Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Wealth In The Ground' Best Bet to Survive the Coming 'Supernova of Inflations'

Started by Silver Hog, February 04, 2012, 05:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Hog

Precious metals,
physical commodities,
mining stocks are going to be the only way to escape the coming

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/martenson-interviews-dines-wealth-ground-your-best-bet-surviving-coming-supernova-inflations

James Dines has been in the business of making bold calls for over 50 years. In this deep-diving interview, he minces no words about the dire risks the US economy - and the world at large - faces at this juncture.

Simply put, he sees the excessive credit in the financial system as having placed the global economy on a collision-course with hyperinflation.

Unlike past periods of turmoil, there are no truly 'safe' places for investment capital to hide. Geographic markets and almost all asset classes are positively correlated these days. They share many of the same risks and if a systemic crash occurs, they will crash together.

At this point, says Mr Dines, you want to invest in assets that can not be printed away by government desperation. You want to hold hard assets; "wealth in the ground" as Dines says (physical commodities, mining companies, etc). They're your best best to make money faster at a rate faster than inflation is going to happen.

OldPoop

Amen!

Miles Franklin Precious Metals Investment Events
Webinar: Precious Metals Investing Myths & Realities

Monday February 13th
4:00pm - 5:00pm CST

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/events

Miles  Franklin Ltd. is proud to present "Precious Metals Investing: Myths  & Realities", a special Webinar event featuring Andy Schectman,  president of Miles Franklin Precious Metals, and "Ranting Andy" Hoffman,  Marketing Director.  This is a FREE informational webinar event.

The presentation is focused on the fundamentals that have driven the  12-year Precious Metals bull market, as well as factors likely to  predominate in 2012 and beyond.  It will dispel common myths about gold  and silver's monetary properties, discuss key issues shunned by the  mainstream media, and describe various Precious Metals investment  alternatives.

This is an audio/visual presentation.  Attendees  of the webinar will have the opportunity to pose questions to the  presenters.  This webinar is limited to 500 registrants.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: OldPoop on February 06, 2012, 10:14:43 am
Amen!

Miles Franklin Precious Metals Investment Events
Webinar: Precious Metals Investing Myths & Realities

Monday February 13th
4:00pm - 5:00pm CST

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/events

Miles  Franklin Ltd. is proud to present "Precious Metals Investing: Myths  & Realities", a special Webinar event featuring Andy Schectman,  president of Miles Franklin Precious Metals, and "Ranting Andy" Hoffman,  Marketing Director.  This is a FREE informational webinar event.

The presentation is focused on the fundamentals that have driven the  12-year Precious Metals bull market, as well as factors likely to  predominate in 2012 and beyond.  It will dispel common myths about gold  and silver's monetary properties, discuss key issues shunned by the  mainstream media, and describe various Precious Metals investment  alternatives.

This is an audio/visual presentation.  Attendees  of the webinar will have the opportunity to pose questions to the  presenters.  This webinar is limited to 500 registrants.
I'm shocked!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

A lot of wing nuts make bold calls. The important part is how often they are correct. I'm not aware of excessive credit in the financial system at the moment. No one is borrowing. No bank is lending. Hard assets pay you nothing while you wait for their value to rise. You can't buy food with stock of a gold mining company. You can buy food with the cash dividend payment from a company like Kraft, Pepsi, Novartis, Vodafone, Kimberly Clark, Conoco-Phillips, et al.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

snoblind

I suspect the "excessive credit in the financial system" refers to sovereign debt, et al.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: snoblind on February 06, 2012, 07:50:21 pm
I suspect the "excessive credit in the financial system" refers to sovereign debt, et al.
Well, that's debatable. Lot of strings attached to that credit.

snoblind