Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema Stole My Ride

Started by CattleCorn, March 02, 2015, 02:11:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

Quote from: Hoginsavga on March 02, 2015, 06:15:00 pm
Some of you must have grown up during a different era from me. It was always wait until your Dad gets home that put the holy fear in me.

Or in my case, you get home and dad is already there waiting on you, finding out from his network of friends of what you did.

duckman

Quote from: lrcentral on March 03, 2015, 08:17:40 am
+1 kid should be suspended 1 year from team. Let that kid get in a wreck and kill your wife, son or daughter and see how you feel. There should Zero tolerance for drunk driving. If you need to get home call a cab.

You ever make a mistake when you were 18?

duckman

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 07:52:42 am
Taken away the players car should be something the courts ought to do anyway not the coach.  That punishment should be a matter of fact. 

The real punishment should be loss of playing time.  Maybe 1 game or something like that.  Taking away someone's car isn't much of a punishment.  He can still get around with no problems. 

Ok genius, I ask you this.  If you were 18 to 21 which would bring you more ridicule? Having life go on as normal, still practice, miss a game that you may or have not participated in or..... having to catch a ride with your friends for six months, give or take, because the your coach has commandeered your vehicle for getting a DWI?

Get back with me on that.....

Pork Twain

Quote from: duckman on March 03, 2015, 08:45:32 am
Ok genius, I ask you this.  If you were 18 to 21 which would bring you more ridicule? Having life go on as normal, still practice, miss a game that you may or have not participated in or..... having to catch a ride with your friends for six months, give or take, because the your coach has commandeered your vehicle for getting a DWI?

It seems some have lost touch with reality.  I think this is a great move and for a college kid, that car is everything.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on March 03, 2015, 04:43:04 am
Is it automatic, or automatically suspended for a breathalyzer refusal pending the outcome of the case?

Last I looked, the refusal was, in itself, a separate offense. Automatic suspension of license. Then the DUI case proceeds, and the prosecution attempts to get a conviction, based on all other evidence.

duckman

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on March 03, 2015, 09:09:38 am
Last I looked, the refusal was, in itself, a separate offense. Automatic suspension of license. Then the DUI case proceeds, and the prosecution attempts to get a conviction, based on all other evidence.

I you refuse and the case is proven then the penalty is greater. 

sooeey pig pig pig

In the picture in the article, CBB's face looks completely saturated and swollen in alcohol, like you could squeeze a quart of Fireball out of each jowl.   ;D

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

ricepig

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 07:52:42 am
Taken away the players car should be something the courts ought to do anyway not the coach.  That punishment should be a matter of fact. 

The real punishment should be loss of playing time.  Maybe 1 game or something like that.  Taking away someone's car isn't much of a punishment.  He can still get around with no problems. 

Yeah, give em a helicopter since they don't have a driver's license......

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on March 03, 2015, 04:43:04 am
Is it automatic, or automatically suspended for a breathalyzer refusal pending the outcome of the case?

It's automatic, regardless of whether you blow or not.

Arrested for a DWI, and your license is suspended pending trial.  Convicted, and you have another suspension.  Case gets tossed or your'e found not guilty, you get your license back.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: duckman on March 03, 2015, 09:12:08 am
I you refuse and the case is proven then the penalty is greater. 

Not by law.  Judges and juries can take that into account, but there is no enhanced punishment for DWI if you refuse.

Refusal of a breath/blood/Miss test is a separate offense in and of itself, but the only punishment is a suspension of your DL.

mizzouman

March 03, 2015, 12:55:44 pm #62 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 03:04:55 pm by mizzouman
Quote from: southeasthog on March 03, 2015, 08:19:04 am
how many games did your coach suspend himself for?
One game plus millions of dollars.  Should have been suspended for more.

mizzouman

Quote from: Jamie Jones on March 03, 2015, 08:22:06 am
If losing game time were the punishment for alcohol related incidents in Missouri, your home state team would play without a head coach much of the time.

Losing his driving privileges was not the only punishment. It was the uniqueness of the punishment that made it stand out. Now, way with you, Tigger.
I agree.  Coach Pinkel should have been suspended for more games. 

mizzouman

mizzouman

Quote from: duckman on March 03, 2015, 08:45:32 am

Yes, I am a genius according to my IQ test.  Thanks.

Life would not go on as normal.  The court system will take care of it.  Internally, taken away the kids car really does nothing.  The court should suspend his license, therefore, he can't drive anyway.  So, what good would it do to take his car away as a coach?

Also, I'm sure CBB has more on this young man's plate to complete. 

ricepig

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 01:02:09 pm
Yes, I am a genius according to my IQ test.  Thanks.

Life would not go on as normal.  The court system will take care of it.  Internally, taken away the kids car really does nothing.  The court should suspend his license, therefore, he can't drive anyway.  So, what good would it do to take his car away as a coach?

Also, I'm sure CBB has more on this young man's plate to complete. 

So people don't drive on suspended licenses? Yeah, you're a genius, real man of genius, I say!

toshortrock

coach did what momma also wanted him to do,,WPS
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

umpqua

He can only use the car for "football and academic purposes?" Isn't all of that on campus? Does he live in Fayetteville?

Walking is good exercise.

GolfnHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 02, 2015, 04:16:56 pm
Didn't realize that.  That's kind of bothersome actually.  I would like to think we wouldn't be punished until we've been convicted.

When you voluntarily sign up and get a driver's license you give your implied consent that it's a "privilege" and not a right. In that, should you be stopped and charged with DUI/DWI (whatever acronym you choose to use) when you signed, you agreed to abide by the laws of the state that issued that privilege.

Over 28 years I arrested 4483 drivers for DWI/DUI. How many did I miss? More than I arrested, I promise you. Some made poor decisions to drive while intoxicated or even "buzzed, while others killed innocents because of their choice to operate a motor vehicle.

To those that have never been slapped so hard by a mother when she was told her 17 yr old daughter had been killed, you've missed some of the most poignant & painful moments in life. All you can do is grab that Mom, hug her and tell her how sorry you are.  I've been on both sides of the DUI/DWI arguments and to this day, depending on the individual, everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life. Whether it be to live or the opportunity to reconcile their life because of a bad and fatal decision.

I applaud CBB for the "suspension of use of vehicle" as it had the endorsement of Tawain's mother and she was a big part of the decision making process to reach the actions taken.

It sends a message to the players  that even though they are away from home, the parents still "know" when things are amiss and the coach is going to make them aware of the issues and get the parents input to what is best in addressing punishment or corrective measures.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

nchogg

Quote from: gmarv on March 03, 2015, 08:17:05 am
yeah that was bad news getting your own switch.couldn,t figure out which ones hurt the least.those peach limb switches sure did thou.
My mother used a pear tree limb.

nchogg

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 03, 2015, 02:14:06 pm
When you voluntarily sign up and get a driver's license you give your implied consent that it's a "privilege" and not a right. In that, should you be stopped and charged with DUI/DWI (whatever acronym you choose to use) when you signed, you agreed to abide by the laws of the state that issued that privilege.

Over 28 years I arrested 4483 drivers for DWI/DUI. How many did I miss? More than I arrested, I promise you. Some made poor decisions to drive while intoxicated or even "buzzed, while others killed innocents because of their choice to operate a motor vehicle.

To those that have never been slapped so hard by a mother when she was told her 17 yr old daughter had been killed, you've missed some of the most poignant & painful moments in life. All you can do is grab that Mom, hug her and tell her how sorry you are.  I've been on both sides of the DUI/DWI arguments and to this day, depending on the individual, everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life. Whether it be to live or the opportunity to reconcile their life because of a bad and fatal decision.

I applaud CBB for the "suspension of use of vehicle" as it had the endorsement of Tawain's mother and she was a big part of the decision making process to reach the actions taken.

It sends a message to the players  that even though they are away from home, the parents still "know" when things are amiss and the coach is going to make them aware of the issues and get the parents input to what is best in addressing punishment or corrective measures.
Good post. +1

JonClaudeVanHam

Can Hogville please stop posting terrible memes?
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

mizzouman

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2015, 10:46:57 am
Yeah, give em a helicopter since they don't have a driver's license......
If only he was the pilot, then I would be worried.  I wonder if they serve drinks on that ride?  If so, no wonder he loves it so much.

mizzouman

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2015, 01:06:33 pm
So people don't drive on suspended licenses? Yeah, you're a genius, real man of genius, I say!
Not sure I said that.  But, if his license was suspended and he was caught driving, then more serious actions by law enforcement would be forthcoming. 

GolfnHog

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 03:06:14 pm
Not sure I said that.  But, if his license was suspended and he was caught driving, then more serious actions by law enforcement would be forthcoming. 

Not really. Law Enforcement would arrest him but the more serious subsequent actions would be the responsibility of the court or the judicial branch of government.  However, due to the nature of the offense the violator is out of jail on a small bond. Chances are he then drives off from the jail.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 03:06:14 pm

true........mandatory jail time for "driving on suspended"..........not as simple as "no license"...........

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 03, 2015, 03:17:25 pm
Chances are he then drives off from the jail.

...not if his license is suspended.............

redswarmrising

Quote from: gmarv on March 03, 2015, 08:17:05 am
yeah that was bad news getting your own switch.couldn,t figure out which ones hurt the least.those peach limb switches sure did thou.

peacch tree switches sucked.my grandma peeled the bark off of them so they made that nice whistling sound and you knew you were about to be cut in half

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: GolfnHog on March 03, 2015, 03:17:25 pm
Not really. Law Enforcement would arrest him but the more serious subsequent actions would be the responsibility of the court or the judicial branch of government.  However, due to the nature of the offense the violator is out of jail on a small bond. Chances are he then drives off from the jail.

If your license is suspended for a DWI, and you get caught driving on it, it's a mandatory 10 day jail sentence.

jvanhorn

Quote from: dhizzle on March 02, 2015, 03:22:12 pm
Some of the comments people made about the story say he over reached and you can't take away possessions. He didn't take anything just told him he can't drive around town basically. Some people are way to soft.

Which is why you should pray there is never a WWIII, or we will all be learning a new language when it is over.

twistitup

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on March 03, 2015, 04:47:42 pm
If your license is suspended for a DWI, and you get caught driving on it, it's a mandatory 10 day jail sentence.

Many, many people accept that risk
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: twistitup on March 03, 2015, 05:35:28 pm

Oh for sure.

I've seen folks plead guilty to a DWI, the Judge will tell them their license is suspended, and they'll drive away from the Courthouse.

It's bananas.

hawgw1ld

per the arkgov website, the following is said about the suspension of a DL for a DWI:

http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/driverServices/Pages/DriverControl.aspx

DUI, DWI, Court Orders, Violations
Upon arrest a law enforcement officer will give the person an Official Driver's License Receipt and Notice of Suspension/Revocation of Driving Privilege.  The law enforcement officer will take the driver's license.  The Notice will also allow the person to drive for the next thirty days (if they have a valid license). The Notice will inform the person that they have seven days to request an administrative hearing to determine if they were driving while intoxicated, or registered a .08% BAC, or refused the BAC test.  Also, the Notice gives instructions to the licensee to contact Driver Control, or request a hearing to determine their eligibility for an interlock restricted license, or a restricted permit.  If at the hearing, the person is found to driving while intoxicated, or registered a BAC .08%, or refused the BAC test the driver's license will be suspended for 6 months for 1st offense DWI, and/or 180 days for 1st offense Refuse Test.  Suspension for 2 years for a 2nd offense within 5 years, suspension for 30 months for 3rd offense within 5 years, and revocation for 4 years for 4th offense DWI within 5 years.  Revocation permanently for 4 offense Refuse Test within 5 years.  Prior to reinstatement a person must have completed an approved drug and alcohol education or treatment program for each DWI/Refusal offense on the person's record, and must pay a reinstatement fee of $150.00 per offense.

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on March 03, 2015, 05:38:23 pm
Oh for sure.

I've seen folks plead guilty to a DWI, the Judge will tell them their license is suspended, and they'll drive away from the Courthouse.

It's bananas.

Gotta survive somehow.  You can't be an enormous burden on everyone you know.  And you have to survive.  At that point, it's about doing what you have to do.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pork Twain

There was a guy in New Mexico that was arrested for 22 DUIs.  If you are willing to risk drinking and driving, risking drinking and driving on a suspended  DL is nothing.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pigasaurus

Quote from: nchogg on March 03, 2015, 02:43:04 pm
My mother used a pear tree limb.

It was a choice between privet hedge by the carport or dad's catalpa worm trees in the back yard.  I was more scared of mama's switch than dad's belt.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

TeedupHigh

Quote from: Hoginsavga on March 02, 2015, 06:15:00 pm
Some of you must have grown up during a different era from me. It was always wait until your Dad gets home that put the holy fear in me.

This was back in the day when spanking that ass did not get criminal charges filed for child abuse............BUT people bitch when a drunk kid kills a family driving, UNLESS he is a star athlete or movie star....Part of dumbing down America!

TeedupHigh

Quote from: duckman on March 03, 2015, 08:38:24 am
You ever make a mistake when you were 18?

Driving drunk is not a mistake, it is a choice!  Yes it damn sure is, the person caught made the choice to drink, then he should face the consequence of that choice and then offense should be much harder than what the law is today.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: twistitup on March 03, 2015, 05:35:28 pm

Same people who just never could seem to get their homework done in fifth grade...........

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: TeedupHigh on March 04, 2015, 07:24:44 am
Driving drunk is not a mistake, it is a choice!  Yes it damn sure is, the person caught made the choice to drink, then he should face the consequence of that choice and then offense should be much harder than what the law is today.

Interesting that, when you talk to some guys 65+ years old, DWI was just another traffic offense when they were growing up. Talked to one guy who claimed to have had over 30 DWIs back in the 60s.

Gabrielhog

How many threads on this the past 2 week?  It is time to quit airing the young man's dirty laundry in public.  Coach B had dealt with it and that should end it for us.  Is it any wonder it hard to recruit highly regarded instate prospects.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on March 03, 2015, 05:38:23 pm
Oh for sure.

It's bananas.

My exact point in my previous post. You can't fix stupid but they can get behind the wheel.

DeltaBoy

I am proud of Coach taking that young man's car.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TeedupHigh on March 04, 2015, 07:24:44 am

Not supporting driving drunk, but mistakes are often choices. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2015, 12:03:21 pm
Not supporting driving drunk, but mistakes are often choices. 

Mistakes are almost always choices.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on March 04, 2015, 12:18:48 pm
Mistakes are almost always choices.

Agreed. I think the word "mistake" inherently means you made a bad choice.  If you had no choice, it wouldn't really be a mistake, would it? 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2015, 12:21:38 pm
Agreed. I think the word "mistake" inherently means you made a bad choice.  If you had no choice, it wouldn't really be a mistake, would it? 

Yeah, I sat here for a minute trying to think when a mistake would not be a choice.  Couldn't really come up with anything that wasn't pretty contrived.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 04, 2015, 12:27:13 pm
Yeah, I sat here for a minute trying to think when a mistake would not be a choice.  Couldn't really come up with anything that wasn't pretty contrived.

I never could figure out why my mom called me a "mistake" when I was a kid.  I don't know what the choice was concerning that...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.