Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest overall score ?

Started by jdelo77, February 27, 2016, 08:32:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

Feb. 27, 2016   05:13 PM   3DF4C17F39CB   Santa Anita   6   $0.50   P4   1,4,6,7,8,10 / 3,6 / 4,6,9 / 6,9,11   $54.00   $1,174.10

This is my best hit in a while !!! But it's also a split ticket with a buddy ...what's your biggest hit ever ?

husker71

that is a nice hit     I wish I had the guts to play the pick 4 more    you can tell on TVG that those guys play it pretty hard   especially Paul   I will sit there all day and play win bets and wheel that horse on the top of exactas  even though I swore I would start to play pic 3s and 4s  I have not    again good hit

jdelo77

I lost by a 21k pick 4 by a nose at Saratoga last year ! That one hurt !!! I bet a clement horse on turf that look great and he battled down the stretch only to lose to Pletcher 1ster ( on turf WTH )
In a photo ...it took me months to recover from that one ...

cbhawg03

Had $10 early double yesterday at Oaklawn that returned $595.50. Not biggest hit but most recent big hit.

Dropkick

I hit a trifecta a few years back for a little over $1,200. Pure luck. One Friday I was with some buddies who suggested we pick 3 random numbers and bet tri boxes all day on those three numbers. We struck out. The next day we met more friends at the track and did the same thing but the numbers picked were different. I figured what the heck and bet the Friday numbers for myself just in case. Still tempted to bet the 1-3-5 tri box every time I go now.

jdelo77

Oaklawn has been rough for me this year , my best hit was a lucky straight $5 trifecta , I can't seem to put it together , Santa Anita has been love / hate for since I started playing , but the one wager I can always seem to cash is a $2 tri ...I'm thinking I had a 2500 pick 4 last year at Santa Anita ..that would be my biggest

hogoffate

Biggest score: I hit the early Pick 4 at Aqueduct in 2010 for $1,200.

holeinthewall

I have had a few in the 4-5k range. My first big one was May 13th 1998 I still have the printout I hit a Pick 3 at Churchill ending with race 6 that paid $4369 on a $1. 

jdelo77

My dad plays nothing but $5 straight trifectas !!! He cashes about one every trip to oaklawn , last year I believe it was Arkansas derby day , the second race he had the tri and it paid like 450 I think ? But he also had a streak of two years not cashing a ticket ( he doesn't play that much either )

kingoftherapids

had one of the best months of my life winning wise. had 4 IRS tickets in the last 60 days. one was 602... pissed it wasn't 599. one was 3k. one was 714 on new years eve. and 1 was in australia for about 800 on a 20 cent super... im ashamed.

worst beat... no question it was last year at hawthorne. alive to three horses in the jackpot pick 6. i have the only ticket on one and then payouts are 2k and 3k on my other two. the pot taker hits the lead at the top of the stretch... wins by 2. comes back and there is an objection... after a literal 15 min delay they dq my horse. and the hrose that was second nobody had. so the pool survived. i got 5/6 for 300. and really haven't ever recovered. pool was 11k and it was on a tuesday. i still think conspiracy to keep pool going

husker71

I was standing with the father of a jockey at Aksarben and when they brought the horses out the jockey gave his dad a real long look so I went and bet win and exactas with my last $70 and hit over $1000 that was my 1st big score.  I bet a horse named Mr Paint Bear a couple of years ago and on a sloppy track it paid $186 and I had $20 to win and wheeled the exacta on top $4 tickets and hit the $1200 exacta 2 times.

jdelo77

My big wins are split tickets most of the time , I've met a few guys over the years that are stellar handicappers ! They play from Thursday -Sunday and are not afraid to lose a few grand in a weekend , I can't do that !!! I'm a 200 dollar guy !!! But I do find most of my pick 3&4 tickets from 12-48 bucks are my comfort zone !!

jdelo77

Ohh I almost forgot , last year one day a buddy was betting Santa Anita , there were four of them that made the trip to the OTB , he made 500 dollars worth of pick 6 wagers , he won on a single $2 ticket !!! 12k ...since then I bet every Saturday or Sunday a straight $2 pick 6 lol

hawginbigd1

I hit the cheap super, tri, and exacta in the first at OP on the 27th for a total of $353 definitely my biggest win ever, almost matched it an hour later with the first pick 4 at about $330! I picked 6 of 9 winners that day and I only won $450 on the day, I suck at betting, if I could bet as good as I form horses I could do it for a living LOL!

jdelo77

So I was sitting behind a guy yesterday , he was betting $100 tri boxes , $25 straight exactas , and random win bets ! He was down 3500 before he hit the last race at golden gate , he had a $100 tri .... Way more balls than I have ! That's for sure ....