Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One hopes

Started by BrassNunchucks, December 11, 2015, 08:19:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrassNunchucks

The source "familiar with the situation" in this column today by an ESPN reporter isn't the random Georgia fan named Bimbo who hit him up on Twitter earlier this week. 

Lake City Hog

Is Enos even interested in leaving?
One of our media types need to simply ask Enos point blank if he is interested in moving to Georgia. Enos can shoot this down very quickly.

ricepig

I'm pretty sure our lawyers knew what they put in the contract, and as mentioned above, what makes anyone think he would want to leave?

tophawg19

Arkansas would first have to give permission for Smart to talk to him. otherwise it's an NCAA violation
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 11, 2015, 08:40:49 pm
Arkansas would first have to give permission for Smart to talk to him. otherwise it's an NCAA violation

Not really, we didn't ask Wisconsin for permission, haha.

NuttinItUp

I think it is more of a common courtesy unwritten-rule thing.

Hawghiggs

If ENOs wants to go then let him. I don't want any coach that doesn't want to be here. We paid him a fair amount of money and we could pay the next guy the same.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2015, 08:41:43 pm
Not really, we didn't ask Wisconsin for permission, haha.
uhm... Bret wrote a letter to Jeff Long that said," I'm inspired by blah blah and would love an AD blah blah and congrats on putting morals over winning"
Basically said I want the job.
Very different
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ricepig

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 11, 2015, 08:50:22 pm
uhm... Bret wrote a letter to Jeff Long that said," I'm inspired by blah blah and would love an AD blah blah and congrats on putting morals over winning"
Basically said I want the job.
Very different

It still isn't an violation, just common courtesy.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 11, 2015, 08:36:55 pm
One of our media types need to simply ask Enos point blank if he is interested in moving to Georgia. Enos can shoot this down very quickly.

No sheet! Ha ha...

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 11, 2015, 08:36:55 pm
He will meet with the media tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure this will be one of the first questions asked.

The Boar War

What's the difference between a non compete and the actual contract that was signed stating that he would be at Arkansas?  Even if he didn't have a non compete he would still be breaking the contract if he left early.  What's the reason for an addendum to a contract that's being broken anyway?

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on December 11, 2015, 09:03:34 pm
What's the difference between a non compete and the actual contract that was signed stating that he would be at Arkansas?  Even if he didn't have a non compete he would still be breaking the contract if he left early.  What's the reason for an addendum to a contract that's being broken anyway?

Because there is a buyout in the contract, thus the reason for the non-compete with the SEC schools.

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2015, 09:06:37 pm
Because there is a buyout in the contract, thus the reason for the non-compete with the SEC schools.

The buyout is only for SEC schools?

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on December 11, 2015, 09:07:33 pm
The buyout is only for SEC schools?

No, the buyout is for other schools, the non-compete is for SEC schools.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: The Boar War on December 11, 2015, 09:03:34 pm
As long as the buyout is paid, then there is no breaking of the contract if he went to a non-SEC school.

The Boar War

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 11, 2015, 09:08:47 pm
As long as the buyout is paid, then there is no breaking of the contract if he went to a non-SEC school.

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2015, 09:08:47 pm
No, the buyout is for other schools, the non-compete is for SEC schools.

Got it.  No buyout (no matter how large the offer) is applicable to SEC schools.

BearsBisonsBoars

I'm confused by the title of the thread.

Hog_Swanson

I for one, will wait to hear from Mike Irwin be for I let the HV "blow up" affect my thoughts.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: The Boar War on December 11, 2015, 09:13:02 pm
Got it.  No buyout (no matter how large the offer) is applicable to SEC schools.
"no matter how large the offer"
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that. If they offered us $1 billion, we would probably tear up the contract and let him go to an SEC school.

reddogjcss

I don't think he wants to leave! A raise hell yea everyone wants a raise! Two more years at Ark with great offense he can be a coach at any major college. Power 5.
He's got offense going his way with no fall off in near future, or go start all over again for a guy who's never been a head coach.
I think he stays at Ark two more years and offense shines then he can pick a job.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 11, 2015, 08:52:33 pm
He will meet with the media tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure this will be one of the first questions asked.
Saturday afternoon presser? Hmmm....something must be up!
Quick, someone grab the "Uncommon" Farm Bureau Hog Backdrop. Stat.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

greenEGnHAWGS

I honestly think that Enos doesn't want to leave but he has had a great season and is the perfect time to cash in. So, just like Pittman, the best way to maximize his raise is to entertain other coaching jobs.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Boar War on December 11, 2015, 09:13:02 pm

I believe that is the way it is. If Notre Dame came calling for one of our Assistants they could pay the buyout and sign our coach. If Georgia comes calling, the buyout is a side issue with an agreed-upon non-compete in their contracts regarding other SEC schools. SEC schools (and perhaps any school that we currently have on our schedule for the next 4 years or so) would be the only places that they weren't allowed to go.
Go Hogs Go!

COCHISE

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on December 11, 2015, 09:26:58 pm
I'm confused by the title of the thread.
I'm assuming the OP hopes any coaching change may have to do with Enos as opposed to Pittman.

BR

FootballScoop can now share that Pitt OC Jim Chaney will be the new offensive coordinator for Kirby Smart at UGA
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ldfergu

Well you don't have to worry about losing Enos to UGA anymore.. Apparently they hired Chaney

MissippHog

"SHARE TWEET EMAIL
Since 1999 all sources remain confidential. Mail@FootballScoop.com or 225.229.3429

Saturday December 12, 2015

VC680

Georgia: Sources confirmed to us Pitt offensive coordinator Jim Chaney will be the offensive coordinator at Georgia. Sources tell us to expect Arkansas offensive line coach Sam Pittman to join him."

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BR on December 12, 2015, 08:28:32 am
FootballScoop can now share that Pitt OC Jim Chaney will be the new offensive coordinator for Kirby Smart at UGA

I guess they had to hire someone.
Go Hogs Go!

Tim Harris

The hire of Chaney makes the other rumors seem quite possible.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

YtownHog

Oh the name Pittman was mentioned. Guess this will go to V&R too. Even though all the signs are pointing to something actually happening.

ldfergu

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 12, 2015, 08:34:49 am

Yep. Maybe CSP is tired of how hard he has to work on the recruiting trail here. Definitely easier to UGA..

porkinsons disease

Looks like the CSP rumor has legs. I sure hope we keep him
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Nosboar Accubond

Pittman? To V&R in 3... 2... 1...

COCHISE

I can't ever tell if it's a legit rumor or the work of an agent.

JBoroHog

Losing Enos would be a tough one. Hopefully we are ok. Losing Pittman is bad. I didn't see it coming either. Crap. Crap

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 12, 2015, 08:34:49 am

Nothing but rumor at this point and threads that indicate that it is a fact have been moved to the appropriate place.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogtimes

Sorry...that is not correct