Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

has anyone fallen as far as us after national champs

Started by no3putts, February 07, 2009, 06:33:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

no3putts

it hasnt been 15 years since we were as dominant a school in bball as anyone in the country. Final 4's, nc, sweet 16's, elite 8's. Boy we fell far and fast. I know this is hard Cor some of u bc u can't blame nutt. Has another team that was so dominant had such a fall. Let's be honest, we barely found a coach. We couldnt even get mid major coaches to look at us. We were offering alot of money too. The teams we were battling against at those times are still there, we are a automatic W even in a weak down leauge . I think the farther we fall, the harder it will be to crack top 25. Now we know why we didnt get a sniff earlier this year

vandybuff

After the University of Chicago Lacrosse championship, my uncle Dave fell from the top of the Sears Tower -- does that qualify?

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

elkhog

who r u?  Nolan or relative of?  Gosh, give Pel at least one more year, then come back and yell.
GO HOGS!!!

blacksuit

I mean, there's the football team. You win a championship, no repeat in 30-40 years, then you have Nutt as the coach for almost a decade.

donewithdale

Marquette went nearly 30 years between Final 4s.
Louisville nearly 20 from NC to their next Final 4. 
Georgetown was mediocre for much of the 90s until lil Thompson got them back in a F4 for the first time since the 80s a couple of years ago.
UNLV
Maryland has been on a downhill slide.

Do some research and stop these dumbdale threads.

3kgthog

Michigan didn't win, but they've been worse than us for over a decade after their big run. Only now are they climbing out of the hole.

old hog

no3putt, isn't this the same kind of crap you started on MMQB and got flamed. Still haven't learned how to use spellcheck, either. If you seem to dislike Arkansas Razorback sports so much, why don't you find another team to root for. Do not need "fans" like you. Still think you are only 15 or 16.

SigHog87

Quote from: no3putts on February 07, 2009, 06:33:48 pm
it hasnt been 15 years since we were as dominant a school in bball as anyone in the country. Final 4's, nc, sweet 16's, elite 8's. Boy we fell far and fast. I know this is hard Cor some of u bc u can't blame nutt. Has another team that was so dominant had such a fall. Let's be honest, we barely found a coach. We couldnt even get mid major coaches to look at us. We were offering alot of money too. The teams we were battling against at those times are still there, we are a automatic W even in a weak down leauge . I think the farther we fall, the harder it will be to crack top 25. Now we know why we didnt get a sniff earlier this year

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO AWAY

WxHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 07, 2009, 07:45:14 pm
Michigan didn't win, but they've been worse than us for over a decade after their big run. Only now are they climbing out of the hole.
Michigan didn't win with the Fab 5 in the 90s, but did win a title in 1989.

Then they became a non-factor in the late 90s/2000s.

old hog

Quote from: elkhog on February 07, 2009, 06:45:22 pm
who r u?  Nolan or relative of?  Gosh, give Pel at least one more year, then come back and yell.
He spouts the same crap about football, also. "What we got Here is a Mississippi Troll, with a failure to communicate."

no3putts

Gtown and louisville had been to and won games in the dance. We went years without going or winning a game when we went. I know its hard for some of u to understand facts, u like living in next year or blaming someone. The facts are the truth, we fell farther than any team u can mention so close to a nt

SigHog87

Quote from: no3putts on February 07, 2009, 09:10:22 pm
Gtown and louisville had been to and won games in the dance. We went years without going or winning a game when we went. I know its hard for some of u to understand facts, u like living in next year or blaming someone. The facts are the truth, we fell farther than any team u can mention so close to a nt

Seriously? We didn't fall anywhere. I think you fell of the back of a truck and hit your head or something. But don't let the current facts and rankings cloud your judgment that we are a mid-major school.

kuhog

Maybe a better question would have been: how many other programs went from near elite status to nearly irrelevent in a fifteen year period.