Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas beat Duke for the National Championship 76-72 in Charlotte, North Carolina

Started by Westcoasthog, April 07, 2015, 01:24:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

Arkansas beat Duke for the National Championship in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Arkansas won the National Championship in 1994.   The final score was Arkansas 76, Duke 72,.  The coach for Arkansas was Nolan Richardson. Mike Anderson who is
now the head Basketball coach at Arkansas was the Assistant Coach.  Mike Krzyzewski
who was the coach at Duke is the same coach that won the National National Championship for Duke 68 to 63 over Wisconsin in 2015.

davglo35

The soft spoken coach K is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. IMO even better than John Wooden. Wooden had 10 ncaa championships but K has more wins and 5 championships. You have to look at the long run Duke has had under K and the overall body of work.

hawgmasta

Quote from: davglo35 on April 07, 2015, 02:21:20 am
The soft spoken coach K is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. IMO even better than John Wooden. Wooden had 10 ncaa championships but K has more wins and 5 championships. You have to look at the long run Duke has had under K and the overall body of work.

In a time when there's much more overall talent (players and coaches) and teams.

Dr. Starcs

3kgthog

Calipari and Billy "Eddie Munster" Donovan have replaced Coach K on my dislike list. I guess K is alright now. At least I don't recall any of his players uttering racial slurs at pressers or getting into any Auburn football type trouble. If you've ever truly looked into Duke's recruiting and their odd job placement of recruits' parents, you might feel a little differently. But maybe that's just me being jealous because we don't seem to be willing to "play the game" in our recruiting.

I did think it was interesting that, until last night, K was 0-3 against #1 seeds in the NCAA final. It feels good being one of the teams that beat them in what amounted to a home game for them. I fear it may be a long while before we have that feeling again.

BadHog

Coach K is the best. The fact that we won that 94 game screams volumes about our coach at the time, the players, and their complete determination.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Razorback_2007

The more time passes the more remarkable our past successes become. Coach K has coached in 9 National Championships. He as beaten Roy Williams-Kansas '91, Steve Fisher-Michigan (Fab 5) '92, Lute Olsen-Arizona '01, Butler-Brad Stevens '10, and Bo Ryan-Wisconsin '15. Now this is what I like....he has been defeated by Louisville-Denny Crum '86, UNLV- Jerry Tarkanian '90, Arkansas-Nolan Richardson '94(In ACC COUNTRY), UCONN-Jim Calhoun '99.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

phadedhawg

I started respecting Coach K when I saw the job he did with team USA.  He restored our basketball team as gold medalists.  It's a unique challenge trying to get so many stars to play good team basketball.  The Europeans were owning us because they played smarter than we were.  Coach K got in there and righted the ship.  Ever since then I've held him in high regard. 

The 2008 Dream Team "Redeem Team" even made me a fan of Kobe Bryant.  His performance in the Gold Medal game vs Spain was epic.   

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'