Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rupp's Rafters

Started by Karma, April 05, 2015, 01:32:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If you aren't reading this today you are missing out. Solid gold. Pure misery combined with "we wuz robbed"

(notOM)Rebel123

It's hilarious. The crying over how they got hosed by the officials is pathetic.
FT's attempted (season)
Kentucky-943
Opponents-672.

FT's made:
Kentucky-685
Opponents-443

Kentucky with 271 more FT's than their opponents & actually made more FT's than their opponents attempted.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rude1

I hate that the officials missed a clear shot clock violation in favor of Wi. because it leaves the excuse makers room to just forget about how other than that call Wi. totally outplayed Ky down the stretch of that game.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I've been over there a lot today and it has been fabulous! Here's a few topics

Refs screwed us

Harrison's racial slur during post game presser not his fault. He just was emotional. Wish ESPN would drop it.

Duke fans cheering for wisky made them mad!

WCS still an all American, even though he's never scored a point unless it was a dunk.

Horrible call about shot clock, but they totally agree for the slap to the face no call flagrant one!

Wisky player didn't establish himself in bounds when he grabbed the loose ball and scored. Didn't they get beat by 7?

if they weren't so arrogant 99% of the time I wouldn't enjoy their misery so much.

latrops

Quote from: rude1 on April 05, 2015, 03:07:36 pm
I hate that the officials missed a clear shot clock violation in favor of Wi. because it leaves the excuse makers room to just forget about how other than that call Wi. totally outplayed Ky down the stretch of that game.

Nobody except Kentucky fans are going to accept that excuse.  It was a very competitive, close game.  I'm glad Kentucky finally didn't get all the breaks.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Mao Tse-tusk on April 05, 2015, 03:26:34 pm
I've been over there a lot today and it has been fabulous! Here's a few topics

Refs screwed us

Harrison's racial slur during post game presser not his fault. He just was emotional. Wish ESPN would drop it.

Duke fans cheering for wisky made them mad!

WCS still an all American, even though he's never scored a point unless it was a dunk.

Horrible call about shot clock, but they totally agree for the slap to the face no call flagrant one!

Wisky player didn't establish himself in bounds when he grabbed the loose ball and scored. Didn't they get beat by 7?

if they weren't so arrogant 99% of the time I wouldn't enjoy their misery so much.

On the racial slur, it should not be dropped. If ever we get the black/white issue right in this country, rule and laws have to apply both ways, that's the only way it will ever feel equal to any of us. if not discrimination will never end.
go hogs go !

dsgreen

WilsonHog

My favorite post:

"I had an unfortunate mule incident that resulted in me losing my front and bottom two teeth. The Duke and Wisconsin fans were horrible to me. God forbid someone from Kentucky is missing a tooth. I will never return to another game outside of Rupp."

Hollywood_HOGan45

They are downright pathetic over there.

Hogz87

Love their thread complaining about the missed shot clock violation.

Quote from: RhaviccWell there was actually 4 free points in a tight game. Koenig came from out of bounds and didn't reestablish himself inbounds before catching the ball and hitting a 2 point jumper. I also would like to see where that foul on Aaron Harrison came from at the rim, when he went to block a shot. He didn't touch the player's hand or the ball, the player just went up too hard with it. There was 2 free throws as well (both went in).
https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=211933245&mid=211933245&sid=888&style=2

What about the potential two points taken away after the refs reviewed an obvious, blatant smack across the face by Lyles, and decided there was nothing "flagrant" about it and left it at a no-call?  And what about the BS charge on Wisconsin's ensuing possession?  And what about the three points taken away on a pretty questionable charge call?  And how about the and-one/three point play for Kentucky on a block call that, to me, looked like a pretty charge (Kaminsky was there and set in plenty of time). 

Point being, after the ridiculousness of not calling anything on Lyles for his blatant slap across the face of a Wisconsin player, the rest of the game was pretty much a series of makeup calls and no-calls.  Both teams got shafted down the stretch.

Hogz87

Oh, and how about this gem of a thread (granted it only has a few replies):

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=211939310&mid=211939310&sid=888&style=2

The OP apparently thinks the NCAA is out to get them.  I still do question how they got their path the Final Four whereas Duke got a cakewalk.  Seems a little strange to me for a few reasons: Kentucky was the undisputed overall #1 seed and 2.) Duke didn't win the ACC regular season or ACC tournament championship, and one could argue they might should've been a 2-seed.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 05, 2015, 06:03:37 pm

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=211939310&mid=211939310&sid=888&style=2

The OP apparently thinks the NCAA is out to get them.  I still do question how they got their path the Final Four whereas Duke got a cakewalk.  Seems a little strange to me for a few reasons: Kentucky was the undisputed overall #1 seed and 2.) Duke didn't win the ACC regular season or ACC tournament championship, and one could argue they might should've been a 2-seed.

Duke absolutely should've been a 2 seed.  They were a 1 because...well...their Duke
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogz87

Some Kentucky fans really are as delusional as we imagine.  This is, obviously, in response to someone saying the refs missed the should've been flagrant on Lyles:

Quote from: preacherfanThree refs reviewed it and determined it was not a flagrant.   I don't get why some of you can't understand that was the right call even if you don't like it.
https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=211933245&mid=211933245&sid=888&style=2

Just because the refs didn't call it a flagrant doesn't meant it wasn't one.  When a player intentionally smacks an opposing player across the face, it's not a "play on." 

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 05, 2015, 06:03:37 pm

Well I'm pretty sure no matter how the tourney was seeded Kentucky wouldve had to play Wisconsin. We saw last night how that went for them. Quit crying you got beat by a better team.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: hawg IQ on April 05, 2015, 04:07:22 pm
On the racial slur, it should not be dropped. If ever we get the black/white issue right in this country, rule and laws have to apply both ways, that's the only way it will ever feel equal to any of us. if not discrimination will never end.

Yea imagine if kamisky had said the exact same thing about Harrison. Sharptin and the naacp would  be on the first flight to Indy!