Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Micheal Sanchez Dunk?

Started by jameshogfan, February 05, 2009, 01:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jameshogfan

Just curious?

He's 6'8" and doesn't seem to be aggressive enough around the basket.  He has gotten the ball under the basket without any traffic a few times this season and just lays it in real quick. 

So my question is, can he just not physically tear the rim apart and make a statement, or does he just choose not to?

H&D

My wife say's the same thing every time he touches the ball down low.  Damn kid just dunk the ball and get the crowd going.......
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

akp4105

daprospecta

akp4105

Quote from: daprospecta on February 05, 2009, 01:24:49 pm
Where is this guy? The guy in that video had fire and tenacity but I don't see that now

It's a different game.. The college game is bigger, faster, and stronger.. He'll come around. Just have to be patient.. some people dont know what that means.

H&D

Quote from: akp4105 on February 05, 2009, 01:26:00 pm
It's a different game.. The college game is bigger, faster, and stronger.. He'll come around. Just have to be patient.. some people dont know what that means.

He red shirted last year, that was his chance to grow.  He needs to start playing like he is on scholarship.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Cash267

Holy crap!!

Where is the monster from the first 2-3 clips?!? 
Those weren't just break away dunks, he went up and over some guys!

I like the kid's heart, but he's gotta get it together for us to even have a chance at being respectable this year. 

UltimateHog

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on February 05, 2009, 01:43:08 pm
He red shirted last year, that was his chance to grow.  He needs to start playing like he is on scholarship.

He spent to much time with Steven Hill.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

hei5manhog

"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

brownup

WTH? Who is this kid? lol  I haven't seen this guy all year.

Smithian

We need to recruit that #33. A big guy who is willing to go up strong and run the court would be perfect for this team. What is his name?

touchdownark

Quote from: Cash267 on February 05, 2009, 03:31:08 pm
Holy crap!!

Where is the monster from the first 2-3 clips?!? 
Those weren't just break away dunks, he went up and over some guys!

I like the kid's heart, but he's gotta get it together for us to even have a chance at being respectable this year. 
he was playing high school basketball and now he is playing in the SEC

Verge

Quote from: akp4105 on February 05, 2009, 01:11:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjquQj9G7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVKEfZQ3xA

he dunks a couple times on this..

WTH, now i'm even more pissed off at him.

i swear to god his hands haven't gone above the backboard for a rebound this entire year. When he goes up for a board, his feet get 2 inches off the ground. FIRE UP YOUR DVR'S AND TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG HERE.

arkansasmaniac

MICHAEL SANCHEZ IS NOT A SEC-CALIBER PLAYER.

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: arkansasmaniac on February 06, 2009, 02:01:18 pm
MICHAEL SANCHEZ IS NOT A SEC-CALIBER PLAYER.

You will be proven wrong!  Michael will have a good career here at Arkansas!  He shows promise at times which is what you want from your FRESHMEN!

Verge

Quote from: Hog Fan4 Life07 on February 06, 2009, 02:27:48 pm
You will be proven wrong!  Michael will have a good career here at Arkansas!  He shows promise at times which is what you want from your FRESHMEN!

I sense a blake eddins esque career....

Too slow, no coordination, can't jump.

Smokehouse

every time he's tried to dunk this year, even when he makes it, I cringe a little. Just not pretty looking at all. But, I'll take a bad looking dunk to a blocked shot any day, so I wish he'd do some more of that.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

athunt

I saw him touch the net once, granted he didnt have the ball because he lost on the way up...but he touched it...i think
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Smithian

Quote from: Verge on February 06, 2009, 03:34:30 pm
I sense a blake eddins esque career....

Too slow, no coordination, can't jump.
Then Michael Sanchez needs to switch to a broadcasting major right now.

He still may have potential for us if that is the case.