Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

chest pains

Started by DeltaBoy, January 14, 2015, 08:03:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Bo hiss I have sent the past 24 hours in the hospital.
So far I know I did not have a heart attack and I am waiting to confirm I did not have a Stroke.

I am royally POed cause I still owe 100 bucks on my gall bladder copays from 3 years ago.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Delicious~Dreams

I hope everything is alright.   In my prayers.....I know you may not like the cost but when it comes to your health and saving your life does it really matter?   You are irreplaceable....be glad you went and hope nothing is wrong.   God Bless:)

DeltaBoy

Thanks I was told I was having a rare type of internal mirgraine
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Spent today at Home to let all the meds the Dr gave me work out my system. They had to drug me to get me unto that MRI.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 15, 2015, 07:56:14 pm
Spent today at Home to let all the meds the Dr gave me work out my system. They had to drug me to get me unto that MRI.

MRIs can be a bit intimidating if you don't like loud noise or confined spaces.  I've had two MRIs, but fortunately for me the Army has me used to confined, dark, loud spaces.  SERE-C comes to mind.

I hope you get feeling better, Delta.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on January 16, 2015, 08:13:21 am
MRIs can be a bit intimidating if you don't like loud noise or confined spaces.  I've had two MRIs, but fortunately for me the Army has me used to confined, dark, loud spaces.  SERE-C comes to mind.

I hope you get feeling better, Delta.

I am back to work today and I been in tons of tight spaces doing Construction Work and never had an issue till Wed Morning. It made me flip out.

clutch

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 16, 2015, 09:06:24 am
I am back to work today and I been in tons of tight spaces doing Construction Work and never had an issue till Wed Morning. It made me flip out.

Somehow, those loud MRI machines put me to sleep every single time. I sleep like a baby during them.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: clutch on January 16, 2015, 09:13:51 am
Somehow, those loud MRI machines put me to sleep every single time. I sleep like a baby during them.

After that shot they gave me I went to sleep too.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 14, 2015, 01:13:09 pm
Thanks I was told I was having a rare type of internal mirgraine

Will keep you in prayer.

DeltaBoy

They think I had a Hemiplegic migraine a or a major stress reaction.

H&D

Prayers your way, your health is everything.

I love MRIs, nappy nap time for me. Like Chief said, maybe it was SERE. I got put in solitary for trying to escape after I was captured. Good times, good times.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DeltaBoy

Thanks the Dr says everything is great but that event Tuesday morning scared the Hades out of me.  I could not even pick up a cup of coffee till about 6 hours has passed . What worse is that I am left handed.  Im fine now but still spooked.

DeltaBoy

No further issues I go back to the Dr next Monday for a Follow up.

hawgrunner

Sounds good keep us updated.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Got the all clear on my post event appointment Monday.   I been cleared to join a gym again and get back to working out.  I tipped the scales with my boots on at 254.

Dr. Starcs

The headaches are from those Robert shields articles you love.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2015, 10:59:18 am
The headaches are from those Robert shields articles you love.

LOL +1

Dr. Starcs

Lol. Thank you sir. Glad you are clear.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 17, 2015, 10:24:19 am
Got the all clear on my post event appointment Monday.   I been cleared to join a gym again and get back to working out.  I tipped the scales with my boots on at 254.

Glad you are doing better Delta... I hope you never go through this again and best of luck working out! Sending you positive thoughts Sir. Cheers from Chicago.

DeltaBoy

Thanks I don't scare easily but that event scared the crap out of me.

DeltaBoy

Still doing fine.

DLUXHOG

Be at peace because this is in God's hands.   God is in absolute & total control.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

I had some minor tingling and tightness Monday but I stood up stretched good and did 2 minutes of slow deep breathing and it all went away.

DeltaBoy

I had two more events since I posted last but I been able to ward them off with some Tylenol and deep breathing.

daprospecta

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 01, 2015, 01:40:22 pm
I had some minor tingling and tightness Monday but I stood up stretched good and did 2 minutes of slow deep breathing and it all went away.
It happens to me sometimes in the gym.  It's rare but it happens. Less tightness but more accelerated heart rate but like you, slow deep breathing takes it away and away for the day.

LSUFan

Damn D, just saw this. Never be ashamed/afraid to make that 911 call. I don't think they charge you if they just come and check you out. It's cheaper than a funeral bro!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LSUFan on April 30, 2015, 05:19:03 pm
Damn D, just saw this. Never be ashamed/afraid to make that 911 call. I don't think they charge you if they just come and check you out. It's cheaper than a funeral bro!

I got the School Nurse on Speed Dial.  The DR says one they start they usually keep going and the severity and frequency gets worse over time.

DeltaBoy

Well I have 4 migraines since last post and the Dr said is just part of my genetic makeup.  None of them been as bad as the one that landed me in the ER.

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2015, 12:51:00 pm
Well I have 4 migraines since last post and the Dr said is just part of my genetic makeup.  None of them been as bad as the one that landed me in the ER.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

Well I had another one last Friday and it laid me up till mid Sunday Morning.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 01, 2015, 01:53:16 pm
Well I had another one last Friday and it laid me up till mid Sunday Morning.

The best thing you can do is get in the best shape possible and eat as healthy as you can.  Exercise and nutrition might lessen the severity and frequency of your episodes. 

Sorry man.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on October 01, 2015, 02:12:06 pm
The best thing you can do is get in the best shape possible and eat as healthy as you can.  Exercise and nutrition might lessen the severity and frequency of your episodes. 

Sorry man.

Cleaned my diet up except for the weekends when I tend to eat bad.

I walked 50+ miles the month of Sept according to my MapmyRun AP.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 01, 2015, 02:18:25 pm
Cleaned my diet up except for the weekends when I tend to eat bad.

I walked 50+ miles the month of Sept according to my MapmyRun AP.

Maybe you only need one cheat meal on the weekend with one cheat snack.  The processed foods could be worsening your symptoms.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on October 03, 2015, 11:33:29 am
Maybe you only need one cheat meal on the weekend with one cheat snack.  The processed foods could be worsening your symptoms.

Thanks Chief.  I will stick to Ice cream.

DeltaBoy

I had another episode last night but I got out in front of it  took 2 Excedrin Migraine and did 30 minutes of slow deep breathing till it passed.

DeltaBoy

I am having regular Migraines now 1-2 a month.   It is to the point that I told my Dr to get familiar with TRS Disability protocols I get 10 days off a year with the School and I use 6 already this fall.  It is now a full Pain in my 6.  Cause nothing I do can be pin pointed to cause them.  I go to bed feeling fine and wake up between 2-5 in the morning with them.

DeltaBoy

Well they stopped just as suddenly as they cropped up in the first place. I not had one since Dec 15. Dr said changing my diet might have fixed it.

DeltaBoy

Since my last update they died down I just been sick with Allergies and what ever crap the kids bring to school to share.

DeltaBoy

I had some tightness Thursday but I did some deep breathing and it was gone in 15 minutes.  I got it all checked out when I got my last physical so my heart is strong and vessels are all clear.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 24, 2017, 11:32:55 am
I had some tightness Thursday but I did some deep breathing and it was gone in 15 minutes.  I got it all checked out when I got my last physical so my heart is strong and vessels are all clear.

It's likely stress.....   praying for you.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

No issues over the Summer and with a New Boss I should be fine!