Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas at Mississippi St Game Thread

Started by Ulysses_S_Grunt, February 07, 2009, 02:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thdownnutt

why is his name sanchez?  he doesn't look meskin?

alaback

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 07, 2009, 03:57:40 pm
he's made some awful decisions at the end of this game.  its to the point we've had to sit him at times because he's making such bad plays

He is completely exhausted. He has to carry sachez the whole second half. Where were clark and moore.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Hog4Ever09

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on February 07, 2009, 03:58:35 pm
G A M E   O V E R

Arkansas the doormat of the SEC

hey Georgia still hasn't won a game...

elkhog

Quote from: Duckhog89 on February 07, 2009, 03:57:36 pm
i thought clark and moore were playing good..why did they not come in during the second half?

Didn't Moore pick up three fouls in the short time he was in?
GO HOGS!!!

rzrbackrob

The Hogs are going to put together 2 halves someday.
Good is the enemy of great

sp84hogs

"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

3kgthog

We are now where Auburn was 2-3 yrs ago.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: Hog4Ever09 on February 07, 2009, 03:59:18 pm
hey Georgia still hasn't won a game...
They will when they come in March. 94 celebration or not.

chiefsfan

I just dont understand what happened today.  its like we used every ounce of energy in the first half
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: olivebranchhog on February 07, 2009, 03:58:37 pm
there are now 4 better pg's in the sec than Fortson. If he can't play a whole game he needs to get in damn shape

?

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Hawgrox

Ironhawg

Wow. 51 pts in 1st half.  26 in 2nd. I love the Hogs, but I'm concerned we may go 0-for the rest of the season.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

not gonna foul, state will hold it til time runs out

final: 77-86 state

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawgrox

Blutoblutarsky

missippihog

No D. Thats all you have to say about this game.

olivebranchhog

screw this, We are officially the worst team in the conference in the two biggest sports this year. Baseball can't start soon enough
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

razorbackfan4life

They made halftime adjustments.. we didn't.

Hogbody

never though I'd see the razorbacks 1-7 in the SEC.  It's likely to get worse too

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Hawgrox on February 07, 2009, 04:00:24 pm
No...that's Georgia.

trust me, by the time its all said and done Georgia will have a better record than us
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

razorbackandy

Nice work hogs!  You just go outscored 24 in the second half!
The post-game show is brought to you by.... Christ, I can't find it... the hell with it.  - Bob Uecker, Major League

chiefsfan

Quote from: elkhog on February 07, 2009, 03:59:33 pm
Didn't Moore pick up three fouls in the short time he was in?

Yeah Moore fouled 3 times in like 3 minutes.   Clark looked okay.   he made a couple nice plays and a couple what are you doing plays

Until either does anything consistant they wont see the floor.   Sanchez has been pretty bad as well, but unfortunately for us, he's the most consistant 4 we have
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on February 07, 2009, 04:01:35 pm
trust me, by the time its all said and done Georgia will have a better record than us

If tulane was still in the SEC, they would have a better record than us

missippihog

I still support Pel but if he doesn't start making some adjustments in a ballgame, it won't last long.

Marshfieldhog

I'd be fine with this season if we had more of a recruiting class coming in, now we don't know if Powell will qualify..Washington may bolt..most of the good players were signed in the fall. That fall recruiting class is really going to hurt us..we just needed to add a couple of studs and we wouldve been ok.

TruthHog

i can't believe i have two tickets to kentucky. that's gonna be 2 hours and $58 bucks i'm never gonna get back
Calmer than you are.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on February 07, 2009, 04:00:00 pm
just wait till they hit barnhill
If Georgia shows up to play at barnhill I guarantee we'll win...by forfeit
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

BayofPigs

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on February 07, 2009, 04:01:20 pm
They made halftime adjustments.. we didn't.
stansbury is a damn good coach, I can't believe no big time program has come calling for him

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 07, 2009, 04:00:26 pm
Wow. 51 pts in 1st half.  26 in 2nd. I love the Hogs, but I'm concerned we may go 0-for the rest of the season.

I looked at what I had listed as our conference wins pre conference and here is what I had

vs Auburn
vs Alabama
@ Auburn
LSU
@ Bama
Georgia
Ole Miss

I had 7 conference wins, but had us at 2-6 at this point in the league.   the last half of our conference schedule is the easier half.  so hopefully we can manage to finish 5-3 or so in this half

4thdownnutt

what't the excuse? aren't we on probation?  I knew we were in trouble when we has a big lead

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on February 07, 2009, 04:03:13 pm
I'd be fine with this season if we had more of a recruiting class coming in, now we don't know if Powell will qualify..Washington may bolt..most of the good players were signed in the fall. That fall recruiting class is really going to hurt us..we just needed to add a couple of studs and we wouldve been ok.
If scouts were watching this game Wash won't go pro
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

4thdownnutt

elkhog

Quote from: olivebranchhog on February 07, 2009, 04:01:10 pm
screw this, We are officially the worst team in the conference in the two biggest sports this year. Baseball can't start soon enough

Yep, I'm ready for some baseball.
GO HOGS!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 07, 2009, 04:05:42 pm
If scouts were watching this game Wash won't go pro

Yeah if they see him looking dead tired and being abused by a guy that essentially all defense on the offensive end of the floor, he wont last long

In the NBA you have to be able to play 1 on 1 defense, and Washington cant.  hence why we always help out down low, even when it kills us

1967 Grad

Winners find ways to win. Losers find ways to lose. It is becoming obvious what kind of product Pelphry is purring on the floor.

4thdownnutt

people on this team are actually thinking about being a pro?  you've got to be kidding.  The pros don't pick people that shoot 40% FT

olivebranchhog

Someone start the Bring Back Nolan thread

4thdownnutt

Hey we only have a whole state with 2.8 million to pick from.

Corganist

I hate to say it, but we just got outcoached today. Where were Clark and Moore in the second half? Why did we keep playing the same old zone defense with zero adjustment when MSU was absolutely lighting us up from outside? Why was Rotnei Clarke on the bench for most of the last 10 minutes when he was actually having a decent shooting game and we couldn't buy a basket during that time? Sure, the kid's defense isn't great, but no one else was defending worth a flip either. Sticking him in there with a minute left and expecting him to throw something in isn't fair to anyone.

It seems like we threw out everything that worked for us in the first half and played it safe in the 2nd. And MSU ate us up for it. I still love Pel, but this one's on him.

missippihog

Did Pel just say, "they just beat us"? No freaking kidding John. How about a few adjustments in the second half to help us hold a 15 point lead? Man, my confidence in this guy is dwindling fast.

Jazorback

relax folks, we weren't expected to do any thing this year...the young hogs outperformed all expatiation's early this year. Give it time to rebuild, let the young hogs learn how to handle the SEC pressure and gain more depth on the bench. we lost one of our best bench players also.

chiefsfan

Quote from: missippihog on February 07, 2009, 04:17:03 pm
Did Pel just say, "they just beat us"? No freaking kidding John. How about a few adjustments in the second half to help us hold a 15 point lead? Man, my confidence in this guy is dwindling fast.

We did make adjustments.   we decided to work on stopping Turner and Johnson from 3, so Stewart Picnoch and Bost beat us

MSU has 7 guys who can shoot really well from 3.   Arkansas has 7 actual players

olivebranchhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 07, 2009, 04:21:43 pm
We did make adjustments.   we decided to work on stopping Turner and Johnson from 3, so Stewart Picnoch and Bost beat us

MSU has 7 guys who can shoot really well from 3.   Arkansas has 7 actual players

Who is an actuall player besides Wash, Henry, and Fortson. No one else on the team does more than one thing well.

Newhopehog

We had piss poor substitution control, no defensive adjustments to stop the threes and we couldn't run a set offense if our lives depended on it...that is coaching by the entire staff.....sorry I have supported Pell all the way but he is not getting it done come game time, he looks like a boy among men coaching...