Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With 5 sec left...

Started by akp4105, February 04, 2009, 09:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateHog

February 05, 2009, 06:35:49 pm #50 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:43:19 pm by UltimateHog
Quote from: Smithian on February 05, 2009, 06:01:24 pm
Agree'd cmiller. It's not like Stefan Welsh was hitting big shots and gunning with big name players like JP Prince. Had Stefan Welsh scored mre than a crappy 22 points, we'd have won.

Some of the things being said about Stefan Welsh are bullcrap. If you dislike a player that much, then hit the road. I'd rather have Stefan Welsh than some fan who does nothing but slam these players anonymously.

If you hate Stefan Welsh that much, go tell John Pelphrey about your dislike for him, and John Pelphrey will show you where to stick your opinion.
Quote from: cmiller01 on February 05, 2009, 05:46:42 pm
Yeah, it's not like Welsh scored 22 points or anything.

feminine toolbag.

Hate to burst your bubble, but 1 game doesn't mean shyt.

His "Oh so amazing" 22 points were more than his past 4 games combined.

WOOOO HOOO!

Read more post less.

Some peoples posts just baffle me.

I post he's been a failure since January 6th so you come back with last nights game.

Well, what else has he done there bud?

His 4 pts vs LSU, his 8pts against Bama, his 5 pts against Florida?

Yeah, his one good performance last night sure does make up for all those other losses in which he sure did alot.

Now I must stop bashing him before I get banned or something, if you'd like to continue this conversation come to Woopig so I can continue to prove my point.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

dfwhog22

first off fortson wasn't open on the inbound and its tough to fault the kids when everything is happening that quick.

I agree on the Welsh thing I don't think this one game makes him the savior but how are we bashing him on here after a game like that? (although the inconsistency is frustrating)

The problem with tonight was not having a defensive presence outside of washington down low in crucial moments and once again the disappearance of rotnei clarke.  I love the kid but before we come on here and rip sanchez lets not forget he just got shut out for the third time in conference.  The thing about clarke is he is so one dimensional.  If the shots not there he cant do ANYTHING else offensively and he is more of a liability on defense than he is help.  That being said I'm still rooting hard for him

But if we don't get monk back so we have another physical presence down low then we have no chance because late in the game they just dominated us in the key.

Hawgon

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 05, 2009, 04:32:30 pm
So you're saying it's Welsh's fault we have one win in conference? Yeah, that makes sense.  ::)

Jeez, you're dense.  No, it isn't Welsh's fault.  It shows how bad of a team we are that we have to rely on a player as bad as Welsh.

heathtits

February 05, 2009, 11:25:08 pm #53 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:27:41 pm by heathtits
Quote from: Hawgon on February 05, 2009, 10:15:15 pm

Jeez, you're dense.  No, it isn't Welsh's fault.  It shows how bad of a team we are that we have to rely on a player as bad as Welsh.

As bad as Welsh? He's really THAT bad? When he's playing well he can get a good shot ANYWHERE on the floor. He has great range on the three and is our ONLY catch and shoot guy.

I totally agree his decision making is questionable most of the time and his shot selection could be better, but going so far as to saying he is a "bad" player is just overstating it with some sort of hate agenda.

He starts in the SEC and would play minutes on any team in the league. There's a reason COACH Pelphrey played him 38 minutes.

And to the guy who said we haven't been able to shoot Free Throws since 1994, check again. We were not good that year. 67%. After 1991, Nolan's teams NEVER shot FTs well, they were just so dominant (before 1996) it didn't matter.

Surprisingly, Heath's last team in 2007 had the highest FT % since 1991.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawgon on February 05, 2009, 10:15:15 pm

I'm still waiting for your list of smart players from our team and in the SEC. The funny thing is that you keep bashing our players, but you can't set the standard as to which to compare them by.

You need to get over your hatred for Welsh. Life is to short to be so full of BS.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12