Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$107.66

Started by HoggyCat, November 15, 2012, 08:29:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Per month.

That's what JLS said his net income is in a new article. The bankruptcy attorney is digging really deep now.

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/usatoday/article/1705371&usatref=sportsmod?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cp
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

latrops

So, he will be gone in a couple of weeks. 

jgphillips3

To qualify for Chapter 7, his "disposable" income after all allowable expenses has to be in that range. If it exceeded that, he could not stay in Chapter 7.  That's all there is to that.

HoggyCat

Quote from: latrops on November 15, 2012, 08:33:03 am
So, he will be gone in a couple of weeks.

Him being gone in two weeks doesn't remove the black eye that the University has by deferring his income.

The same way firing Petrino doesn't stop any lawsuit that could still be filed against the University.

nwarazfan

Knew it was Schrotenboer who wrote the piece before clicking the link.  He has a curious interest in JLS' case.  At least this one wasn't slanted like some of his past writings.  Hope JLS makes it through this okay. 

hobhog

You don't understand how bankruptcy works.

Leave the guy alone for cryin out loud......he's done.

Hawgon

Some of us tried to tell you that his arrangement for the bulk of his salary to be deferred was darned near fraudulent if not all the way.  Going to be a black eye for the university.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Nothing is fraudulent if it is disclosed.  Was the contract disclosed to the Court, or are you simply angry and ignorant of the law?  What do you know about bankruptcy?

My point it, there's enough BS going around this season.  Why shovel more of it on top of yourself? 

Quote from: Hawgon on November 15, 2012, 09:06:08 am
Some of us tried to tell you that his arrangement for the bulk of his salary to be deferred was darned near fraudulent if not all the way.  Going to be a black eye for the university.

latrops

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2012, 08:44:37 am
Him being gone in two weeks doesn't remove the black eye that the University has by deferring his income.

The same way firing Petrino doesn't stop any lawsuit that could still be filed against the University.

The only black eye is the 4 win 2012 season.  Nobody cares about the interim coach's financial problems...nothing from that will linger beyond this season.  He is gone in a matter of weeks....something for us all to give thanks next Thursday.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 15, 2012, 09:16:41 am
Nothing is fraudulent if it is disclosed.  Was the contract disclosed to the Court, or are you simply angry and ignorant of the law?  What do you know about bankruptcy?

My point it, there's enough BS going around this season.  Why shovel more of it on top of yourself?

Some of you guys cant admit jeff long took us all for a ride.

Jeff long is a phony, a liar, a charlatan, and the reason we suck

kingcam25

why is this even on here?? give the guy a break!!

Ash

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 15, 2012, 09:16:41 am

^ This

The creditor is doing his due dillegence and filed an objection to the case. The creditor, JLS, and the trustee will attempt to work out the details and the judge will oversee. This is how bankruptcies work.

I will be surprised if he is not forced to convert his case to a Ch. 13 at some point. The only way he is getting under the limit for the means test is by making some pretty outrageous claims about his living expenses.

99toLife

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 15, 2012, 09:34:47 am
Some of you guys cant admit jeff long took us all for a ride.

Jeff long is a phony, a liar, a charlatan, and the reason we suck

It's because that is not true.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Hawgon on November 15, 2012, 09:06:08 am

And that's my point.

99toLife

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2012, 02:27:20 pm
And that's my point.

What point,JLS so far has not done anything illegal in any way and fraud is illegal.

HoggyCat

Quote from: 99toLife on November 15, 2012, 02:31:04 pm
What point,JLS so far has not done anything illegal in any way and fraud is illegal.

And you know this how? I believe that is why there is an INVESTIGATION.

99toLife

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2012, 03:25:18 pm
And you know this how? I believe that is why there is an INVESTIGATION.

Bankruptcy by definition is an investigation, not one thing so far has said he has done anything illegal.

HoggyCat

Quote from: 99toLife on November 15, 2012, 03:32:49 pm
Bankruptcy by definition is an investigation, not one thing so far has said he has done anything illegal.

Why is the bankruptcy attorney wanting everything all of a sudden?

Everything meaning phone records, recorded conversations, any and all correspondence. It's all been added, and the attorney is getting more agitated. If there's nothing to it, then why is JLS delaying the requested documents??

99toLife

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2012, 03:41:46 pm

Everything meaning phone records, recorded conversations, any and all correspondence. It's all been added, and the attorney is getting more agitated. If there's nothing to it, then why is JLS delaying the requested documents??

It's all normal.  Relax

Ash

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 15, 2012, 03:41:46 pm

It is an attorney for his creditors. It is completely normal in the course of a bankruptcy for stuff like this to happen. Most likely outcome is his bankruptcy gets changed to a ch. 13 if anything changes at all.