Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope to see Pel tell another Tenn player to STFU tonight

Started by BigSexyHog, February 04, 2009, 05:45:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

when we are beating their arse by 20 and they are doing nothing but crying to the officials and the over glorified cheerleader Coach Pearl is sweating his arse off cause he knows he sucks.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

3kgthog

Chism is still there so you can bet on someone getting into verbal fisticuffs with that punk.

ALLVOL

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2009, 06:09:55 pm
Chism is still there so you can bet on someone getting into verbal fisticuffs with that punk.
Whats your thoughts on Fortsons actions tonight????

hawgsav1

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 12:50:57 am

Well, considering your player just ran into Welsh and Fortson, Fortson was justified.  No offense, but y'all have a bunch of punks on your team. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

clifflee4mvp

Maze was sucking up to the officials all night patting them on the butt and then he starts jawing at Fortson and bumps into two players. You can bet he got quite a few STFUs from the students. Also Tyler Smith storing his mouthguard in his headband is flat out nasty. Anyone else see that? Don't know if they showed it on tv, but when he comes out he puts his mouthguard in his sweaty knappy headband and then when he comes back in, he transfers it to his mouth. GROSS!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

TomasPistola

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 05, 2009, 02:40:08 am
Well, considering your player just ran into Welsh and Fortson, Fortson was justified.  No offense, but y'all have a bunch of punks on your team. 

It's like Bruce Pearl looked at Memphis and said, hey - we can recruit those guys too.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hawgsav1

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 05, 2009, 02:47:35 am
It's like Bruce Pearl looked at Memphis and said, hey - we can recruit those guys too.

Now if we could just recruit those guys...:P

BleedsBlue

Justified.  In addition I would have had Sanchez give Scotty Hopson a forearm to the head on a screen after his breakaway dunk.  Hopson plays zero defense and stands around on offense.  Don't ever think Pearl stole him out from under Kentucky. He would never see the court at UK.  Looking forward to seeing UT at Rupp.
Arkansas had the game won and should have put it away.

The Hogfather

February 05, 2009, 07:45:03 am #8 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:47:35 am by The Hogfather

Not at all called for, even though the Tennessee player bumped him first.  Fortson has a propensity to jaw with opposing players and I don't like it.  He has too many other things to focus on to get caught up in that crap.

I know you want to get on here and gloat about the win.  But, before you start off at the mouth with things like, "yeah, is Chism still decent?" or "What do you think about Pearl now?", let me offer some opinions first.

Chism is still only decent, gets all his points from trailing, uncontested threes, junk baskets from teammates drawing the defense and passing to him or off offensive rebounds, or tip-ins.  He will never make it at the next level.  He is Charles Thomas.

Pearl is still an average coach.  SOme on here are saying Pel got outcoached.  I don't think so at all.  My question is why did it take so long for Pearl to figure out how to score on our zone?  We were severely outmanned and all Tennessee's guards had to do was drive and kick for easy lay-ups or tip-ins after missed baskets.  They could do it everytime.  Yet, it took Pearl 35 minutes to get his team to figure this out.  It almost cost them the game.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 05, 2009, 07:45:03 am
Not at all called for, even though the Tennessee player bumped him first.  Fortson has a propensity to jaw with opposing players and I don't like it.  He has too many other things to focus on to get caught up in that crap.

I know you want to get on here and gloat about the win.  But, before you start off at the mouth with things like, "yeah, is Chism still decent?" or "What do you think about Pearl now?", let me offer some opinions first.

Chism is still only decent, gets all his points from trailing, uncontested threes, junk baskets from teammates drawing the defense and passing to him or off offensive rebounds, or tip-ins.  He will never make it at the next level.  He is Charles Thomas.

Pearl is still an average coach.  SOme on here are saying Pel got outcoached.  I don't think so at all.  My question is why did it take so long for Pearl to figure out how to score on our zone?  We were severely outmanned and all Tennessee's guards had to do was drive and kick for easy lay-ups or tip-ins after missed baskets.  They could do it everytime.  Yet, it took Pearl 35 minutes to get his team to figure this out.  It almost cost them the game.
Unlike you I dont get on this board and run my mouth. I also dont gloat one way or antother whether it be bb or fb. I also dont care what you think about Pearl or any of our players. You are unable to discuss sports on a level that isnt emotional.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 10:19:30 am
Unlike you I dont get on this board and run my mouth. I also dont gloat one way or antother whether it be bb or fb. I also dont care what you think about Pearl or any of our players. You are unable to discuss sports on a level that isnt emotional.

Toot, toot!  I hear ALLVOL's horn.  Who's tootin it?  ALLVOL, that's who!

Whatever you say.  Because I think your favorite player and coach are average, I can't possibly be objective.  I am simply saying these things out of pure spite and hatred for all things Tennessee.  Get over yourself. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 05, 2009, 10:47:29 am
Toot, toot!  I hear ALLVOL's horn.  Who's tootin it?  ALLVOL, that's who!

Whatever you say.  Because I think your favorite player and coach are average, I can't possibly be objective.  I am simply saying these things out of pure spite and hatred for all things Tennessee.  Get over yourself. 
What? Your a tool. Pearl is the only Head BB coach we have so yes he ranks there. Chism is a good baller but Tyler is my favorite. You are about the only regular poster on this site who seems bent on being an ass about all things UT so I say you are spot on.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 10:52:02 am
What? Your a tool. Pearl is the only Head BB coach we have so yes he ranks there. Chism is a good baller but Tyler is my favorite. You are about the only regular poster on this site who seems bent on being an ass about all things UT so I say you are spot on.

Chism is decent, Smith is good.  Smith will be able to make it at the next level because he can score inside and out, but can create his own shots. 

Pearl is an average coach, who will never succeed past the regular season.  His style is not conducive to beating good teams consistently.  So, he might beat a few good teams because he has a bunch of good athletes and a few guys that can get hot from three.  Problem is, he doesn't have a bunch of good basketball players.   That is not subjectivity talking.  The subjective part is what you consider an above average coach.  To me, a coach that piles up a bunch of regular season wins, only to get a high seed in the NCAAT and get knocked out before the Elite 8 every year, is an average coach.  I think he's a hype machine that plays an exciting style of basketball.  That's all.

I don't dislike Tennessee at all.  I don't dislike you at all.  I don't dislike Chism or Pearl.  I am just calling it how I see it.  You can think whatever you want about me, I don't care.

The Hogfather

And if you are trying to call me a tool, at least learn English first.

You're = You are = You are a tool. = Great Success
Your = Your = Your a tool. = FAIL

Thanks.

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 05, 2009, 11:08:01 am
And if you are trying to call me a tool, at least learn English first.

You're = You are = You are a tool. = Great Success
Your = Your = Your a tool. = FAIL

Thanks.
I stand corrected Miss Crumm.

How's this? You are a tool.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 11:15:43 am
I stand corrected Miss Crumm.

How's this? You are a tool.

Better English.  Still an incorrect premise, though.

ccarter23000

HognotinMemphis

I think it would have been enjoyable for all if Pelphrey had gone Woody Hayes on the TN player who walked through the handjive BS that Fortson and Welsh were going through. Alternatively, I would have also enjoyed watching Pel go Woody Hayes on TN's coach. I bet Pel could make him cry.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ALLVOL

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 05, 2009, 02:56:41 pm
I think it would have been enjoyable for all if Pelphrey had gone Woody Hayes on the TN player who walked through the handjive BS that Fortson and Welsh were going through. Alternatively, I would have also enjoyed watching Pel go Woody Hayes on TN's coach. I bet Pel could make him cry.
How about seeing him Go Woody H on the Hog players for talking serious smack or throwing elbows and punches and shoving? Both teams were talking but the Hogs threw the elbows. If Sanchez would have spent more time playing ball and less time trying to hit somebody maybe he could have helped you win the game. UT tried their best to give it away by going back outside and shooting instead of going inside where they had the obvious advantage.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 03:13:34 pm
How about seeing him Go Woody H on the Hog players for talking serious smack or throwing elbows and punches and shoving? Both teams were talking but the Hogs threw the elbows. If Sanchez would have spent more time playing ball and less time trying to hit somebody maybe he could have helped you win the game. UT tried their best to give it away by going back outside and shooting instead of going inside where they had the obvious advantage.

tell that to your brilliant coach. if an armchair qb can see it, why can't he?

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

ALLVOL

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 05, 2009, 03:26:32 pm
tell that to your brilliant coach. if an armchair qb can see it, why can't he?

I guess the Hog players did EVERYTHING Pel told them? Pearl was all on them about it. The team is getting better at their Half court O. We dont have a good enough PG or good enough shooters to run what he likes to run. If they continue to improve they might be alright. If not it will be a very short March.

hawgsav1

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 03:13:34 pm

Yeah...the same group of punks that start talking sh** to an opposing team's coach.  And we're the ones that threw elbows.  Please. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 05, 2009, 03:53:30 pm
Yeah...the same group of punks that start talking sh** to an opposing team's coach.  And we're the ones that threw elbows.  Please. 
J Smith is not on this team. Maybe you didnt know that. But if you were at the game you would have seen what I'm talking about. The Hog fans around me were even talking about it. Fortsen should have gotten a Tech called.

hawgsav1

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 04:02:09 pm
J Smith is not on this team. Maybe you didnt know that. But if you were at the game you would have seen what I'm talking about. The Hog fans around me were even talking about it. Fortsen should have gotten a Tech called.

Yes, I'm well aware that Jajuan Smith is not on the team.  But he wasn't the only one talking a lot of smack.  It's indicative of the team's mentality when a player does something idiotic like that.  He was just the one that got told off by Pelphrey.  Btw, Fortson did get a tech called on him.  It was a double technical on both players.