Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis just posting on Twitter about

Started by k.c.hawg, April 01, 2015, 01:23:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

April 01, 2015, 01:23:00 pm Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:40:53 pm by k.c.hawg
decision making time, decision making process.

Bobby BP Portis ‏@BPortistime  21m21 minutes ago
Decision making= Working at your own pace. Becoming your own boss. What's in your best interest. What makes you happy.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

AloRaptor

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

jry04

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 01, 2015, 02:15:44 pm
Man, that sounds bad to me.
How could anything in that tweet be deciphered as good or bad regarding the Hogs?

40MINSOFHELL

TexArkHogFan

If you go by the theory that money can't buy happiness, the "what makes you happy" could be good news for the Hogs since it is well documented that he loves the UofA and the college life.  Doing what you love brings happiness.  Money brings security but not happiness.  If he stays he will be a rock star and the face of Arkansas basketball, if he goes he will be just another face in the NBA.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

AugustaHog

The only thing I take from that tweet is that he's getting a lot of input from all over and most of it is probably not welcomed.  This is a decision he and his family have to make.  Whatever he decides, I hope it works out great for him.  I'd love another year of BP and MQ, but if that's not what is best for their futures then I hope they go.

-Blu

The tweet is really vague, you could take it either way, basically he's just letting people know he's making a big decision and it's going to be his decision and he's not going to be influenced.

k.c.hawg

Once again it sounds like Bobby has his feet on the ground, realizes this is not a decision to be made hastily and is going through a process. He continues to represent the Razorback Basketball program in the most positive manner.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 01, 2015, 02:32:28 pm
That tweet was April fools!
Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 01, 2015, 02:15:44 pm
Man, that sounds bad to me.

If it is an actual tweet, you seem to be coming at this from a selfish angle UU.  Unless you believe Bobby would be making a "bad" mistake by entering the NBA Draft. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TNhawgfan

I knew when I read the tweet a few hours ago hogville would be deciphering it. People on here think they are the Sherlock Holmes of Twitter. Let him make his decision
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jry04

Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 01, 2015, 02:49:42 pm
I knew when I read the tweet a few hours ago hogville would be deciphering it. People on here think they are the Sherlock Holmes of Twitter. Let him make his decision
I thought the same thing.

McKdaddy

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 01, 2015, 02:44:36 pm
Once again it sounds like Bobby has his feet on the ground, realizes this is not a decision to be made hastily and is going through a process. He continues to represent the Razorback Basketball program in the most positive manner.

Agreed.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

intelligence

This! I'm so sick of hearing people say stuff like "If he stays, he'll be loved in the state of Arkansas". We already love him here though. Fans need to stop being so childish and trying to cow Bobby into staying. its pathetic

Porked Tongue

If you dissect carefully, you will see he's craving a pepperoni and onion pizza while picking UK to win it all.

MB Hog

Quote from: intelligence on April 01, 2015, 03:07:50 pm
This! I'm so sick of hearing people say stuff like "If he stays, he'll be loved in the state of Arkansas". We already love him here though. Fans need to stop being so childish and trying to cow Bobby into staying. its pathetic
Other fans need to stop saying it is a no-brainer for him to leave.  There is a lot more to it than whether he can start cashing a paycheck this year or next.  But I like his tweet... acknowledges that it is HIS decision to make. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MB Hog on April 01, 2015, 03:14:31 pm
Other fans need to stop saying it is a no-brainer for him to leave.  There is a lot more to it than whether he can start cashing a paycheck this year or next.  But I like his tweet... acknowledges that it is HIS decision to make.

Who has said it is a no brainer?  A few have made their reasons why it would make sense from a basketball perspective or NBA contract rules perspective and they have been debated about both.  You act as if fans are trying to work against the program and Bobby by making arguments telling him to leave. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

MB Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 03:16:55 pm
Who has said it is a no brainer?  A few have made their reasons why it would make sense from a basketball perspective or NBA contract rules perspective and they have been debated about both.  You act as if fans are trying to work against the program and Bobby by making arguments telling him to leave. 
I wasn't directing that comment right at you other than the fact you got on to people for trying to get him to stay.  I've seen numerous posters say it was a no-brainer... that he has reached his ceiling... there is no reason for him to stay... blah, blah, blah.  I asked a question to those people in another thread why, as Hog fans, are they trying so hard to convince everyone his best decision is to leave?  Why would they want to encourage him to leave at all?

I will be a fan of his whether he stays or goes, but the people who are trying to push him out the door are very short-sighted.  All they can think about is that he can start getting paid.  While I'm sure he is looking forward to a big payday, he might also want to win the SEC, compete for a national championship, enjoy being a college student, etc.

I'm just glad it is Bobby's decision to make.

CabotHog87

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MB Hog on April 01, 2015, 03:27:28 pm
I wasn't directing that comment right at you other than the fact you got on to people for trying to get him to stay.  I've seen numerous posters say it was a no-brainer... that he has reached his ceiling... there is no reason for him to stay... blah, blah, blah.  I asked a question to those people in another thread why, as Hog fans, are they trying so hard to convince everyone his best decision is to leave?  Why would they want to encourage him to leave at all?

I will be a fan of his whether he stays or goes, but the people who are trying to push him out the door are very short-sighted.  All they can think about is that he can start getting paid.  While I'm sure he is looking forward to a big payday, he might also want to win the SEC, compete for a national championship, enjoy being a college student, etc.

I'm just glad it is Bobby's decision to make.

I'm not getting on to people for trying to get him to stay.  It is selfish to have a strong opinion to the point you believe one decision is bad either way.

I don't see anyone trying to push him out.  What they see is the financial opportunity, the ability to change his loved ones lives immediately, NBA contract structural, basketball reasons for him to go to the NBA and begin working with professional coaches preparing for the professional game, risks involved in returning, etc.  He may want to stay in college for various reasons.  If they are his reasons, can't really say any of them are bad.  It may end up being better from a basketball perspective and his career to stay.  No way of knowing what the right decision is or if there is a wrong one without hindsight. 

BrooklynRoss

I'll have you know that I am, most certainly, the Sherlock Holmes of Twitter. Furthermore, I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that I have not a single iota of interest in this Bobby Portis character you mention in your missive.

Now, I must bid you adeu as I must go about my business solving the case of the mysterious and (no doubt) nefarious Red-Headed League. Good day, sir.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

MB Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 03:41:10 pm
I'm not getting on to people for trying to get him to stay.  It is selfish to have a strong opinion to the point you believe one decision is bad either way.

I don't see anyone trying to push him out.  What they see is the financial opportunity, the ability to change his loved ones lives immediately, NBA contract structural, basketball reasons for him to go to the NBA and begin working with professional coaches preparing for the professional game, risks involved in returning, etc.  He may want to stay in college for various reasons.  If they are his reasons, can't really say any of them are bad.  It may end up being better from a basketball perspective and his career to stay.  No way of knowing what the right decision is or if there is a wrong one without hindsight. 
Agreed on all points except the one that no one is trying to push him out.

I don't think they really WANT him to leave.  But those who are saying there is no reason he should come back (no-brainer) are sitting too far on that side of the fence to be completely unbiased in that opinion.  I figure they are either preparing themselves to not be upset if he leaves OR they've predicted he will leave and they just want to be right.

I will completely understand if he decides to go pro, but in the meantime I'll be cheering "ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE YEAR!!"

hawgwash

What I concluded from that Twitter message is that BP is the most well spoken Twitterer I've ever read in the world of college sports.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MB Hog on April 01, 2015, 03:51:39 pm
Agreed on all points except the one that no one is trying to push him out.

I don't think they really WANT him to leave.  But those who are saying there is no reason he should come back (no-brainer) are sitting too far on that side of the fence to be completely unbiased in that opinion.  I figure they are either preparing themselves to not be upset if he leaves OR they've predicted he will leave and they just want to be right.

I will completely understand if he decides to go pro, but in the meantime I'll be cheering "ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE YEAR!!"

Because it is what you want. 

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

DLUXHOG

I've consulted with the "Great Carsoni" and he says Portis is coming back to the University that he loves...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RazorPiggie

Porked Tongue

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 01, 2015, 04:31:33 pm
I've consulted with the "Great Carsoni" and he says Portis is coming back to the University that he loves...

Carnack

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on April 01, 2015, 04:39:14 pm
Its what all Hog fans want.

I want Bobby to do what he wants and to look back on this in hindsight that he made the "right" decision for him.  Hopefully those advising him including the coaching staff are doing the same. 

CabotHog87

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2015, 04:01:44 pm
Or the nba

Guaranteed money. Play your cards right, no one is your boss. And you're playing a game as a career. Just because a team is technically your boss it's not like working the day to day.

Porked Tongue

"Count Istvan Teleky exists"   Barney Fife

MB Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 03:59:38 pm
Because it is what you want. 
Not sure if you are still trying to make an argument here or not.  I think I've made it clear that I want him to come back.  Shouldn't we all hope he comes back?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 04:46:45 pm
I want Bobby to do what he wants and to look back on this in hindsight that he made the "right" decision for him.  Hopefully those advising him including the coaching staff are doing the same. 

If Portis and Qualls go pro then I can have more ammunition against the coach for not winning as many games......Eeeeeeeeeexcellent.

WilsonHog

I am a Razorback fan.

When players - football, basketball, or baseball - graduate or leave to go pro, I stop watching them play or keeping up with them (unless they happen to play for my favorite NFL or MLB team). I don't follow the NBA, which means chances are very good I will never see Bobby play again after he leaves UA. I hope he does well, but I'll have no interest in watching it.

I hope he stays. If he goes, he goes.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 01, 2015, 05:06:07 pm
If Portis and Qualls go pro then I can have more ammunition against the coach for not winning as many games......Eeeeeeeeeexcellent.

He should be evaluated on the team he has next season and how the team plays whether Portis or Qualls are on it or not. 

Always trying to push people to sides.  Since we are going there, it is obvious the childish homers want Bobby to stay.  They've even come up with suggestions on how Mike or even Jeff Long should do presentations or pitches to get him stay.  Frank what may be in his best interest or his personal desires.  Some of it has been humorous if it weren't so selfish especially when coming from adults. 

ricepig

I'd love to see him go to the Grizzly, only NBA team I watch.

MB Hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:14:14 pm
He should be evaluated on the team he has next season and how the team plays whether Portis or Qualls are on it or not. 

Always trying to push people to sides.  Since we are going there, it is obvious the childish homers want Bobby to stay.  They've even come up with suggestions on how Mike or even Jeff Long should do presentations or pitches to get him stay.  Frank what may be in his best interest or his personal desires.  Some of it has been humorous if it weren't so selfish especially when coming from adults. 

Gotta smite you for that one, dude.  Nothing childish about wanting Bobby to stay.  Just being a fan.  It would be childish if I got mad at him if he decides to leave.

Feel free to smite me back.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MB Hog on April 01, 2015, 05:18:12 pm
Gotta smite you for that one, dude.  Nothing childish about wanting Bobby to stay.  Just being a fan.  It would be childish if I got mad at him if he decides to leave.

Feel free to smite me back.
There is when you suggest Jeff Long should come up with a plan to hang a banner for Bobby in an effort to try and get him to stay.  That discussion actually happened here. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:14:14 pm

Of course it's selfish. You expect it not to be?

Newsflash: if I wasn't selfish, why would I think a great player should ever come to UA to begin with?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2015, 05:21:53 pm
Of course it's selfish. You expect it not to be?

Newsflash: if I wasn't selfish, why would I think a great player should ever come to UA to begin with?

From adults, yes. 

How is your newsflash relevant?  Are you suggesting other programs present better options for great players but you selfishly want them to come to the UA? 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:25:01 pm
From adults, yes. 

How is your newsflash relevant?  Are you suggesting other programs present better options for great players but you selfishly want them to come to the UA?

Yes, I am.

phadedhawg

Don't waste time deciphering tweets on April Fools Day lol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2015, 05:27:44 pm
Yes, I am.

And I find it sad, pathetic, childish, selfish, etc that adults are putting such a priority on wanting Bobby to return even if not in his best interest(it may be)just so the team may win more games next season and they will be happier.  Frank Bobby, right? 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:31:31 pm
And I find it sad, pathetic, childish, selfish, etc that adults are putting such a priority on wanting Bobby to return even if not in his best interest(it may be)just so the team may win more games next season and they will be happier.  Frank Bobby, right?

If he stays, I assume it's because he believes it's in his best interest, for whatever reason.

If he goes, good luck. Thanks for the memories.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2015, 05:33:58 pm
If he stays, I assume it's because he believes it's in his best interest, for whatever reason.

If he goes, good luck. Thanks for the memories.

That is suggesting you aren't being selfish. 

Ugly Uncle

I am selfish.  I thought the part of him being his own boss making his decision...It made me nervous.  Didn't mean to set off a fire storm.
Retired Radio Host

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 01, 2015, 05:36:01 pm
That is suggesting you aren't being selfish.

By your definition (which is ignorant), any Hog fan who admits they want Bobby to stay is being selfish.

sadhogfan

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on April 01, 2015, 03:46:19 pm
Now, I must bid you adeu as I must go about my business solving the case of the mysterious and (no doubt) nefarious Red-Headed League. Good day, sir.

Let me help out: it's all a scam. They're just trying to get Jabez Wilson out of the basement of his shop so they can tunnel into the bank vault.