Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Enos and Smith tonight

Started by ricepig, February 26, 2015, 07:16:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Enos: We want to get as many big and fast guys as we can and find ways to get them the ball

Enos: Everyone I've met in this state is really passionate about the Razorbacks. It's a privilege for me to be here. http://t.co/Jnx2G3Ya7J

Smith: I really feel that the Razorbacks have the most passionate fans in all of college football #WoooPig http://t.co/Mbj3RAfAr7

Enos: We are going to try to be multiple on offense. We want to be versatile and use many personnel groups.

Enos: Games are all different. We want to run the ball when we need to and throw the ball when we need to. Whatever we need to win games.

Enos: Brandon Allen is a terrific young man. I want guys that I want my children to be like one day. Brandon is one of those guys.

Smith: At the end of the day, we are going to get our three best linebackers on the football field.

havok

Sounds like Coach Enos is gonna have packages with "All" our weapons on the field.  (Both Williams and Collins on the field..giving defensive Coords 2 backs to worry about at the same time).

DeltaBoy

Hunter Henry as HB and line up Collins and Williams on either side of the QB
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Might as well have Kenny Hatfield running the offense.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 02, 2015, 01:26:04 pm
Hunter Henry as HB and line up Collins and Williams on either side of the QB
hope this comes to pass. Would be impossible to prepare for.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bennyl08

You can live and you can die by the multiple offense. The two best examples that come to mind are (were) the 49'ers and the patriots. During their superbowl run, the 49'ers would one game run a tradition, power offense and the next would be a hurry up, no huddle, read option team. Coupled with their dominating defense and they were incredibly difficult to beat. However, it can also be tough to establish any identity on offense. The next season, their defense was still strong, but their offense was a mess and they couldn't establish much of anything. This year, their defense took some major hits, offensive woes continued, and they now have a new HC.

The patriots are a bit better at multiple offenses. They can and often will go one game where brady throws 50+ times to another where he may only drop back 20 times. The patriots seem to operate on the sole principle of taking away what you do best, on both sides of the ball. I.e. if you are a good running team and bad passing team. They will truly not care how many passing yards they give up so long as they stop the run, because they trust you will make more mistakes throwing than running. Similarly when they are on offense. If you are best at stopping one thing, they will change their offense to minimize your defensive strengths.

Of course, there are plenty of ways to be multiple on offense without being as extreme as the above levels. With the limited time in college and Enos's emphasis on simplifying the playcalling and terminology, I have to imagine he isn't going to get too complex with with the offense. I.e. being a jack of all trades vs a master of one.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I think the point is that it's the same offense regardless whether they run or pass.  Same sets, same options out of the sets, same looks for the defense.  Defenses are going to try to force the opposing offense "to beat them with your left hand." In other words, they want you to do what they think you're worse at.  If you can present them with an offense that says cheat for the run and I'll beat you with the pass and cheat for the pass and I'll beat you with the run, you're ahead of the game, especially if you're using the same looks for both. That's the pro-set Bielema is looking for. That's what Enos is looking for.

I am not yet convinced that Allen is the QB to maximize that kind of threat. He throws great on the run, but has missed a lot of open receivers down field in his time with us.  If Enos can address the accuracy problem, and if Pittman and the OL can give the lie to Chaney's claim that they weren't quick enough to run screens, we've got something  -- a great OL, great RBs, a dangerous TE or more than one dangerous TE, and some wideouts who have gotten open with more on the way, and a couple of possession receivers (don't underestimate Hollister).  If Williams and Collins can catch the ball a time or two, and Allen can hit folks when they're open, we'd be nasty.

EFBAB

HF#1

One staple I think we will see is one our TE's split out wide. Especially Hunter Henry.  Think Gronk in NE.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

azhog10

Quote from: HF#1 on March 05, 2015, 09:51:37 am
One staple I think we will see is one our TE's split out wide. Especially Hunter Henry.  Think Gronk in NE.
This isn't new. We did this often with HH this last season.

HF#1

Quote from: azhog10 on March 05, 2015, 02:08:30 pm
This isn't new. We did this often with HH this last season.

I don't think we used it like we really wanted to though. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

I believe the passing game will take a major step forward this fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: HF#1 on March 05, 2015, 03:41:26 pm
I don't think we used it like we really wanted to though. 
How did we want to do it? Did we want to split him out 10 yards from the boundary instead of 12? 

And who are "we"? 

1. Coaching staff? if so which coach are you?
2. Player?  if so which player are you ?
3  Fan?  most likely I presume.  If so, are you speaking for the fans or the team?  Did you poll the fans to get consensus or do you have an informant on the team?

Hog Villager

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 06, 2015, 02:57:04 pm
How did we want to do it? Did we want to split him out 10 yards from the boundary instead of 12? 

And who are "we"? 

1. Coaching staff? if so which coach are you?
2. Player?  if so which player are you ?
3  Fan?  most likely I presume.  If so, are you speaking for the fans or the team?  Did you poll the fans to get consensus or do you have an informant on the team?

Don't be a D. You very well know that he means "we" as in razorback nation which includes the team, coaches, fans, boosters, media, and anyone else with a vested interest in the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Some people and their internet macho...
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

Foshodo