Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will you get uneasy if next year ends the same as this one seems headed

Started by no3putts, February 06, 2009, 10:54:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no3putts

All of us dont have to like every coach we have.  i think pel is a great guy and might be a great coach one day. I dont think the UA is a learning center for our last 2 coaches. i think they are a little over there head AT THE TIME they had the job. If next year is similar to this one do you give him another pass of youth or do you get a little nervous. If next years team is like this and doesnt show alot of improvment and keeps making mental mistakes, is his seat hot

newera

Let's wait until next year before you talk about how bad we suck.
Rome want' built in a day.
We can talk about next year...next year.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Swine & Cheese Club

no3putts... Did you get tired of spreading your doom and gloom over in MMQB?

Already writing off next year huh?  Give me a break!

jst01

Geeze, I stay off Hogville for 1 day and psycho posters come out of no where! 

psycho poster,

I get a sick uneasy feeling every time the Hogs lose. whether it be by 1 point or by 28.  Its part of being a fan. You ride out the losses with the wins, every team goes thru it at some point.  Duke & UNC havent been world beaters for eternity. 

But you never just give up on the process of creating a program or team. It takes years(adding an "S" at the end makes it plural, meaning more than 1 year psycho poster) to build a program. Give the team/program a chance to be built.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Pelphrey is Ok by me.  We all need to remember coaches weren't knocking our door down to come here.  It took a search company to even find this Guy.  He has a fire in his belly and I think he has every intention of putting it out by fielding a winning team.  We have idiots on here assuring themselves that top 20 recruits are just dying to come to Arkansas if and when we finally get that #1 coach in the land on board.  In BB right now, we are in reality, a team falling around number 70 to 75 and we deserve that.  If Pel can find a man or 2 or 3 willing to take a chance on us, maybe we can pull ourselves out of the gloom and doom of the past 12 or 13 years and make it back to the big time.  Right now we are depending on Pel's skill and some outhouse luck to make it back.  I like the pace we are on because I think eventually we'll make it.

PennaHog

Nope....sure won't.  The foundation is slowly being laid for a nice return to dominance in the SEC.  In Nolan's own words, "Be Patient."

WPS
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hog Fan4 Life07 on February 06, 2009, 01:32:59 pm
no3putts... Did you get tired of spreading your doom and gloom over in MMQB?

Already writing off next year huh?  Give me a break!
Amen. +1

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Razorod on February 06, 2009, 03:23:16 pm
one little fact to keep in mind:  Long did not hire Pelphrey.

Whether or not you like Pelphrey, he undoubtably deserves a couple of more years to build his team. 

But it would be interesting to see who has interest in the job now that Broyles is out to pasture, and who Long might be able to bring in.

ThisTeetsTaken

He gets 4 years for free.   If by then he hasn't gotten us to a respectable level, he's gotta go.   Like some other posters have said, the U of A basketball program should not be a learning center for young coaches.  Frank Broyles in more ways than one put us behind several years.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Razorod

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on February 07, 2009, 10:21:22 am
Whether or not you like Pelphrey, he undoubtably deserves a couple of more years to build his team. 

But it would be interesting to see who has interest in the job now that Broyles is out to pasture, and who Long might be able to bring in.
i strongly believe that the best thing for the bb program is for Pel to be the guy. last thing we need is another coaching search.

however, if pel is not the guy, we don't need to drag this thing out another 2-3 years. year three should give Long the information he needs to make a decision. i'm not a big fan of giving pel five years to prove himself like some are. you don't need that long to know whether or not a guy can coach. heath only got it do to other factors. in a normal situation, heath would have been let go after the team tanked on him at the end of his third season.

i am certainly not ready to pull the plug, nor am i ready to say that he deserves five years. year three is the critical year in my book.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TMc

I like Pel but if the recruiting doesn't improve - I'll be uneasy.  I don't see us being any better next year.., hopefully Michael Washington will not leave and Marshawn Powell will be elgible.  If those 2 things happen - they might have a chance.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Razorod on February 07, 2009, 10:27:52 am
i strongly believe that the best thing for the bb program is for Pel to be the guy. last thing we need is another coaching search.

however, if pel is not the guy, we don't need to drag this thing out another 2-3 years. year three should give Long the information he needs to make a decision. i'm not a big fan of giving pel five years to prove himself like some are. you don't need that long to know whether or not a guy can coach. heath only got it do to other factors. in a normal situation, heath would have been let go after the team tanked on him at the end of his third season.

i am certainly not ready to pull the plug, nor am i ready to say that he deserves five years. year three is the critical year in my book.

Year 3 isnt for 2 years though.    Next year is year 2.   Remember, the first team he had had all seniors..   He gets at least 2 more years after this.  really 3.  in order to be fair

If we fire another young coach quickly, We will create a horrible reputation for ourselves in coaching circles
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

H-O-double g

I say we go 8-8 next year in conference. Ole Miss and Miss State will be expected to be ahead of us in the standings next year as they return their nucleus of players just like us........as you can see, I'm not to excited right now. 

We will be much improved next year even if we are starting the same Guys we are starting now.  If the 2 major Guys coming in turn out to be pretty good, we might win the West next year.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 07, 2009, 01:21:13 pm
Year 3 isnt for 2 years though.    Next year is year 2.   Remember, the first team he had had all seniors..   He gets at least 2 more years after this.  really 3.  in order to be fair

If we fire another young coach quickly, We will create a horrible reputation for ourselves in coaching circles

I agree, we need to look at this like it is year 1 for Pel. I think he has done great things with Washington, or at least someone on the staff has. He is a completely different player.

I still have faith in Pel and think he can turn this thing around(probably not this season, but in the next couple of years).