Is my scouting report of Henry way off?

Yes
14 (26.4%)
No
39 (73.6%)

Total Members Voted: 53

PonderinHog

razorbacksnum1

HH is a freakin rockstar in this state. Go watch 4 & 25 play at Ole Miss and it will tell you all you need to know about him. He did it game after game. He will be missed.

LZH

Ya know, it's actually possible that HH signs with a team that'll ask him to improve his blocking skills, and make available to him all manner of resources, so that he may become one of the most complete TE's in football. Some of you act like once a guy declares for the draft, he's finished improving as a player.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: LZH on April 16, 2016, 08:22:53 am
Ya know, it's actually possible that HH signs with a team that'll ask him to improve his blocking skills, and make available to him all manner of resources, so that he may become one of the most complete TE's in football. Some of you act like once a guy declares for the draft, he's finished improving as a player.

NEVEEERRRRRRR!!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hawgmasta

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 15, 2016, 04:58:33 pm
I'm not sure that is something you should be bragging about.

Hey now I didn't add those inch marks after my numbers. Subliminal

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: LZH on April 16, 2016, 08:22:53 am
THIS! HH came out of high school with tremendous talent and athletic ability, and yet he showed marked improvement every single season. Why anyone would think that he has peaked at 21 years of age is beyond me.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

alohawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 17, 2016, 08:51:50 pm
It's also possible he'll never be able to hold an NFL point of attack, athletically average LB's will be able to run with him and he'll be unable to overpower competent Strong Safety coverage.  This, of course, makes him Matt Spaeth especially if some NFL guy believes he'll keep what athleticism he has and not be horrid at blocking if he'll just "put on twenty lbs."

Because he won't.

Wow, you really have issues with HH it seems. Is it personal?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 17, 2016, 11:56:11 pm
1.  Not in the slightest.
2.  I'm all for his NFL success.

I just believe he's closer to Matt Spaeth than Jason Witten with a solid track record of accurately predicting my alma mater's NFL draftee success, over time.

That part I can agree with at least.
Seems like every NFL player we've placed has either faded away, changed positions to a non-glam slot, or was simply snake bit in one way or another.

With your pessimistic view, you probably do have a decent track record.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

alohawg

We've had some disappointments for sure, especially in recent years, but we've also had some unexpected surprises like George Wilson. That said, these new guys have no obligation to suck because others haven't lived up to expectations. I think HH will be great, potentially all-pro depending on where he lands. Both Alex Collins and Johnathan Williams will be at an worst average NFL backs and again depending on where they go, could be better. Then there's Kirkland and Tretola both of which will have something of a career....even Brandon Allen can make a roster, imo.
It's a new day, smile, these hogs will make us proud again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razorbacksnum1

I just believe he's closer to Matt Spaeth than Jason Witten with a solid track record of accurately predicting my alma mater's NFL draftee success, over time.

How is Henry like Spaeth? What's the basis of your comparison?

DeltaBoy

With the right team he could be a All Pro Rookie player.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 01:55:43 am
So, you didn't read?

NFL site disagrees with you. He was one of the top TE out of high school and he adjusted his game to be THE top TE in college. So far nothing in his history indicates he will not adjust his game and be a starter in the NFL.

And the official website of the NFL compares him to Witten. Speed isn't the best indicator for a receiver. Crisp route running is. I look forward to your counter points to the NFL's professional views on HH.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/hunter-henry?id=2555341
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

yraciv

Where did MFST go? I thought we were friendly enough.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 05:43:21 pm
Do you mean his overall "6.27" NFL website grade wherein it is postulated he has a chance to be a competent NFL starter?

Doesn't sound Witten-esque in the slightest.  In fact, it sounds Spaeth-like.

If we desire to know the "NFL's professional views" on Henry, I submit we should wait two years and see: just like our last two QB's and Knile Davis.

It's nice to debate a topic isn't it? Truth is, though we hope for the best for Hunter Henry, none of us know "beans" about how he will actually turn out. He certainly has the potential to be a very good NFL TE/H-Back. Smart, great hands, knack for getting open and a real character type of young man that most teams would love to have, especially if he can produce.

Here's a story about a guy who while similar, didn't possess the physical attributes of Hunter Henry. Yet, he succeeded in a pretty big way and few gave him a chance to do so. Even so, he broke NFL records, but might never have done so had fortune not smiled on him at the right time. It isn't just about talent, or prototypical talent at a particular position, it is also about getting the right breaks at the right time, with the right team.

http://www.thegamebeforethemoney.com/stevelargent/

Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 05:43:21 pm
Do you mean his overall "6.27" NFL website grade wherein it is postulated he has a chance to be a competent NFL starter?

Doesn't sound Witten-esque in the slightest.  In fact, it sounds Spaeth-like.

If we desire to know the "NFL's professional views" on Henry, I submit we should wait two years and see: just like our last two QB's and Knile Davis.

Well it is the NFL that gave him the 6.27 and compared him to Witten. Forgive me if I trust their evaluation more than yours.

I'm not sure why you object to the site for saying he had the talent to be a starter. So are you rooting for this young man to fail?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

RME

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 06:53:47 pm
Their numeric evaluation distills to "has a chance to be a competent NFL starter."  So, sure, trust away.  "A chance" promises nothing.

I'm not.  Every Hog homer predicting All-Pro status, is.

1.  When did you stop beating your wife?
2.  He is very likely to fail if Witten is the standard.

A more appropriate standard is Matt Spaeth.

Hold up, who would you compare Henry to?

And though it's pretty irrelevant, you never addressed how playing for 2 teams in your career (Spaeth) makes you a journeyman.

Spaeth has about 2 inches and 15 pounds on Henry. Gronk is closer to Spaeth's size than Henry is, and the comparison between Gronk and Spaeth, talent-wise, isn't even close. Also, .14 in the 40-yard dash is pretty significant.

I have no idea how Henry will perform in the NFL. The track record for recent Razorbacks isn't all that great. But your adamant comparisons to Spaeth just don't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why not compare him to Eifert? Ertz? Cameron?

hogninja

Emails have sources, I say look at the sources and you get your answer.  :razorback:

RME

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 07:37:54 pm
Sigh...

Google isn't hard: "a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding."  Nobody would tie the word to number of employers -- even in an electrical or plumbing setting -- if they were aware of what the word meant, which is to imply a post apprentice-level trained professional.

Hell, it's not even an insult but you sure want it to be...

1.  Right now.  It wasn't always so and it ruined his athleticism.
2.  What does Gronkowski/Spaeth have to do with Henry?
3.  Please tell me you're not implying any similarities between Henry and Gronkowski?

Welcome to Spaethville.

"Sigh" --- Your answer to my rhetorical question. You couldn't be on Spaeth's jock more if you tried.

Journeyman --- "a journeyman or journeywoman is an athlete who is technically competent but unable to excel. The term is used elsewhere (such as in British and Australian contexts) to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career." Sorry I have a British mind. I guess that's the soccer fan in me. But maybe not? "A journeyman quarterback is a term used for an American Football (typically NFL) quarterback who plays for several teams over a career. Such a player is typically signed to year-by-year contracts, and may be signed by a team to fill in for an injured starter. The term is normally pejorative." Replace quarterback with any position.

Gronkowski/Spaeth has nothing to do with Henry, and that's my point. No, I didn't imply similarities to Gronkowski and Henry. I was saying physically, Gronk and Spaeth are more comparable to one another than Henry is to Spaeth. Spaeth is listed as 6'7'' 265. Henry is 6'5'' roughly 250.

There are plenty of better comparisons in both size and intangibles for Henry, such as those guys I listed. Cameron, Ertz, and Eifert are all roughly Henry's size, and ran similar 40 times. All 3 are very good receiving tight ends who are sufficient blockers when they need to be. Sound familiar?

To explicitly say it, there are much better comparisons for Henry over Spaeth. Physically, intangibly, and style of play. Even Owen Daniels is a better comparison than Spaeth.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 20, 2016, 06:53:47 pm
Their numeric evaluation distills to "has a chance to be a competent NFL starter."  So, sure, trust away.  "A chance" promises nothing.

I'm not.  Every Hog homer predicting All-Pro status, is.

1.  When did you stop beating your wife?
2.  He is very likely to fail if Witten is the standard.

A more appropriate standard is Matt Spaeth.

You must have me mixed up with someone else as I have not said All Pro. I am simply saying he will be good and will be better than Spaeth.

I stopped beating my wife when I started nailing yours.   ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 12:32:49 am
1.  Not before Spaeth put on ~20 lbs to improve his blocking.
2.  Let's check the stats in two years.

I bet we hear "Henry could use more weight" the night he's drafted.

It's the first exit to Spaeth-town.

I hope not as I would be afraid 20 pounds would kill his speed.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 12:34:45 am
+1.

I hesitated to post that as I wasn't sure if you would take it as a joke. +1 to you for having a sense of humor.

Iwastherein1969

As much as I like HH, it's time for this thread, after 12 days of less than two pages to be put to bed. Bottom line, if HH is good enough to make an NFL roster, he will, if he's not, well he won't. Time to move on and wring our hands about someone else. Please, for heavens sake let this thread die.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on April 13, 2016, 10:33:55 pm
This laughable to compare HH to Spaeth. For one, I'd love to be on your clock if you think a 4.65 is just a "tick" better than 4.8 in the game of football makes a world of difference. That's why faster players usually get drafted higher. Henry has had a much more dominant college than Spaeth and much better hands. Two drops in two years. HH may not be Witten but he's not Spaeth either.

it's actually 17 "ticks" slower
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

a0ashle

You could predict mediocrity or worse for every player in the draft... and you would have a solid track record. Consider me unimpressed.

FATHAWG08

Great players are always adjusting, trying to get better. That's what makes them great. If HH does not improve on his weaknesses he will not play up his potential. At this point in his career he has gotten better every year. He has definitely become a better blocker. I like his chances of improving  and becoming the great TE that  some project him to be. 
I love off season Football!!

sowmonella

How good is Hunter Henry? Good enough to be a 1st team All American and make millions playing in the NFL. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

a0ashle

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 01:21:46 pm
So, you admit it's a solid track record?

GOT IT.

You left out unimpressive. Predicting failure or mediocrity in the NFL...not a skill.

PorkSoda

Quote from: a0ashle on April 21, 2016, 02:54:15 pm
You left out unimpressive. Predicting failure or mediocrity in the NFL...not a skill.
I predict it will rain somewhere tomorrow.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 06:18:29 pm
Just like Matt Spaeth?

Did Spaeth play in the SEC? Did Spaeth have multiple 100 yard games in his college career? Did Spaeth run a 4.65 at his combine or pro day? Did Spaeth catch 51 passes in a single season? Did Spaeth have 96 of his 116 receptions go for a first down? Did Spaeth get targeted 51 times in a season and not drop one single pass?   Waiting for your reply...

PorkSoda

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on April 21, 2016, 08:21:09 pm
Reply?

Try "decade long NFL career."

Henry will be fortunate to be Spaeth.
and a superbowl ring.

yes if henry does that it would be awesome.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.