Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 things the Toy store will not tell you. Christmas is only 11 months away!

Started by DeltaBoy, January 24, 2011, 12:15:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Silver Hog

Craig's list, garage sales and eBay buddy!  The only thing we buy new are super-soakers in the summer.  We are blessed with a kid who doesn't demand the latest and greatest.  He understands the value of waiting a bit for the prices to come down. His mother even taught him the art of haggling on prices.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: swisshog on January 24, 2011, 03:30:24 pm
Craig's list, garage sales and eBay buddy!  The only thing we buy new are super-soakers in the summer.  We are blessed with a kid who doesn't demand the latest and greatest.  He understands the value of waiting a bit for the prices to come down. His mother even taught him the art of haggling on prices.
Dave?  Is that you??  How is Sharon these days?

PP

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ftsmithmike

I bought toys for twenty kids this year on Walmart.com in mid Dec. Got free site to store shipping. I spent on everage 20 bucks per kid and was every ones favorite uncle again. There is no good reason to buy 11 months early unless you are set on a certain gift and want to shop around til you find it below retail.

One mans junk is another mans treasure and that goes for retail giants as well. Your not gonna get an Ipad that way but you could grab an HP mini for 250 bucks and you dont have to bid on anything or filter through craigslist.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

DeltaBoy

I was taught to never pay full price if you can avoid it.   I use the O , Ebay, Amazon and Walmarts ship to store.