Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita

Started by GrizzlyRider07, February 12, 2015, 06:10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on February 13, 2015, 02:53:31 pm
quote:
"Players emerge in July, but will any prospect in the 2015 class emerge to the heights that Ted Kapita will rise?

With a build and look eerily similar to top 10 prospect Ivan Rabb, Kapita made an enormous impression at the Lebron James Skills Academy.

The 6-8.5, 210-pound power forward form Florida who is headed to Huntington (W.V.) Prep, is now a five-star prospect according to 247Sports."

That was before he had his injury from a 247 Article. :razorback:

Cresthog

By his offer list, you'd def consider him a 4 star or close.

The_Iceman

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on February 13, 2015, 02:53:31 pm
quote:
Players emerge in July, but will any prospect in the 2015 class emerge to the heights that Ted Kapita will rise?

With a build and look eerily similar to top 10 prospect Ivan Rabb, Kapita made an enormous impression at the Lebron James Skills Academy.

The 6-8.5, 210-pound power forward form Florida who is headed to Huntington (W.V.) Prep, is now a five-star prospect according to 247Sports.

That was before he had his injury from 247. :razorback:

That's awesome!

mhuff

What is his physical status now? Thanks

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Why did Kevaugn Allen choose UF?

Sorry if there's discussion on this I didn't see.

And not trying to take away from Kapita - that's big time.

TomBigBeeHog

Kapita fills a real need for us. Really love this pickup.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

latrops

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on February 13, 2015, 04:32:28 pm

They must have an awesome practice facility.

ricepig

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 13, 2015, 06:06:27 pm
Kapita fills a real need for us. Really love this pickup.

Yep, and really big pickup. Hopefully, his grades and injury are good to go.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: latrops on February 13, 2015, 06:56:48 pm
They must have an awesome practice facility.

They built one of the first many years ago.  Nolan was still our coach at that time. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2015, 06:58:37 pm
Yep, and really big pickup. Hopefully, his grades and injury are good to go.

So how long does it take to fully recover from an injury like his?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

FaytownHog

This is the first recruit that I've seen in a LONG time where I think we got us a "man", as in "you gotta go and get you some men" before nolan had his dynamic years. As good as Portis is, even he still strikes me as thin and we always seem to have the smallest guys compared to the perennial top 10 teams. This guy looks the part!! Sign 4 more like him please!! lol

jchill

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 06:44:51 pm
Yep. i think we would be a top 10 to 15 team if that happens.

Naww man!!! We will be an instant national title contender. That possibly could tempt Portis to stay, but the likelihood is slim. Nice to dream though!

BadHog

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on February 13, 2015, 04:32:28 pm

Word on the street is that KA ends up at another SEC school - not FL and not AR. Hope I hear wrong!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Danny J

Quote from: BadHog on February 13, 2015, 09:44:26 pm
Word on the street is that KA ends up at another SEC school - not FL and not AR. Hope I hear wrong!
I heard he would like to play point and assume he would want to start from day one. I don't think he would get to do those things here or at UF. I could see him doing that at Tenn or Auburn.

rude1

I don't care where he goes, he was never interested in playing here, wherever he ends up I just hope he fails.

hawgmasta

It's crazy to think next year we could have a junior 5 star C/5 (Kingsley) and a basically 5 star freshman C/5.

ricepig

Quote from: Danny J on February 13, 2015, 09:52:21 pm
I heard he would like to play point and assume he would want to start from day one. I don't think he would get to do those things here or at UF. I could see him doing that at Tenn or Auburn.
He's not a PG, good luck with that.

The_Iceman

I'm hearing a&m made his handlers a huge cash offer. I was told months ago they are becoming the biggest cheaters recruiting in Basketball, and the story with them and KA matches that.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2015, 07:13:45 am
I'm hearing a&m made his handlers a huge cash offer. I was told months ago they are becoming the biggest cheaters recruiting in Basketball, and the story with them and KA matches that.

What is the NCAA hotline number for reporting recruiting violations? I seem to have misplaced it.

TomBigBeeHog

Kapita? Capital!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2015, 07:13:45 am
Yeah...no way they should be getting the players they are getting. They have not now or ever have been good in basketball. Makes no sense. Watching their game the other night at home against UGA and the gym was maybe half filled after they had won 5 or 6 straight and on the verge of being top 25. Something fishy is going on in college station.

farmhawg

Another great recruit for MA!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Corkscrew Johnson

Hogsfan1981

DamageIncorporated

Quote{This is the first recruit that I've seen in a LONG time where I think we got us a "man", as in "you gotta go and get you some men" before nolan had his dynamic years. As good as Portis is, even he still strikes me as thin and we always seem to have the smallest guys compared to the perennial top 10 teams. This guy looks the part!! Sign 4 more like him please!! lol  }

My thoughts exactly....

AWHAWG

swinesation

I wasn't paying attention for a few days and missed this news. Awesome!!

RazorAg

Quote from: AWHAWG on February 14, 2015, 01:37:43 pm
who is #5 guard looks pretty good feeding him the rock

Ehab Amin, freshman at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. Averaging 5 ppg.

popcornhog

Quote from: Danny J on February 14, 2015, 09:11:17 am
Yeah...no way they should be getting the players they are getting. They have not now or ever have been good in basketball. Makes no sense. Watching their game the other night at home against UGA and the gym was maybe half filled after they had won 5 or 6 straight and on the verge of being top 25. Something fishy is going on in college station.

They were really good for a couple of years when they had that point guard -- was it Law? Like 5 years ago?
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Yea acie law.  I think they went to the sweet 16 this was probably 8-10 years ago.

TomBigBeeHog

Man, the shoulders on that guy. He has a nice frame for banging inside. This is going to be so nice!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: AWHAWG on February 14, 2015, 01:37:43 pm
who is #5 guard looks pretty good feeding him the rock

I can think of a different number 5 I would rather get him the ball.

Has Malik gotten taller?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QyDK0TrL7uE

daprospecta

Quote from: rude1 on February 13, 2015, 09:59:19 pm
I don't care where he goes, he was never interested in playing here, wherever he ends up I just hope he fails.
Rude1, I'm assuming you are a grown man.  With that being said, no grown A$$ man should ever hope a young man fails because he doesn't choose your school.  I won't root for him but I definitely don't want him to fail.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 18, 2012, 06:55:26 am
Mike Anderson and his staff are not great recruiters espcially recruiting forwards and centers.  They know their guards, but unless Mike has another relative or another friend close to the family, you will be lacking size.  In 5 years at Mizzou, the only athlethic 'big men' he ever brought in were Demarre Carroll (nephew) and Bowers (family connections).  The other 'big men' were leftovers from Snyder's program or they were really not all that althletic or good.  He brought in Ramsey and Ratliffe from the JUCO ranks but I wouldn't really call them long and athletic.

What Mike needs to do is find him a serious recruiter and put him on the staff.  Most staffs have a designated assistant coach who is an expert recruiter.  Mike doesn't have anyone on the bench that can do it. 

Most of Nolan's talent didn't come from Nolan recruiting them but from someone on his staff.

swinesation

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 16, 2015, 09:01:12 am
Man, the shoulders on that guy. He has a nice frame for banging inside. This is going to be so nice!!

Whoa now...

Cresthog

No homo?

AWHAWG

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 16, 2015, 09:12:41 am
I can think of a different number 5 I would rather get him the ball.

Has Malik gotten taller?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QyDK0TrL7uE
here here

Swinesong1

Quote from: swinesation on February 16, 2015, 01:42:57 pm
Whoa now...
You have a sick, twisted mind!  I guess I do too 'cause I can't stop laughing!

bigred223

LOL

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: swinesation on February 16, 2015, 01:42:57 pm
Whoa now...
Quote from: Cresthog on February 16, 2015, 01:53:27 pm
No homo?
If that is your context, then roll with it. Who am I to judge if that is what you saw. Too funny. That's grade school stuff right there.
Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2015, 02:17:47 pm
You have a sick, twisted mind!  I guess I do too 'cause I can't stop laughing!
Smh.... have fun with it guys. No harm no foul.

-Blu

For those wanting to see Kapita play, he'll be playing tomorrow (Thursday 4/2) on ESPNU at 1:00 PM CST, in the Dicks Sporting Goods Tournament.

intelligence

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 16, 2015, 02:39:54 pm
If that is your context, then roll with it. Who am I to judge if that is what you saw. Too funny. That's grade school stuff right there.Smh.... have fun with it guys. No harm no foul.
bro...

intelligence

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 15, 2015, 02:09:34 pm
Yea acie law.  I think they went to the sweet 16 this was probably 8-10 years ago.
2007 IIRC

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: -Blu on April 01, 2015, 01:03:13 pm
For those wanting to see Kapita play, he'll be playing tomorrow (Thursday 4/2) on ESPNU at 1:00 PM CST, in the Dicks Sporting Goods Tournament.

Awesome thanks Blu