Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will people please stop comparing the past with the present.

Started by Piggfoot, September 29, 2017, 08:49:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

We are in the SEC now. Records from the SWC and coaches from that era are not applicable to discussions about the Razorbacks of today nor is comparisons with teams from other conferences.
Comparing the old SWC to todays SEC is comparing White to Black. Football today is a game composed of the entire population of the US. When we won the NC, 15 % of the population were excluded from playing.
That is the past. Talk about the present and the SEC Razorbacks.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

sickboy

Good luck. There's literally no end to the "Houston Nutt was better than this" or the "Make Ken Hatfield the AD" or the "I remeber when we used to steam roll A&M and TCU" threads. They'll never die. Because the past is always better than the present if you never leave the past.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GTOWNHOG

We have been in the SEC since 1992.  That's 25 years.  WE have not won an SEC Championship in football.  The last conference championship that we won was in 1989......in the SWC......
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Martygit

To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child.

CICERO

RIP OTR, REV

Martygit

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 29, 2017, 09:14:32 pm
We have been in the SEC since 1992.  That's 25 years.  WE have not won an SEC Championship in football.  The last conference championship that we won was in 1989......in the SWC......

What he said.............
RIP OTR, REV

lakecityhog

We have played for the championship 3 times, that's twice more than MSU, 3 times more than Ole Miss and ATM. 3 teams have played for the championship the most from the west Bama, LSU and Auburn and Auburn/LSU have only been there 5 times each in 25 years.

So don't try to act like Arkansas doesn't belong because we do! Your crappy poor little me attitude is getting old very fast!

Martygit

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 29, 2017, 09:27:12 pm
We have played for the championship 3 times, that's twice more than MSU, 3 times more than Ole Miss and ATM. 3 teams have played for the championship the most from the west Bama, LSU and Auburn and Auburn/LSU have only been there 5 times each in 25 years.

So don't try to act like Arkansas doesn't belong because we do! Your crappy poor little me attitude is getting old very fast!

Keep deluding yourself- I'm sure it makes you feel better
RIP OTR, REV

From Tusk Till Dawn

I want to see the razorbacks win as much as anyone else and feel like we have underachieved since bielemas second year.  I've looked at the last 3 years schedules and thought about games we should have won.  We should have been a 9 win team in 2014, 10 maybe 11 wins in 2015 and 9 last year.  Then i got to thinking about what that would mean, how often we have had 9 win seasons.  So for those of you that loved the glory days and those complaining about the present state, have a look at our results for the past 25 years.  We have had like 6 seasons of 9 wins or more.  I am hopeful that we figure out how to stop snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.  If we do we could be as good as we have been 6 times previosly in 25 years...

LZH

Quote from: MartinGit on September 29, 2017, 09:49:36 pm
Keep deluding yourself- I'm sure it makes you feel better

It actually does....i do it every day.

popcornhog

Quote from: sickboy on September 29, 2017, 09:04:40 pm
Good luck. There's literally no end to the "Houston Nutt was better than this" or the "Make Ken Hatfield the AD" or the "I remeber when we used to steam roll A&M and TCU" threads. They'll never die. Because the past is always better than the present if you never leave the past.

I tend to think that the present and future are usually better than the past.

However, if the conversation is just about Arkansas football, much of the past was better than the present. Our SEC record under the current regime is worse than it was under almost every other coach in the SEC era.
WPS

lakecityhog

Tusks

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 29, 2017, 09:27:12 pm

They don't think this electricity thingy is going to stay.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawghiggs

Nebraska is also having issues in the current football environment. Maybe its time to build a new conference. It may seem silly. But with todays media environment anything is possible.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 29, 2017, 10:50:43 pm
Nebraska is also having issues in the current football environment. Maybe its time to build a new conference. It may seem silly. But with todays media environment anything is possible.

I think the system is just stacked in certain programs' favor. And I think kids are bought just like what your'e hearing about with the FBI stuff coming down in College Basketball. The whole thing is sketchy and not about parity. It's about making money off of these massive programs like Bama and Florida State.

DoctorSusscrofa

This thread is just another one of those "don't dare disagree with me, because I'm the only one who's right" threads. People will post whatever they like. Deal with it.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 29, 2017, 08:49:02 pm
We are in the SEC now. Records from the SWC and coaches from that era are not applicable to discussions about the Razorbacks of today nor is comparisons with teams from other conferences.
Comparing the old SWC to todays SEC is comparing White to Black. Football today is a game composed of the entire population of the US. When we won the NC, 15 % of the population were excluded from playing.

Yeah ill talk 2017 SEC. Its not good bro. This isn't the SEC from a decade ago and quit acting like it is. The SEC being very down is why its more disappointing. The SEC teams are worse and Arkansas remains the same. Fans have every right to be upset.

buldozer

In the last 10 years we had back to back winning seasons with 10 and 11 wins respectively. That just shows that this thread is BS. I don't care who the coach is, I want a winning season where the hogs are relevant in the national discussion once in awhile. 2010 & 2011 just blow holes in the theory that Arkansas can not win in the SEC and could only win in the SWC. I call BS.

Swestwill66

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 29, 2017, 10:50:43 pm

We Used to Win conference: HOGS, Longhorns, Cornhuskers, Fighting Irish, Hurricanes, Volunteers, Gators......who else ?

Rzback

I just don't understand Razorback fans acceptance of mediocrity but it is what it is.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Hoggie17

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 29, 2017, 08:49:02 pm
In all sports records are taken that's why we know that Babe Ruth was the first to hit 60 home runs, that's why we know Secretariat was the best American Thoroughbred race horse to ever win a race in the US.