Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's come clean, Jwill or Collins?

Started by CoveMan, February 25, 2015, 12:29:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 26, 2015, 11:07:51 pm
I recall that, but it was a LB, and he is probably the fastest in the country.  There was no shame in being drug down by that dude.  We have some fans who are spoiled from watching DMAC outrun everyone, and you seem to be one of those.  He was a freak.  VERY few RB's have the speed to outrun everyone on the defense.  VERY few.

Chad Jones nearly caught McFadden from behin. Casey Dick was there to make a block. he did get caught vs Wisconsin, but wasn't 100%.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

jgphillips3

JWill by a hair.  His combination of speed and power just gives him the edge for me. 

Peter Porker

Either one could finish this season as the all-time leading rusher.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2015, 12:41:04 am
Williams is bigger, stronger, and faster than Collins.

Collins is quicker, more elusive, and has better vision than Williams.

This is a fair summary.

Jon Williams always gets the slight edge, to me, in this discussion. How hard he runs, and how tenacious he becomes when 2, 3, 4 guys try to tackle him, is spectacular. Those yards after contact/contact/contact are some of my favorite things to watch a Hog RB do since DMac and Felix were running wild all over the field.

It also kinda reminds me of how Joe Adams used to run after he caught the ball. They just do not want to be tackled. They refuse to be tackled.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DukeOfPork

TheRazorback500

I'm going to give it to JWill by a nose. I forget what game it was, but I remember he broke five or six tackles in about 15 yards, made a killer spin move, and fought into the end zone with a couple of players draped on him. I haven't seen AC run like that. If Singleton can get that out of him, he'll be a monster.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

31to6

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 25, 2015, 12:41:04 am
Williams is bigger, stronger, and faster than Collins.

Collins is quicker, more elusive, and has better vision than Williams.

When the OL is opening big holes, William's is typically more successful due to his physical abilities. When the holes are tighter, Collins has the advantage in his ability to create his own holes so to speak. Both are great backs to have.
They are both great backs and they both thrive in a variety of scenarios.

They will both put up a lot of yards and statistically they are almost identical.

But if the game is on the line, I want the ball in JWill's hands.

acey33

Been there, Done that already...JWill

Peter Porker

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on February 27, 2015, 05:18:24 pm
I'm going to give it to JWill by a nose. I forget what game it was, but I remember he broke five or six tackles in about 15 yards, made a killer spin move, and fought into the end zone with a couple of players draped on him. I haven't seen AC run like that. If Singleton can get that out of him, he'll be a monster.

:razorback:

That's not Alex's style. Is style, however, would lend itself to self preservation which may make him the better runningback in the long run.