Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saint Gustavus is on his way out

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, September 17, 2016, 09:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

The Barners will not tolerate seasons like this is shaping up to be. He's being exposed as a fraud and definitely not a developer of qb's

imo

PP

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 17, 2016, 09:27:02 pm
The Barners will not tolerate seasons like this is shaping up to be. He's being exposed as a fraud and definitely not a developer of qb's

imo

PP

Maybe he will end back at ASU.....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pulled(PP)pork

And his bestus friend Art Briles replaces him

PP

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 17, 2016, 09:42:40 pm
And his bestus friend Art Briles replaces him

PP

He would fit in well with the Barner culture.

go hogues

All that rah rah "Gus is paht of tha Awwbuhn fam-uh-lee" bs from his introductory presser seems like ages ago. He'll probably go be someone's OC. I can't imagine his ego allowing him to take a head job not in the SEC. Maybe UK will hire him?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

kodiakisland

Second longest home losing streak to P5 teams.  Impressive!
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Pulled(PP)pork

It would continue the tradition of sh!tcanning the HC, two years removed from NC game

PP

jfred59

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 17, 2016, 09:41:50 pm
Maybe he will end back at ASU.....

Hell no, we dont want that liar back up there

tusksincolorado

Quote from: jfred59 on September 17, 2016, 10:09:04 pm
Hell no, we dont want that liar back up there

Don't blame you....I wouldnt want him either.

Captain Morgan

imo

PP
didn't this guy get in the college football hierarchy by pimping recruits?

NuttinItUp

On the plus side, a high school team will have a top notch coach next year.

SpanHog

imo

PP

And now a moment of silence for Saint Gustavus aaaaand time's up.
So much for "ALL IN" :P
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Justifiable Hogicide

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WesleySinor/status/778308862969544704

Quote"I've been at Auburn for seven years now, experienced some very good times, a few rough times," Malzahn said. "The last two losses have probably hurt me worse than any of the others. I fully understand our fan base is disappointed, and they should be.

"The bottom line is we've got to coach our players better, and that starts with me. The fact is, we're close. As a matter of fact, we're real close to being a good team and we're going to get this thing turned around."

Following the loss to the Aggies, Auburn's 10th in its last 12 SEC games, Malzahn drew plenty of criticism from fans. Several members of the national media expressed their belief that Malzahn's days on the Plains may be numbered if drastic improvement is not made. After going 12-2 in his first season, Malzahn's Tigers dropped to 8-5 in 2014, 7-6 in 2015 and 1-2 so far this season.

"I definitely feel their pain," Malzahn said of the fans. "I know the Auburn family and I know their expectations. I don't read social media, I just know. They expect us to play good football and I hurt too. Matter of fact, like I just said we've got to do a better job — I gotta do a better job. And we're going to."

Auburn's defense has turned three solid performances against Clemson, Arkansas State and Texas A&M, but the offense has been sporadic thus far.

The Tigers rotated three quarterbacks in the opener and managed only 262 yards and 13 points. Malzahn stuck with Sean White at quarterback the following week against Arkansas State and the offense exploded for 51 points and 706 yards, the second most of Malzahn's tenure as a head coach on the Plains. But in Week 3, the Tigers took a step back...

"As the leader, you've got to inspire them," Malzahn said. "You've got to keep them together. They know we're close. Players know... We had opportunities on the plus side of the field, and they didn't score. Well, your players know that you're close. You just need to take that next step. And we will do that. I'm confident we'll do that."

Auburn currently has 32 plays of negative yardage, which ranks dead last in our nation.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/781164083047501824

QuoteMalzahn tends to err on the side of caution when speaking with the media, but a different side of the Auburn head coach is beginning to emerge.

Things [seem to be different] with the Tigers' coaching staff in the last two weeks and how Malzahn's willingness to let offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee handle play-calling could help the team improve.