Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita

Started by GrizzlyRider07, February 12, 2015, 06:10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Nasty 34

Love that he can contribute from day one due to his body alone. I think he has a really nice future!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: intelligence on February 12, 2015, 06:35:59 pm
If Qualls and Portis suddenly decided to return... We dangerous
I think Qualls stays

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 12, 2015, 07:04:46 pm
Don't see it happening, but if MA could talk Portis into staying AR would have an Elite eight/Final Four team. I thought earlier Qualls would test the NBA with a good seaso n (which he is having), now I'm leaning toward him staying.
100 percent agree .. If Portis comes back were top 5 in nation

The_Iceman

Keep in mind Daryl Macon is a likely 2016 JUCO recruit.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2015, 07:20:00 pm

2016 could a loaded class

razorhog52

I asked this in the recruiting forum, but what about his health? Those in the know, any reason to be concerned?

Razorback4

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: razorhog52 on February 12, 2015, 07:29:04 pm
I asked this in the recruiting forum, but what about his health? Those in the know, any reason to be concerned?

I have see a rumor that he had a knee injury. That is not true. He has had trouble with a pinched nerve.

I could be wrong but I don't think it is anything that will cause any future issues by the time he arrives

http://zagsblog.com/articles/ted-kapita-names-his-top-three-schools/

DamageIncorporated

chiefhawg

Miles will be better next year. His conditioning was hampered due to knee issue.

razorhog52

Hope it's not nerve damage or some lingering injury. His stock really blew up this summer.

Hawg Red

Phenomenal pickup from a rankings stand point. Two top 50 guys? Both out-of-state? Major props to the staff. It was being rumored that we may have backed away due to injury concerns, so hopefully this means the staff feels good.

We needed a forward and a guard, and we got that. Nevermind that we got two really talented players with a lot of potential. Man, this feels good. I guess I just wasn't expecting him to become a Hog due to everything I was hearing and reading, and past letdowns, so this is kind of shocking. Again, props to the staff. They are making me a believer in their ability to recruit. Only thing better than this would be if there was some kind of way to get KeVaughn Allen. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope there until the ink is dry on his signature to another school.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2015, 07:20:00 pm

We're due to lose 5 in 2016 (Qualls, Bell, Williams, Durham and Miles). Macon has made no bones about wanting to be a Hog. Great replacement for Bell, IMO. Obviously, Monk is the crown jewel, and boy, would he ever go nice with Whitt, Kapita, Kingsley, and Beard.

Ideal class would be:

Monk
Macon
De'Ron Davis
Mitchell Smith
Just gravy after that.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 12, 2015, 07:50:32 pm
We're due to lose 5 in 2016 (Qualls, Bell, Williams, Durham and Miles). Macon has made no bones about wanting to be a Hog. Great replacement for Bell, IMO. Obviously, Monk is the crown jewel, and boy, would he ever go nice with Whitt, Kapita, Kingsley, and Beard.

Ideal class would be:

Monk
Macon
De'Ron Davis
Mitchell Smith
Just gravy after that.
Don't forget about Babb.

Hawg Red

chubrick

Seems clear that Mike knows Portis is likely gone. 

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

And the white dude shooter who is redshirting

apcapri

Quote from: chubrick on February 12, 2015, 07:57:02 pm

Why do you say that? We have a guard and a forward leaving for sure and have a guard and  now a forward committed.

chubrick

Quote from: apcapri on February 12, 2015, 08:03:17 pm
Why do you say that? We have a guard and a forward leaving for sure and have a guard and  now a forward committed.
True.

Danny J

What a great get. A true back to the basket post player that already has those skills. Much needed. If we can somehow get Portis to come back we will be pretty damn good next year....I mean really good.

Atlhogfan1

We need forwards.  This is very good whether Portis stays or not(which I doubt). 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Which family member is Kapita related to?

Obviously Mike cannot recruit unless the player is a friend of the family.

GO HOGS AND GO MIKE!

PORKULATOR

Woo Pig
Been waiting/hoping for this.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

chiefhawg

Ted attends Huntington Prep. The same school as Moses. That's it. But wait the former coach is at Missouri so Ted must have mistaken Arkansas for Missouri.

forrest city joe

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 12, 2015, 08:14:36 pm
Ted attends Huntington Prep. The same school as Moses. That's it. But wait the former coach is at Missouri so Ted must have mistaken Arkansas for Missouri.
The people ranting about how Mike can't recruit were wrong. and i knew they were wrong all along. Mike can recruit, and is a hell of a coach. getting Ted and Whitt in the same recruiting class is Big. great job by Mike and his staff. GO HOGS.

chiti66

Guys, this is a major, major pick-up!!!!  I can see us adding Fisher, Monk, and Smith next year along with Frazier.  I am still holding out hope that CMA can convince Allen to come to the Hill!!!!  We are going to be nasty in the coming years!!!!!  A seriously great time to be a HOG!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

When we get a 3rd commit that will be a clear sign that Portis is leaving

imtad16

WPS

He is going to be tough in MA's system.

This article references a hip injury. Does anyone know anything about it?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12318288/ted-kapita-commits-arkansas-razorbacks

JonClaudeVanHam

Man, what fantastic news.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: imtad16 on February 12, 2015, 08:26:11 pm

WPS

He is going to be tough in MA's system.

This article references a hip injury. Does anyone know anything about it?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12318288/ted-kapita-commits-arkansas-razorbacks

Just that it's a pinched nerve

forrest city joe

Quote from: chiti66 on February 12, 2015, 08:22:21 pm
Guys, this is a major, major pick-up!!!!  I can see us adding Fisher, Monk, and Smith next year along with Frazier.  I am still holding out hope that CMA can convince Allen to come to the Hill!!!!  We are going to be nasty in the coming years!!!!!  A seriously great time to be a HOG!!!
If Allen De-commits from Florida. Mike will recruit him again from what i am hearing. but like KJ Hill, i am hearing that he and his handlers don't think Arkansas is good enough for them. so be it.a lot of the athletes at NLR HS seem to have their nose in the air when it comes to playing for the university of Arkansas. we don't need those kind of people in our program. K. Allen could have been a Razorback if he wanted to be one.

The Boar War

HogWild94

Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

z1on

ArmyOfnobunaga

As a consummate critic about everything in life... this is big big big bigger than I think the average person realizes.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

-Blu

YEA BUDDY!  WPS!  :razorback:

Thepigdoctor

I feel rather justified for my comments that we would still make this a great class and there was nothing to worry about. We just upgraded both Madden and Harris.

If CMA can get the dynamic duo to return, plus adding the three point shooter in Hannah's, we could easily be an elite 8 team, maybe better.

BentonvilleJeff

:razorback: sweet pick up

-Blu

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on February 12, 2015, 09:19:54 pm
I feel rather justified for my comments that we would still make this a great class and there was nothing to worry about. We just upgraded both Madden and Harris.

If CMA can get the dynamic duo to return, plus adding the three point shooter in Hannah's, we could easily be an elite 8 team, maybe better.

Hopefully signing these 2 can convince Portis to stay one more year.  I know that NBA money looks good.  But having a chance to win a national championship for your home state especially in a state like Arkansas with no pro teams is priceless.  And with the team that's coming back next year with Portis, we'd have a legit shot.

rude1

Good news!!! CMA is now showing with the improved product to sale that he can use it to recruit. Despite criticism he is scratching and clawing this program he loves from the grave back to its place amongst college basketball best.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 12, 2015, 07:58:51 pm
And the white dude shooter who is redshirting

Oh, snap, I completely forgot about that guy. Dusty Hannahs, right? Supposedly a sharpshooter who can seriously wreak havoc with a zone defense.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on February 12, 2015, 09:46:14 pm
Good news!!! CMA is now showing with the improved product to sale that he can use it to recruit. Despite criticism he is scratching and clawing this program he loves from the grave back to its place amongst college basketball best.
Yep. and don't be shocked if we add another outstanding player in this class. and people forget that the new basketball practice facility. that is going to be Big for recruiting.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 10:08:41 pm
Yep. and don't be shocked if we add another outstanding player in this class. and people forget that the new basketball practice facility. that is going to be Big for recruiting.

Thats sort of ridiculous. sorry...

guys that can win you championships don't care about practice facilities... lol.

Guys that win you championships are the ones convinced that a school can make them a pro faster and better are the winners.

The meat and salt of a team select a school about tradition and 'practice facilities'.
Look I'm sure about a million of you will be pissed because I stated the truth... I don't really care. Its the truth.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Danny J

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 12, 2015, 10:14:22 pm
Thats sort of ridiculous. sorry...

guys that can win you championships don't care about practice facilities... lol.

Guys that win you championships are the ones convinced that a school can make them a pro faster and better are the winners.

The meat and salt of a team select a school about tradition and 'practice facilities'.
Look I'm sure about a million of you will be pissed because I stated the truth... I don't really care. Its the truth.
Disagree....having a practice facility, especially like the one we are building, is a huge selling point and both Mickey and Jones stated that it was part of the reason they didn't choose Arkansas.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Danny J on February 12, 2015, 10:19:32 pm
Disagree....having a practice facility, especially like the one we are building, is a huge selling point and both Mickey and Jones stated that it was part of the reason they didn't choose Arkansas.

I mean man... I want to agree... but college basketball is really such a business decision now a days... I don't think you guys are correct. A kid picks a school that better positions him to money. AAU destroyed all of our (me too ) old conceptions of what picking a college is all about.

Danny J

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 12, 2015, 10:21:29 pm
I mean man... I want to agree... but college basketball is really such a business decision now a days... I don't think you guys are correct. A kid picks a school that better positions him to money. AAU destroyed all of our (me too ) old conceptions of what picking a college is all about.
I agree but remember these kids want to know that a school is all in on them. They want to be able to stay all night and practice all to themselves, be able to go study film when they want, watch movies, work out, etc...they can't do that right now. It makes a HUGE difference I assure you. If you don't believe me call into the sports shows and ask the recruiting guys or try and lure RD over here and he will tell you the same. It really is a big big deal.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: Danny J on February 12, 2015, 10:34:53 pm
I agree but remember these kids want to know that a school is all in on them. They want to be able to stay all night and practice all to themselves, be able to go study film when they want, watch movies, work out, etc...they can't do that right now. It makes a HUGE difference I assure you. If you don't believe me call into the sports shows and ask the recruiting guys or try and lure RD over here and he will tell you the same. It really is a big big deal.

fair point man

rzrbackramsfan

Wow this is awesome!!! I'm surprised we got him honestly.  Is this great Hawg Advocate???

jcpack

February 12, 2015, 10:46:02 pm #99 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:51:35 am by jcpack
 :razorback:
Big get! WPS!!!