Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis just posting on Twitter about

Started by k.c.hawg, April 01, 2015, 01:23:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2015, 05:39:44 pm
By your definition (which is ignorant), any Hog fan who admits they want Bobby to stay is being selfish.

Then, per your definition, I'm selfish....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2015, 05:39:44 pm
By your definition (which is ignorant), any Hog fan who admits they want Bobby to stay is being selfish.

Stating I said "any" Hog fan is ignorant.  I did not.  For those adult Hog fans who are hoping he stays while disregarding even if not in his best interest it is selfish.  Hopefully those advising him are not. 

And "any" Hog fan would include kids.  Certainly not going to include them in this.  Ignorant to suggest so. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:31:31 pm
And I find it sad, pathetic, childish, selfish, etc that adults are putting such a priority on wanting Bobby to return even if not in his best interest(it may be)just so the team may win more games next season and they will be happier.  Frank Bobby, right? 

Aren't fans always like that?  If you are a fan of a pro team don't you want the player to stay and play for your team instead of taking the big money and playing for another team?  We are just wired that way.

I want Bobby to be a HUGE success where ever he goes...and if I thought him coming back for another year would end any chance of him being a success in the future I would want him to leave and I would help him pack.

That isn't what we are talking about though is it?  Another year here just might be what is best for him.  Might help him.  If it is in his best interest to move on then God bless him, but I'm still going to be sad...as pathetic as you might think that is.
Retired Radio Host

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 01, 2015, 05:44:23 pm
Aren't fans always like that?  If you are a fan of a pro team don't you want the player to stay and play for your team instead of taking the big money and playing for another team?  We are just wired that way.

I want Bobby to be a HUGE success where ever he goes...and if I thought he coming back for another year would end any chance of him being a success in the future I would want him to leave and I would help him pack.

That isn't what we are talking about though is it?  Another year here just might be what is best for him.  Might help him.  If it is in his best interest to move on then God bless him, but I'm still going to be sad...as pathetic as you might think that is.

They are professional adults. 

So you don't believe it would necessarily be bad for him to leave.  Thanks for clarifying. 

It may be best he returns. 

Be sad for not being able to watch him play for the Hogs again.  We should all be.  That isn't pathetic. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swinesong1

My buddy.  Doing what he does best.  Nice reading this tho.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:17:05 pm
My buddy.  Doing what he does best.  Nice reading this tho.
It's racist to think about what may be in Bobby's best interest! :)

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 06:24:29 pm
It's racist to think about what may be in Bobby's best interest! :)
Keep fighting the fight.  You'll eventually get a following. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:26:49 pm
Keep fighting the fight.  You'll eventually get a following.

What fight Rev Al? 

Swinesong1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:30:44 pm
Your crusade of ignorance and absurdity.

Against ignorance and absurdity ie adults putting their desires over a kid trying to make a life changing decision and making childish suggestions on how to influence his decision. So football and racially biased.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 06:36:03 pm
Against ignorance and absurdity ie adults putting their desires over a kid trying to make a life changing decision and making childish suggestions on how to influence his decision. So football and racially biased.
Since you're so pro-adult behavior all of a sudden...how do you classify being on a message board following a game played by kids?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:38:17 pm
Since you're so pro-adult behavior all of a sudden...how do you classify being on a message board following a game played by kids?

I'm usually pro adult behavior. Fandom. Interest. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 06:40:19 pm
I'm usually pro adult behavior. Fandom. Interest.
Answer the question please.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:41:09 pm
Answer the question please.

What do you think fandom or interest are?  I would assume most are fans or have an interest at least.

intelligence

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 06:38:17 pm

By your logic, any college sports fan is childish

HogsonHicks

This is a Razorbacks message board, thus the hopes Portis stays. I share that hope and desire, and I'm focused on the Hogs best interests over an individual player's. 

Using the "selfish" label is dumb.

Swinesong1

Quote from: intelligence on April 01, 2015, 07:01:20 pm
By your logic, any college sports fan is childish
With a moniker like "intelligence", I would think you could figure out it was a trick question for my buddy.  He did.  Thus the reason he won't answer.

rude1

Two things jump out at me, one that tweet doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Two, nobody here has any influence on whether he goes or stays yet it's debated to no end with posters going at each other as though BP is monitoring this board to get the information needed to make his decision.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 06:59:42 pm
What do you think fandom or interest are?  I would assume most are fans or have an interest at least.
So an adult shouldn't want his team's best player (a kid) to stay?  But an adult can be on a message board daily keeping up with said kid?  Makes sense.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 07:07:52 pm
So an adult shouldn't want his team's best player (a kid) to stay?  But an adult can be on a message board daily keeping up with said kid?  Makes sense.

Depends. Do they give a darn if it isn't in the kid's best interest to stay?

Yes. Adults are fans or have an interest.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 07:13:00 pm
Depends. Do they give a darn if it isn't in the kid's best interest to stay?

Yes. Adults are fans or have an interest.
I highly doubt what I think is his best interest will factor into his decision.  I'm selfish like that tho.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 07:15:09 pm
I highly doubt what I think is his best interest will factor into his decision.  I'm selfish like that tho.

We agree.

rhames

It isn't selfish of me to want bobby to stay. I don't know him. I think he should do what he wants. I won't hold it against him if he leaves but I want him to stay.

It would be selfish if I knew him and he valued my opinion and I guided him to a decision that would benefit me form a financial or situational way.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 06:36:03 pm

My God man it's a razorback message board, chill out. Every Razorback fan but you apparently wants him to stay so we are all selfish. Guess what, if he leaves then we go back to the NIT. If he comes back then it's final four.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:31:31 pm
And I find it sad, pathetic, childish, selfish, etc that adults are putting such a priority on wanting Bobby to return even if not in his best interest(it may be)just so the team may win more games next season and they will be happier.  Frank Bobby, right? 

So you won't be happy if BP stays and we win more games.....

Sounds about right.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 01, 2015, 08:21:49 pm
My God man it's a razorback message board, chill out. Every Razorback fan but you apparently wants him to stay so we are all selfish. Guess what, if he leaves then we go back to the NIT. If he comes back then it's final four.

If you are directing "chill out" to me, do so to Wilson and Swine as my tone and rhetoric matched theirs.

I have not said I wanted him to go or stay.  You need to read more posts before you infer as to others wants. 

Guess what, we don't know what the end success will be next season if he returns or not.  We will still have some capable players some of whom are better fits for what Mike wants to do than we have had even if Bobby were to go.  Apparently, I have more faith in him and the returning players. 

k.c.hawg

Why the hell is this thread not banished to hell. Some of you people are beyond comprehension!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 01, 2015, 08:42:13 pm
So you won't be happy if BP stays and we win more games.....

Sounds about right.

Of course I would be happy.   Winning more games would make everyone happier. 

You keep trying to spin.  I'm sure my stalker will be by soon. 

BDSCT51

Would love for him to stay, I am after all, a bleeding Razorback red fan. I will applaud and respect his decision no matter which side of my fandom it falls on. I shudder to think if it at that age I had the opportunity and decision to make such as this, I could be clear headed and decisive. Lots of pressure on a young man.
Bleeding Razorback Red

HSVhogfan2

There is not one good reason for Portis to come back other than to enjoy another year of college and try to get AR to a Final Four.

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hog Fan from Camden

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 08:42:46 pm
If you are directing "chill out" to me, do so to Wilson and Swine as my tone and rhetoric matched theirs.

I have not said I wanted him to go or stay.  You need to read more posts before you infer as to others wants. 

Guess what, we don't know what the end success will be next season if he returns or not.  We will still have some capable players some of whom are better fits for what Mike wants to do than we have had even if Bobby were to go.  Apparently, I have more faith in him and the returning players.
Hey my friend!  I just would like to point out that you started your "selfish", "childish" and pro-adult rant more than an hour before I even commented.  Keep trying to rally the troops tho.  I'm REALLY starting to believe you are Hawgadvocate.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 08:53:29 pm
Hey my friend!  I just would like to point out that you started your "selfish", "childish" and pro-adult rant more than an hour before I even commented.  Keep trying to rally the troops tho.  I'm REALLY starting to believe you are Hawgadvocate.

No troops.  Do you want me go to MMQB and rally some of those football lovin' racists? 

Go ahead and believe.  I believe a lot of things about you too. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 08:56:42 pm
No troops.  Do you want me go to MMQB and rally some of those football lovin' racists? 

Go ahead and believe.  I believe a lot of things about you too.
So how could you possibly be matching my tone and rhetoric when you started more than an hour before my first comment?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 01, 2015, 08:59:25 pm
So how could you possibly be matching my tone and rhetoric when you started more than an hour before my first comment?

My post which Piggie quoted in order to tell me to chill out was a reply to you. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 09:01:45 pm
My post which Piggie quoted in order to tell me to chill out was a reply to you.
Your point is flawed if it isn't the truth tho.