Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema Stole My Ride

Started by CattleCorn, March 02, 2015, 02:11:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Jamie Jones

Bielema called Tevin Beanum's mom and she let Coach take Tevin's car away, except for football and academic purposes. Classic. If he gets caught doing anything unrelated to those two areas in his car, the consequences are going to increase. I love it! Stay out of trouble....
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Pigsknuckles

Called his Mom??? Man, that took some stones. Now that's taking care of momma's baby.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Jek Tono Porkins

This is why I love bielema. He doesn't screw around. If you screw up, it's not a slap on the wrist. It's serious. That may seem draconian in the short term, but bielema is playing the long game here. Recruits will know what the expectations are when they get here and they will know that if they screw up, it's (as joe Biden would say) a big f'in deal. That means better retention and less attrition in the long term.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hawg IQ

This is a great way to handle what TB did wrong, proud of Coach BB.
A little old fashioned disciplined never hurt anyone. This kid has a chance to help the team and he knows he messed up. Time to move on now !
go hogs go !

Mark_Freeman

Imagine his clout in the living room now on recruiting trips. "Will I CARE for your boy? Have you heard about Tevin Beanum." Especially if Beanum's story has a happy ending.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

dhizzle

Some of the comments people made about the story say he over reached and you can't take away possessions. He didn't take anything just told him he can't drive around town basically. Some people are way to soft.

dhizzle

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 02, 2015, 03:21:20 pm
po po didn't take his license?

I thought your license got suspended.

wholehog92

Quote from: dhizzle on March 02, 2015, 03:22:56 pm

6 months first offense, but that won't happen until court date and I'm not sure if that is a mandatory penalty or a judge's discretion.

Edit:  I think it's a good move by Coach.  Get momma on board, and if the kid doesn't care for it, he can always ignore coach and quit the team.  It's not like the kid's rights are being violated as some have intimated.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LRHawg

Man, if that were me Coach B wouldn't have to do anything, after my dad got done with me. Good on him and TB's mom.

RonBurgundy

So no real punishment at all?  Or has he said he's waiting until after the hearing?

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: wholehog92 on March 02, 2015, 03:40:00 pm
6 months first offense, but that won't happen until court date and I'm not sure if that is a mandatory penalty or a judge's discretion.

Edit:  I think it's a good move by Coach.  Get momma on board, and if the kid doesn't care for it, he can always ignore coach and quit the team.  It's not like the kid's rights are being violated as some have intimated.

Your license is automatically suspended once you're arrested for a DWI, and will continue until the conclusion of your case.  The 6 month suspension doesn't kick in until you're convicted, and the Judge has no discretion to change that.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

MissippHog

CBB is treating him like he would if he were his son.  If your kid were to do this, do you kick them out of the family?  Most would say no.  So, you allow him to use his car so he can fulfill his obligations and responsibilities but limit his privilege to drive around for the heck of it.  I like it.

wholehog92

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on March 02, 2015, 03:58:00 pm
Your license is automatically suspended once you're arrested for a DWI, and will continue until the conclusion of your case.  The 6 month suspension doesn't kick in until you're convicted, and the Judge has no discretion to change that.

Didn't realize that.  That's kind of bothersome actually.  I would like to think we wouldn't be punished until we've been convicted.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

nchogg

After reading some of the responses on the link it's nice to read the comments on hogville. No one knows the conversion coach had with his mother. How people are attacking our coach is plain stupid. All they see is the use of his car for football and very few see the use for going to class. Some people just love the continued off field problems other schools have and don't like our coach that nips it in the butt when the problem starts. He does care about his players and so do the coaches. Coach Singleton is a players coach and I would hate to piss him off. Good job coach.

Swine & Cheese Club

Tevin will most likely have to take 3 weeks of DASEP classes, which costs $150 bucks plus a $50 reinstatement fee for his license and possibly a MADD class for a first offense DWI.  Along with the court costs and fines this will be a costly mistake.

There are alternative options to going out and drinking.  You just need to have a plan in place.  Hopefully a lesson will be learned from this, not only by Tevin, but the rest of the team also.

I applaud this move.   :razorback:

phadedhawg

Hopefully he comes thru this well.  It will reflect good on him, Coach, and the program. 

Tough love, but still compassionate will accomplish more for this young man than just kicking him to the curb. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on March 02, 2015, 02:53:05 pm
This is why I love bielema. He doesn't screw around. If you screw up, it's not a slap on the wrist. It's serious. That may seem draconian in the short term, but bielema is playing the long game here. Recruits will know what the expectations are when they get here and they will know that if they screw up, it's (as joe Biden would say) a big f'in deal. That means better retention and less attrition in the long term.
More than that, parents are going to know that CBB will take care of their kids.

The more he does here, the more I like him.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The Boar War

Quote from: dhizzle on March 02, 2015, 03:22:12 pm
Some of the comments people made about the story say he over reached and you can't take away possessions. He didn't take anything just told him he can't drive around town basically. Some people are way to soft.

Actually if you want to take it further he didn't take it away at all.  Tevin can drive that car wherever he wants.  He just won't be on the team.  Every action has a consequence.

HogPound

Quote from: dhizzle on March 02, 2015, 03:22:56 pm

Doesn't matter. I knew plenty of idiots that had their license "taken away" for DWI, but still continued to drive until they were caught again.

Love having coach B here.

Hoginsavga

Some of you must have grown up during a different era from me. It was always wait until your Dad gets home that put the holy fear in me.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogPound

Quote from: Hoginsavga on March 02, 2015, 06:15:00 pm
Some of you must have grown up during a different era from me. It was always wait until your Dad gets home that put the holy fear in me.

That was my time. But some kids don't have a dad in their life.

A.Ziffle

I'm not sure how Coach B. understood Beanum's mom. I've spoke to her on a few occasions and her German accent is very heavy. She's a really nice lady though, just hard to understand.

On the other hand, the punishment that Coach B. came up with is pretty interesting. I like the idea of it. Not only is Coach B. bringing uncommon players to the Hill, he's running the program in an uncommon way. Bravo to him.

reddogjcss

atekido

Quote from: RonBurgundy on March 02, 2015, 03:53:31 pm
So no real punishment at all?  Or has he said he's waiting until after the hearing?

learn to read.

PonderinHog

hoghiker

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

pigbacon

Pair him up with one of the OL that ride mopeds around campus. That'll teach him.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin it. (say's a father of 4)
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

3kgthog

I've always wondered why the team doesn't have designated teammates as DDs. Surely there are some that would volunteer to drive their teammates at any time day or night.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 02, 2015, 10:04:05 pm
I've always wondered why the team doesn't have designated teammates as DDs. Surely there are some that would volunteer to drive their teammates at any time day or night.

Make the freshman drive, of course, there's already Safe ride, or whatever they call it.

pigbacon

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 02, 2015, 10:04:05 pm

Who says they don't? I agree, but it's kind of a catch 22...could be perceived as condoning drinking if implemented by the staff. I don't know what the team rules are, but it would always be better to acknowledge that it is going to happen regardless and go ahead and implement preventative measures.  I'd think it's more of the team captains and leaders role.

Didn't a player pass out at the Taco Bell drive-thru a few years back?

chitwnhog

duckman

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on March 02, 2015, 03:58:00 pm

Is it automatic, or automatically suspended for a breathalyzer refusal pending the outcome of the case?
Let's make some waves.

twistitup

I also heard that he makes them go get their own switch

Bb is old school and I love it
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

supersaint

The car has been sent to Chip Foos for some Overhaulin.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Kevin

who gives a crap how a bunch of national media react.

just do your job cbb to the best of you ability
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OldCoot

Quote from: MissippHog on March 02, 2015, 03:58:54 pm
CBB is treating him like he would if he were his son.  If your kid were to do this, do you kick them out of the family?  Most would say no.  So, you allow him to use his car so he can fulfill his obligations and responsibilities but limit his privilege to drive around for the heck of it.  I like it.

I do too.  I would let my son play for him and feel 100% comfortable with him being on this hill.

I screwed up when I was 14 with a friend and I wasn't even driving.  I didn't get to drive her car again until after I came back from the Army.

mizzouman

Taken away the players car should be something the courts ought to do anyway not the coach.  That punishment should be a matter of fact. 

The real punishment should be loss of playing time.  Maybe 1 game or something like that.  Taking away someone's car isn't much of a punishment.  He can still get around with no problems. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: mizzouman on March 03, 2015, 07:52:42 am
Taken away the players car should be something the courts ought to do anyway not the coach.  That punishment should be a matter of fact. 

The real punishment should be loss of playing time.  Maybe 1 game or something like that.  Taking away someone's car isn't much of a punishment.  He can still get around with no problems. 

There are things the young man will endure.  CBB has got this. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

gmarv

Quote from: twistitup on March 03, 2015, 05:33:03 am
I also heard that he makes them go get their own switch

Bb is old school and I love it
yeah that was bad news getting your own switch.couldn,t figure out which ones hurt the least.those peach limb switches sure did thou.

lrcentral

+1 kid should be suspended 1 year from team. Let that kid get in a wreck and kill your wife, son or daughter and see how you feel. There should Zero tolerance for drunk driving. If you need to get home call a cab.

southeasthog

how many games did your coach suspend himself for?

Jamie Jones

If losing game time were the punishment for alcohol related incidents in Missouri, your home state team would play without a head coach much of the time.

Losing his driving privileges was not the only punishment. It was the uniqueness of the punishment that made it stand out. Now, way with you, Tigger.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Peter Porker

What was Drinkel's punishment?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.