Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After we lose today

Started by COACHINTEXAS, October 28, 2017, 09:51:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

COACHINTEXAS

Since we are dead last in the league against the run at 275 ypg, I think Ole Miss will run mostly and sprinkle in some screens and safe passes for new QB. This is the most pathetic tackling team I've ever seen in college football. It would be interesting to know what our average is after contact, I would bet it 70-90 yards per game. I don't see a win in the SEC, other teams are better and no improvements have been shown and we show no signs what so ever on defense or OL. Bielema can spin it any way he wants, but he needs to be fired after the loss today. In my opinion, we need to get a jump start on finding a replacement.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

my3boneheads

jgphillips3

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 28, 2017, 09:52:58 am
Why even play?

Contracts.  Other than that, forfeits would be less humiliating. 

COACHINTEXAS

Great comeback. Honestly, we wish we wouldn't play!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

EulessHog

I always hope for a win.  However, any momentum gives the awful administration at the U of A reason to keep out current HC. 

Go Hogs Go!

DEVIL DOG HOG

We know whom the losers are.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Lots if channels and lots of other games, if we are so hard to watch perhaps you should go rake leaves or something, take a lil break and you can catch A-State at 7ish.

The real Hogules

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 28, 2017, 10:04:38 am
Lots if channels and lots of other games, if we are so hard to watch perhaps you should go rake leaves or something, take a lil break and you can catch A-State at 7ish.
Hmmm, I wonder if A-State will win? At least for them, the outcome is still in doubt.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jgphillips3

The point here is, we will play because that's what teams do.  To say "why even play?" is just ignorant.  I have played on teams that were completely outclassed and fought as hard as I could to the end knowing all to well what that would be.  That's what players do.  Well, that's what players with heart do anyway.  Those players deserve a lot more than what this coaching staff is giving them.  Oddly, I don't think the coordinators are the problem.  I think CBB is a clueless dolt and has hired poor position coaches.  Those position coaches are responsible for individual position coaching (and failures thereof) and who gets playing time.  KA is the prime example of horse-shite festering in the sun leading to Enos inability to call consistent offense.  On the D side, linebackers and linemen seem to have issues with where to be and that is coaching, not talent.  The secondary, having no pass rush to help them, actually are doing about as much as they can until they get exhausted.  Until we change leadership, it's like a 14 year old driving a Ferrari...we're just going to keep winding up in a ditch.

sowmonella

I thought Ole Miss was last in the league against the run??
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sooieet-N-Sower

Quote from: EulessHog on October 28, 2017, 09:57:18 am
I always hope for a win.  However, any momentum gives the awful administration at the U of A reason to keep out current HC.

Are you kidding?! If you don't hope for a win every game, then you are no true fan ... and you'll never be a great American!!

rljjr

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 28, 2017, 09:54:19 am
Contracts.  Other than that, forfeits would be less humiliating. 
2-0 losses would get our points allowed average down.

Hawginj

Dr. Starcs

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HardCore

Quote from: Sooieet-N-Sower on October 28, 2017, 10:29:20 am

Are you kidding?! If you don't hope for a win every game, then you are no true fan ... and you'll never be a great American!!

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a giant leap forward. 

No one hopes for loses, but this season is not salvageable at this point.  Enos, Rhoads, etc. likely already have their agents looking for other opportunities at this point.  The wheels came off after aTm and has never recovered.

The problem is that Jeff Long (History's Greatest AD since Adam & Eve) cannot be trusted to right the ship.  That is why board members are saying the winning out at this point is potentially worse for the program going forward.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)