Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The official Clark and Moore playing over Sanchez thread..

Started by Duckhog89, February 07, 2009, 04:02:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckhog89

bbulhogfan

sanchez didn't play much in the first half and there was definitely a huge difference. clark and moore didn't touch the floor in the second half and sanchez doesn't do crap for us. why the heck not play them? it's not like sanchez is helping our team

ICEman

I prefer the weight throw or the shot-put.  However, the javelin can be entertaining at times.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hogman21

I'll second that.  Why they didn't play a minuted in the second half is mind boggling.  Am I missing something, cause I thought they played pretty good in the first half.

TruthHog

Calmer than you are.

Breems

So irritating, who in their right mind would put Sanchez out there?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

deucea729

I'll second this motion.  Sanchez needs to gain about 3 steps of speed before he ever sees the floor again over either of those guys.  IMO, the rotation at the 4 spot (assuming Washington is the 5) should be:

1. Clark

2. Moore

3. Sanchez

The difference in athleticism, hands, etc., is just astounding...

Hawg_Wild03

The only thing I can think of is that he practices hard.  The kid has hardly any talent and plays like he is 6'1.

stchane

You would think that the more aggressive guy would get to play.  I thought the drive to the whole by (I think it was) Clark over Varnardo was pretty impressive and showed that he didn't care who the guy playing center for them was.  You would think that kind of attitude would warrant more playing time, especially over a worthless Sanchez...but I guess not. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Razorbacks_77

I cannot see a pro in the Sanchez column. So many cons though.

gohogsgo006

Sanchez looks lost out there. The best thing he does is swing his elbows in peoples faces. I have noticed this in almost every game, and i am quite surprised this was the first time he actually hit someone with it.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Duckhog89

He was getting out rebounded by their 6'3 and 6'4 guards all night.

dougieritch

I don't like to downgrade our players, but this one I have to agree on.

yraciv

You see what two minutes for Clark?  He sees these guys everyday in practice.  Sanchez has played over Clark for years in AAU.  Clark and Moore might have more potential, but they aren't there yet.  I'd trust the coaches decision.

bbulhogfan

sanchez does absolutely nothing to contribute except use his five fouls to perfection

TNhawgfan

I brought this up in the game thread and several people said Clark and Moore don't practice hard. I haven't seen a practice, so I don't know...but if it is because Pel thinks Sanchez is better then we are royally franked
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mellonhead

hogman21

I hope someone will ask Pel the reasoning of not playing Clark or Moore in the second half, cause I sure would like to know the answer. They damn sure couldn't have done any worse than Sanchez.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: ImissBrewer on February 07, 2009, 04:06:11 pm
So irritating, who in their right mind would put Sanchez out there?
Who in their right mind would givem a scholly? Was OK and TX brain dead when we played them?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Knot2brite

Body style is the basic thing. Sanchez has the body to lean on the opposing teams post players. Now having said that, he still isnt getting the job done at times. He is slow on the offensive side of the ball and fails to block out quite a bit. Basically Moore and Clark get pushed around too much when they are on the floor and this leads to them getting cheap fouls. Like it or not they are not as physically ready to take the beatings in SEC competition. I'll even add something to that, they may not be ready until the last half of next season if they dont hit the weights this offseason.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

yraciv

I'll play a little devils advocate here.  Today Sanchez had 7 reb, 4 pts from the line, no fg attempts because he didn't take any bad shots, hardly ever does, and made a nice deflection to cause a fast break late.  Moore had 1 pt, 1 reb, in 5 minutes.  Clark made 1 drive to the basket, ended w/ 3 points & 2 reb in 7 minutes.  Seems to me like they don't have a nose for banging for rebounds.  What I've witnessed from Clark in highschool too!  Those guys are weak on defensive, and at least Sanchez shows some kind of intensity.  He might look lost out there, but if it stays out of his hands on offense he doesn't make many mistakes.  My guess is Pel plays Sanchez because of something call the intangibles.

Jzilla

I totally agree playing either one of them would be an improvement it sounds like sanchez peaked in high schhol and hasnt went anywhere since the but i yhink clarke should be the one that gets more minutes he can shoot from outside and take itt off the drobble not to mention the jumping ability.

CaseyVick

Hey Knot2Brite, Sanchez might have the body,but he doesn't have the brains. Can't Shoot,Rebound, or Play Defense. The only thing he is good at is turning the ball over and fouling.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: yraciv on February 07, 2009, 04:14:20 pm
He might look lost out there, but if it stays out of his hands on offense he doesn't make many mistakes. 

you want us to play 4 v 5?
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Hippieville

i could care less if sanchez practices good if he cant convert good practices into games than he isnt helping us out any!!

yraciv

A lot of you guys don't realize how much more fundamental Sanchez is, and much more physical.  I'm not saying he is an SEC starter by any means, but he is more developed then those guys now.  I have a feeling that this will be fixed next year with the addition of Marshawn Powell.

Knot2brite

Well during the game with Texas Clark came in the game and the big center from Tejas bitch slapped him across the lane and scored and Pel made the statement "Thats why I can't play you." He put Sanchez in and the rest has been history. I said it above, Sanchez isnt getting it done that well but he is what we have as a bigger body to lean on the opposing teams post players.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

yraciv

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on February 07, 2009, 04:16:51 pm
you want us to play 4 v 5?

We went to the NCAA tournament the last couple years playing 4 on 5.  He is better than Hill was on offense, he sets screens, and when he puts up the occasional shot, he draws a foul.

hogfan@heart

Sanchez and Clarke maybe should be held out until the other team is a bit tired and hopefully the game has slowed down to their speed.  Clarke is useless unless he lights it up and he either can't or refuses to get himself open.  Sanchez is just too slow for this game at this level and Clarke may be too.  I would rather Clarke take a 30 footer than a 21 footer when covered.  He will make more.

CaseyVick

Quote from: yraciv on February 07, 2009, 04:19:35 pm
We went to the NCAA tournament the last couple years playing 4 on 5.  He is better than Hill was on offense, he sets screens, and when he puts up the occasional shot, he draws a foul.

Wrong.
Hill could get rebounds and Ally Oops, and Hill could block shots on defense.

yraciv

Quote from: CaseyVick on February 07, 2009, 04:35:41 pm
Wrong.
Hill could get rebounds and Ally Oops, and Hill could block shots on defense.

We're talking about 4 on 5!  That is the offensive side of the ball.  Hill couldn't do darn on offense, 5 ppg for his career, except catch the occasional oop.  Yeah he is the best defensive player we've had in a while, but rebounds?  Sanchez averages more now then Hill ever did, about 3 per game for his career.  Makes me wonder if you've watched Hog basketball the last 3 years.  I didn't say Sanchez is better than Hill, but I think he is a little better on O now than Hill ever was.

jwhite_13

Sanchez is the most useless player on the Razorback basketball team! I even like the golfer more than him! I have hated watching him play from the beginning. It is beyond me why someone who is 6'7 feels the need to bring the ball down to his waste everytime he touches the ball! (that is if he can hold on to it) I honestly see nothing productive that he does for this team.  First half 51 points with the other guys in, second half 26 points without them in! I would much rather put the better athlete on the floor who looks lost as compared to the one who can't do anything well and looks lost! Just my personal opinion.  Ive never been mad at Pel through this whole season but this did it for me! Ridiculous!

LSPRazorbac

I just don't get the he practices better argument.  He's not getting it done game time. 

Play him 6-12 minutes a game and tell him to be extremely aggresive and not worry about fouls.  Let him be our goon to beat on guys inside.  I think he could handle that role well.

mtownhog

Among other things, I do not believe Sanchez has the coordination to play in the SEC.  He couldn't catch a cold in Antarctica.

mtownhog

Not to mention he spends half the game tripping over his own two feet.

LSPRazorbac

He might be more fundamentally sound than clark and more, but he:

Struggles catching or holding onto the ball

Slow moving his feet

Can't block shots

He does play hard but he lacks many skills.

I say play Clark and Moore more and let them learn on the fly.  We're what 1 of our last 8.  It sure can't hurt.

athunt

yraciv....how can you say they dont have a nose for the ball and dont like to bang when Clarks made field goal was an offensive put back.  I can guarantee you that you throw a ball out there Clark is going to get it over Sanchez.  Hell you could throw it at Sanchez and Clark would get it.  The fact that Clark took it straight at Venardo shows that he is not scared. If you leave him or Moore in there for more than 2 minutes at a time, they are going to get the chance to make those plays.  Sure he could have pulled up for a 15 footer, but what he did sent a message.  I think it is time you get off of Clarks back, I dont know if you lost a bet on one of his high school or AAU games, but you've been bashing him here for weeks.  Time will tell and Sanchez will be phased out for Clark and Moore.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

yraciv

Quote from: athunt on February 07, 2009, 06:26:31 pm
yraciv....how can you say they dont have a nose for the ball and dont like to bang when Clarks made field goal was an offensive put back.  I can guarantee you that you throw a ball out there Clark is going to get it over Sanchez.  Hell you could throw it at Sanchez and Clark would get it.  The fact that Clark took it straight at Venardo shows that he is not scared. If you leave him or Moore in there for more than 2 minutes at a time, they are going to get the chance to make those plays.  Sure he could have pulled up for a 15 footer, but what he did sent a message.  I think it is time you get off of Clarks back, I dont know if you lost a bet on one of his high school or AAU games, but you've been bashing him here for weeks.  Time will tell and Sanchez will be phased out for Clark and Moore.

Bet on AAU, thats good.  I'm not bashing Clark because I guarantee you he has loads of potential.  I'm just pointing out some of his flaws, that the Sanchez bashers are blind to!He is not better than Sanchez right now as sad as that is.  I saw Sanchez outplay him in AAU ball and Clark doesn't play defense.  Granted college is a different game, it's that simple.  He isn't strong enough yet, and he has never had the work ethic of Sanchez.  If he turns that around he could be a good player, but he hasn't yet.  He has always been agressive on the offensive end, but got benched in a high school playoff game because he didn't try on defense.  I can compare these too because I've seen them play many times,  Moore I cannot.

The Varnado play had no chance of him putting it in over him.  He was either going to get swatted or get fouled, I thought it was a bad call.  Either way if Andre shows that intensity on the other side he might have an argument for pt.

athunt

Quote from: yraciv on February 07, 2009, 06:41:31 pm

The Varnado play had no chance of him putting it in over him.  He was either going to get swatted or get fouled, I thought it was a bad call.  Either way if Andre shows that intensity on the other side he might have an argument for pt.

Thats funny cuz thats the way i feel everytime i see Sanchez go up. Atleast his touched the goal.  Also, Jake Bequette shut Sanchez down in a high school playoff game my freshman year of college. So I guess Bequette is better than both of them if this follows your logic.  Sanchez might look bigger but I can assure you that doesnt neccesarily correlate to strength. I didnt exactly see 22 inch arms on Venardo today and I think he does okay. Practice, were talkin bout practice. PRACTICE!
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on February 07, 2009, 04:07:13 pm
I cannot see a pro in the Sanchez column. So many cons though.

I see one pro in Sanchez.

He looks like this guy:

Who got to bang this girl:

other than that, not much upside.

yraciv

Quote from: athunt on February 07, 2009, 06:51:48 pm
Thats funny cuz thats the way i feel everytime i see Sanchez go up. Atleast his touched the goal.  Also, Jake Bequette shut Sanchez down in a high school playoff game my freshman year of college. So I guess Bequette is better than both of them if this follows your logic.  Sanchez might look bigger but I can assure you that doesnt neccesarily correlate to strength. I didnt exactly see 22 inch arms on Venardo today and I think he does okay. Practice, were talkin bout practice. PRACTICE!

I saw that's hs playoff game, and it wasn't the norm. I would never base my opinion on 1 game. I saw sanchez a lot in aau games with clark. Sam him a lot in high school too, but only once saw Clark at NLR and he got benches for his lack of effort. I'm no harber homer, just seen these guys play more than what you've seen at the college level. My summary and most others this familiar with them come to this conclusion. Sanchez is better now, Clark has a lot more potential.

N HOG

Just one question -- is it a good idea to dribble after getting an offensive rebound right under the basket?

Hawgndaaz

What are these things called "offensive rebounds" that you speak of?

TuckerRay

ChicoHog

Quote from: mathhog on February 07, 2009, 04:06:28 pm
i think moore got 3 quick fouls when he was in.

sanchez spread his fouls out.
Moore was in for 30 seconds and got 2 stupid fouls.  One 30 feet from the basket when he was the defender on a pick and roll.  Inexcuseable!  then he gets shoved out of the way on rebounds.  he has no strength.  I think his future is bright but he needs some more meat on his frame to play inside. 

duckhog21

to be honest none of them are the best right now but that doesn't mean that they don't have potential they just need time to develop and get better...

cerdoman

I notice one thing Sanchez can do well. He can take the ball out with the best of them. Sanchez and the rest of them is just young and it will take time and recruiting and we'll be all right. Not counting last year's team (with mostly seniors) we're starting all over and it will be another two years before we see the finish product. But, Saturday's game against Miss St. We needed to play Moore and Clark in the second half because we hit the wall about the middle of the second half. They didn't get off the bench. Which I can't understand!!