Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Harris tackles the Razorbacks defense

Started by SportsLife, September 01, 2016, 03:01:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

King Kong

Hey look Jim finally figured out Randy Ramsey was back on the team.

longpig

Quote from: King Kong on September 01, 2016, 03:08:36 pm
Hey look Jim finally figured out Randy Ramsey was back on the team.

Good job, Jim.
Don't be scared, be smart.

theFlyingHog

So I'll throw it out there. $100 and I'll proofread for you. Do people not go back and read what they write? I make fewer errors when I'm so drunk I see three sets of keys

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: SportsLife on September 01, 2016, 03:01:17 pm
Can the secondary be better this year?

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/jim-harris-can-razorbacks-better/

I know I'm a homer, but, yes (Virginia, there is a Santa Claus) guys the secondary (and the whole defense) can be better this year.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

longpig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 01, 2016, 03:23:30 pm
So I'll throw it out there. $100 and I'll proofread for you. Do people not go back and read what they write? I make fewer errors when I'm so drunk I see three sets of keys

My A.D.D. couldn't handle the misspellings and horrible sentence structure,wouldn't allow me to continue past the 2nd paragraph. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

elksnort

Good article.

It was pretty obvious that the defensive line was slower last year that the year(s) before.

Hopefully this will change.

Steef

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SamBuckhart

Anxious to see Sosa and Capps. Thanks, Mr. Harris. Wooo Pig
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hawginbigd1

It's as if Jim stole this right out of my head, the meat of this problem was inexperience and poor play at LB and safety. I will say as PC as I can, part of this area, I expect to be much improved, but part is baked in, we might see some minimal improvement.

DoctorSusscrofa

Tackles the defense? Umm, that's not who your supposed to tackle.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

ricepig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 01, 2016, 08:15:30 pm

My thoughts exactly, maybe Jim needs to watch and learn a little about football.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 01, 2016, 08:15:30 pm

That didn't come from Jim, it came from whomever posted the article. "SportsLife". Don't blame Jim.
Go Hogs Go!

lutherheggs

Good article that makes you think about every component of the defense critically. Thanks, Jim Harris.

Jim hit on a yuge point: depth. That has mostly been the underlying reason for Arkansas' inability to compete at highest levels year in, year out. The Razorbacks have NEVER had it and programs like Texas, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, and TN have had it in most seasons over the decades.

Do the Hogs have depth this year on defense? I do not know. And of course it is not just "depth" they need. The team needs meaningful depth. Do they have that? Probably not. Why would they suddenly have it this year? Switching sides, the Hogs certainly do not have meaningful depth on offense. I am much more worried about being able to score points this year than worried about the defense.

I do not expect much from the offense. It is not experienced. There is no depth at most positions. If this team finishes 7-5, 3-5, I'll be happy.

lutherheggs

Quote from: longpig on September 01, 2016, 03:38:23 pm
My A.D.D. couldn't handle the misspellings and horrible sentence structure,wouldn't allow me to continue past the 2nd paragraph.
Boy, you are smart. Thanks for letting us know.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: longpig on September 01, 2016, 03:38:23 pm
Yet you complain using a run on sentence.  lololol
And Flying Hog the Grammar Nazi forgot punctuation. 
Find something else to complain about tools.
😂 😂 😂
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: PORKULATOR on September 03, 2016, 09:31:55 am
Yet you complain using a run on sentence.  lololol
And Flying Hog the Grammar Nazi forgot punctuation. 
Find something else to complain about tools.
😂 😂 😂
...complain "while" using a run"-"on...
...to complain about"," tools.

You're welcome.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Potosihog

I don't always agree with Jim Harris but when I do, it's brilliant.  ;-)
Good article Jim.  Let's hope you are spot on.