Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson Watch...

Started by N HOG, February 07, 2009, 09:06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

N HOG

Following road wins at Texass and Iowa State,

20-4 overall, 7-2 in conference play.

mizzouman

Won at Okie St as well, but we had bad losses at Nebraska and K-State.  Overall, however, very pleased so far.  3 conf road wins so far, not bad...

N HOG

Quote from: mizzouman on February 07, 2009, 09:09:03 pm
Won at Okie St as well, but we had bad losses at Nebraska and K-State.  Overall, however, very pleased so far.  3 conf road wins so far, not bad...

And, to reference Larry Johnson in his famous comment to Nolan -- you have some MENS.

rude1

Wish him well, but sickening at the the same time. To think we passed this guy over for Heath.

N HOG

Quote from: rude1 on February 07, 2009, 09:11:24 pm
Wish him well, but sickening at the the same time. To think we passed this guy over for Heath.

And Pel.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Ouachihog

Ok I'll say it...

The question is, would he ever come back?
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Table Rocker

Pel won 20+ games last year with a veteran team too

TuckerRay

Would take Mike in a minute over present coach. 

olivebranchhog

Quote from: TuckerRay on February 07, 2009, 09:48:39 pm

I want a chance to coach this team. And ill take two other people on this board with me. I bet we could beat auburn with the hogville coaching.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

N HOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 09:41:29 pm
Pel won 20+ games last year with a veteran team too

Compare Mike's C-USA record to Pel's Sun Belt record and get back with me.

Table Rocker

Yes because how the coaches performed in the c-usa and sunbelt should determine which is a better d1/bcs conference coach- great logic.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 10:07:30 pm
Yes because how the coaches performed in the c-usa and sunbelt should determine which is a better d1/bcs conference coach- great logic.

Whats the beef with Mike A
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

Table Rocker

Nothing against mike A but I think its ridiculous to say we should've hired him before pel even finishes his 2nd season. How'd mizzou do last year?

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 10:09:57 pm
Nothing against mike A but I think its ridiculous to say we should've hired him before pel even finishes his 2nd season. How'd mizzou do last year?

I agree its too soon to boot Pel, but Mike would have had us together better than heath would have and we wouldnt have needed Pel. 

This year biggest problem is Inexperience(Coach and Players) and size.  Pel is not a lame duck yet this board is full of fickle fans that dont know the difference between their butt and a hole in the ground when it comes to coaching.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

TuckerRay

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 10:09:57 pm

So how long do you stay with a bad coach?

Table Rocker

So you want to fire a coach after 2 seasons tucker? Yeah, coaches would come crawling to come to a place that will give them 2 years (and one year of their own recruits). Firing pel after this year would make us a bigger laughingstock than anything we do on the court.

N HOG

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 07, 2009, 10:15:03 pm
I agree its too soon to boot Pel, but Mike would have had us together better than heath would have and we wouldnt have needed Pel. 

This year biggest problem is Inexperience(Coach and Players) and size.  Pel is not a lame duck yet this board is full of fickle fans that dont know the difference between their butt and a hole in the ground when it comes to coaching.

So assuming you know more than the typical poster on here, you think this is a well-coached team?

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 10:18:06 pm
So you want to fire a coach after 2 seasons tucker? Yeah, coaches would come crawling to come to a place that will give them 2 years (and one year of their own recruits). Firing pel after this year would make us a bigger laughingstock than anything we do on the court.
Cosign firing Pell is not going to help this
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Coondog Hog

Quote from: N HOG on February 07, 2009, 10:19:00 pm
So assuming you know more than the typical poster on here, you think this is a well-coached team?

I know enogh to know that this is Pels real first year with his players, do you remeber Nolans first couple of years or Eddies?  I'll hang up and listen.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

TuckerRay

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 10:18:06 pm

So let's let him stink for five years then fire him.

Hoggy Bear

For Christ's sake people, we went to the tourney last year, won a tourney game which we never did under Heath, then lost the top 6 scorers and all the inside presence off the team last year.  There is gonna be a dropoff.  Yes, this year isn't going like I hoped it would, but is it unexpected?  I don't think so.

Table Rocker

Quote from: TuckerRay on February 07, 2009, 10:25:30 pm
So let's let him stink for five years then fire him.

did i say that?

Niels Boar

Quote from: mizzouman on February 07, 2009, 09:09:03 pm

K-State has won five in a row.  In fact, both K-State and Nebraska have moved a half game up on Texas to tie for fourth in the Big 12.  They are #68 and #69 in the RPI.  They would not be bad losses to the NCAATC at present.  I'm looking forward to the Missouri-Kansas matchup Monday night.

N HOG

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 07, 2009, 10:20:46 pm
I know enogh to know that this is Pels real first year with his players, do you remeber Nolans first couple of years or Eddies?  I'll hang up and listen.

Okay, I'll give it a shot:

Second year conference record:

Eddie -- 9-7
Nolan -- 8-8
Pel (so far) -- 1-7.

Are you still on the phone and listening?

Razorbacks#1

February 07, 2009, 10:40:08 pm #25 Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:42:00 pm by Razorbacks#1
Quote from: TuckerRay on February 07, 2009, 10:15:44 pm
So how long do you stay with a bad coach?

You sir = idiot
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: N HOG on February 07, 2009, 10:38:59 pm
Okay, I'll give it a shot:

Second year conference record:

Eddie -- 9-7
Nolan -- 8-8
Pel (so far) -- 1-7.

Are you still on the phone and listening?

Link
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

razorbackfan

Quote from: TuckerRay on February 07, 2009, 09:48:39 pm
Let's see in Mike Anderson's 1st season the mighty Tigers went 7-9 in the little 12 & 18-12 overall...2nd season had to be alot better right...WRONG...6-10 (little 12) & 16-16 overall.  How about if your going to be ignorant at least post this CRAP over there where you belong...On the Missouri board, im sure they could use some new fans

N HOG

Quote from: Coondog Hog on February 07, 2009, 10:41:59 pm
Link

I'm having trouble linking it, but it's in the Arkansas basketball media guide:

Eddie Sutton conference record in 1975-76 -- 9-7

Nolan Richardson conference record in 1986-87 -- 8-8.

chiefsfan

Quote from: N HOG on February 07, 2009, 10:52:14 pm
I'm having trouble linking it, but it's in the Arkansas basketball media guide:

Eddie Sutton conference record in 1975-76 -- 9-7

Nolan Richardson conference record in 1986-87 -- 8-8.

They didnt compete in the SEC though.   They played in a bad basketball conference
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Very glad Mike A. is doing well.  The problem isn't that we hired Pel over Mike A.  We didn't!

If we were going to hire Mike we would have had to fire Heath a year earlier.  Mike wouldn't have left Mizzou after a year.  He's just not that type of guy.  Also The relationship with Nolan was still very strained so there is still no guarantee that Mike would have left UAB to come here, possible, but I'm not sure if possible.

Could have kept Mike A after Nolan was gone.  If we would have done that, might have avoided the whole lawsuit thing altogehter, but we will never know.  Mike A may or may not have been successful.  The best thing Mike did was go to UAB build his rep on that level and then move up.

What Mike's situation at Mizzou is teaching us is that you might need to give a BBall coach at least 3 years.  He really didn't start to get things going there until this year.  He was taking them in a whole new direction with the fastest 40 minutes and it didn't happen over night.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorbackfan

Forgot to add that Mike & the Mizzou Tigers failed to make a postseason tournament in the first 2 years

N HOG

Quote from: razorbackfan on February 07, 2009, 10:52:06 pm
Let's see in Mike Anderson's 1st season the mighty Tigers went 7-9 in the little 12 & 18-12 overall...2nd season had to be alot better right...WRONG...6-10 (little 12) & 16-16 overall.  How about if your going to be ignorant at least post this CRAP over there where you belong...On the Missouri board, im sure they could use some new fans

Uh....don't know if you noticed it or not, but we are 1-7.

Table Rocker

Quote from: N HOG on February 07, 2009, 11:10:17 pm
Uh....don't know if you noticed it or not, but we are 1-7.

you didn't address his points.

why weren't you crowing for MA the last couple years on here? he gets 3 years but pel doesn't? makes a TON of sense.

MF

4 true freshman
2 redshirt freshman
1 sophomore
2 juniors

If you guys think a team consisting of that lineup is going to win in the SEC, well it shows why you think Mike Anderson should be our coach.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2009, 10:59:40 pm
Very glad Mike A. is doing well.  The problem isn't that we hired Pel over Mike A.  We didn't!

If we were going to hire Mike we would have had to fire Heath a year earlier.  Mike wouldn't have left Mizzou after a year.  He's just not that type of guy.  Also The relationship with Nolan was still very strained so there is still no guarantee that Mike would have left UAB to come here, possible, but I'm not sure if possible.

Could have kept Mike A after Nolan was gone.  If we would have done that, might have avoided the whole lawsuit thing altogehter, but we will never know.  Mike A may or may not have been successful.  The best thing Mike did was go to UAB build his rep on that level and then move up.

What Mike's situation at Mizzou is teaching us is that you might need to give a BBall coach at least 3 years.  He really didn't start to get things going there until this year.  He was taking them in a whole new direction with the fastest 40 minutes and it didn't happen over night.

+1
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

N HOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 11:13:27 pm

you didn't address his points.

why weren't you crowing for MA the last couple years on here? he gets 3 years but pel doesn't? makes a TON of sense.

Okay. Give him three years -- fine with me.

There's always football, where we have an established, proven coach.

Table Rocker

Quote from: N HOG on February 07, 2009, 11:17:20 pm
Okay. Give him three years -- fine with me.

There's always football, where we have an established, proven coach.

but, but, he went 5-7 last year!?!?!

his 41-9 was done mostly in the weak C-USA!!!!!

N HOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 11:18:17 pm

Okay, you're right.

I think any reasonable person would look at the records and accomplishments of Pelphrey and Petrino and conclude they are about equal.

mizzouman

Dude, good one.  Give Pel a chance.  If there's no improvement next year, then you need to start to take a look. 

Table Rocker

Petrino's first season compares very much to pelphrey's second talent wise. Why don't you have the same patience with pel?

N HOG

41-9

44-40

Roughly the same.

Table Rocker

The Galloping Ghost

Tuckerray,
Since you're so concerned with the program, and I'm sure you want what's best for it, let me give you some advice...gather all the pseudo-fans that think and talk like you together...road trip down to White Rock...scurry on up to look-out point...tie logging chains around your necks, and JUMP!!! That would be BEST, under the current conditions!!
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

donewithdale

Another weekly Coach A thread.  His butt was right there next to Nolan's recruiting and coaching while our program went to hell yet some of you want him back?  I guess this is the only semi-realistic option to Pel that many of you can come up with.

N HOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 11:26:03 pm
I was mocking you.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Let me get this straight.

I noted that Pelphrey went 44-40 in the Sun Belt and you countered that Petrino went 41-9 in CUSA-Big East -- and that was mocking me.

You REALLY got me on that one. I'm totally embarrassed.

Table Rocker

You haven't answered my question about petrino's 5-7 vs. This years bball team. Petrino gets a pass his first year but pel doesn't in what is essentially his first year?

Table Rocker

By the way you don't need me to embarass you, your posts are doing the job just fine.

N HOG

Quote from: Table Rocker on February 07, 2009, 11:36:32 pm
You haven't answered my question about petrino's 5-7 vs. This years bball team. Petrino gets a pass his first year but pel doesn't in what is essentially his first year?

Okay, forget the records altogether.

If you can't see that Petrino is a proven coach and Pelphrey is not a proven coach, then I can't help you.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: donewithdale on February 07, 2009, 11:31:58 pm
Another weekly Coach A thread.  His butt was right there next to Nolan's recruiting and coaching while our program went to hell yet some of you want him back?  I guess this is the only semi-realistic option to Pel that many of you can come up with.

Nolan never quit recruiting, sanctions cut into our schollies and he refused to kiss the arse of some AAU pimps coaching a few good players.  He was starting to pull better players in his recruiting his last two years and has proved thus far to be the best thing the UofA has or ever will see as a basketball coach and 2nd isnt close.
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan