Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshman Scoring

Started by Hawg4Life22, February 05, 2009, 02:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg4Life22

I just checked this out and thought this would give us a little perspective on this team. It is the percentage of the teams scoring that is done by freshman. Not to mention 3 of our top 4 rebounders are freshman. A lot of people seem to want to abandon this team after a rough start in the SEC, that there is no hope for the future and Pel should be fired at the end of the season. We are playing with two role players from last year and a group of freshman and we beat I think the top team in the country in Oklahoma and another top 15 team in Texas.  We put a couple of wins together in the SEC and I think it has been a succesful season.  Imagine taking Lawson, Ellington, Green, Hansborough, Thompson and Ginyard off of UNC, how good would they be this year playing mostly freshman? Imagine Memphis on top of Douglass-Roberts, Rose and Dorsey losing Dozier, Anderson and Taggart, how good would they be? We lost our top 6 players and everyone seems to think we are going to jump right back into the national picture and we did after those big wins, but this is still a terribly young team who will get better. All the freshman have shown flashes of being big time players and next year we add Marshawn Powell and Jemal Farmer who are immediate impact guys at two of the most important positions. I love my Hogs and think the future is extremely bright. 

East
1.Florida-29%
2.Tennessee- 30%
3.South Carolina-0%
3.Kentucky- 17%
5.Vanderbilt- 50%
6.Georgia- 42%

West
1.LSU-8%
2.Mississippi State- 25%
3.Mississippi- 40%
4.Alabama-25%