Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach 2018

Started by LZH, November 10, 2017, 02:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Just heard- Matt Campbell or Mike Norville. One of them will be our new head coach next year, barring some weird experiment. Jeff Long is kinda sitting this one out, or so I'm told. Big money grips have spoken.

But what I can't figure out is, who is the best choice?

ricepig

Wrong forum, try to keep up big boy, this ain't the 2012's......

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
Just heard- Matt Campbell or Mike Norville. One of them will be our new head coach next year, barring some weird experiment. Jeff Long is kinda sitting this one out, or so I'm told. Big money grips have spoken.

So, if either fail will the "big money grips" be held accountable?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Pork Ranger

LZH

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 02:46:21 pm

Dang right

ricepig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 02:46:21 pm

Yes, no more Pepsi for them after 2022.

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 10, 2017, 02:47:34 pm
Would be nice.   Just a gut feeling, but Norvell I would think.   But that's splitting straws, be happy either way.

***   assuming of course your source is spot on.  ;)

Novell would be about $6m cheaper.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 02:51:47 pm
Novell would be about $6m cheaper.

Is it true his wife is from Ft. Smith?

jgphillips3

Either are low risk, high reward.  Campbell has a little better track record and probably can demand more security.  Norvell is probably more innovative and cheaper to acquire/fire if it blows up.  I think both are outstanding coaches.  Personally, and it's close...real close, I'd go Norvell.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 02:46:09 pm
Wrong forum, try to keep up big boy, this ain't the 2012's......

We may hire Knute Rockne's great great grandson for all I know, but this came from a sports writer. Word for word. And you know I don't kiss and tell, so that's all I have to say.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 03:00:16 pm
We may hire Knute Rockne's great great grandson for all I know, but this came from a sports writer. Word for word. And you know I don't kiss and tail, so that's all I have to say.

Nah, I'm saying this is the 2017's, we have a designated forum for coaching rumors. I hope it wasn't Bolin, lol....and watch where you're kissing, some may not know what tail you've been kissing.

scottwillrazbackfan1

LZH

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on November 10, 2017, 03:05:31 pm
Gus Malzahn

There is a major push to get Gus back to Arkansas. Don't ask me why or why not, that is just what I was told.

LZH

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 10, 2017, 03:06:31 pm
And that of course would be huge.  Forgot about Campbell's buyout.

I don't have a clue about his buyout. But apparently he is 1A compared to Norville's 1B. And this information, for what it's worth, happens to come from someone that is a member of Hogville.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 03:14:24 pm
I don't have a clue about his buyout. But apparently he is 1A compared to Norville's 1B. And this information, for what it's worth, happens to come from someone that is a member of Hogville.

Jeff??

Dark Helmet Hog

Mike Norville. Best option. Home run.

thebignasty

I think Campbell is the most impressive guy out there, but I'd be totally on board with either of those dudes.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 10, 2017, 03:29:10 pm
Mike Norville. Best option. Home run.

Just make sure they don't accidentally call Jay Norvell.....

Hawginj

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 03:30:48 pm
Just make sure they don't accidentally call Jay Norvell.....

....or Mike Hunt. "I have an order for Mike Hunt."

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 03:23:51 pm
Jeff??

Do you honestly think I...uh, I mean Jeff, wastes any time reading Hogville?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 02:44:36 pm

I would be totally fine with that.

hogsolutely

I truly feel that Campbell would just be a stop for him till the next opportunity, but Norvell is one I could see making a career if he was successful.  Just a thought could be totally wrong.

hog_fan

5 million to fire BB and 5 million to buyout Campbell. Not likely. I take Norvell over him.

thebignasty

Quote from: hog_fan on November 10, 2017, 04:18:46 pm
5 million to fire BB and 5 million to buyout Campbell. Not likely. I take Norvell over him.

9.4 to buyout Campbell.

http://footballscoop.com/news/anyone-coming-matt-campbell-better-prepared-break-bank/

Would have to think some kind of negotiation has to happen to make it happen.

But they win

Paul

Quote from: hogsolutely on November 10, 2017, 04:03:54 pm
I truly feel that Campbell would just be a stop for him till the next opportunity, but Norvell is one I could see making a career if he was successful.  Just a thought could be totally wrong.
agree

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 04:21:32 pm
9.4 to buyout Campbell.

http://footballscoop.com/news/anyone-coming-matt-campbell-better-prepared-break-bank/

Would have to think some kind of negotiation has to happen to make it happen.

There have been others to look at his buyout and they came up with $6.4m, either way, it's going to take Jerra money, Warren money, Fletcher money, Lindsey money, George money......I think you get the drift.

Scott7703

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 03:10:31 pm
There is a major push to get Gus back to Arkansas. Don't ask me why or why not, that is just what I was told.

Have heard the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Gus will come back at this point. I've heard he would but we shall see.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
There have been others to look at his buyout and they came up with $6.4m, either way, it's going to take Jerra money, Warren money, Fletcher money, Lindsey money, George money......I think you get the drift.

Just wonder if we don't do a bit of Florida maneuvering too.  Worse ideas than paying Iowa State 2mil for a OOC game AND as a part of the buyout.

Since I'm dreaming, Iowa St. wouldn't be a bad landing spot for Bert.  Maybe greasing that wheel could be worth a bit too.
But they win

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 10, 2017, 04:31:02 pm

Have heard the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Gus will come back at this point. I've heard he would but we shall see.
He won't make it at Auburn if he loses to Bama and Georgia.

thebignasty

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 04:35:18 pm
He won't make it at Auburn if he loses to Ms.St and Georgia.

Personally don't want a dude that can't make it happen with all of Auburns 'resources.'
But they win

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:23:51 pm

Big reason why Norvell makes so much cents sense. And heck, he already has a house here and everything.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 10, 2017, 04:31:02 pm

He's had his little feelers out since the Aurbun game. Hopefully they get cut off. IMO he is a d-bag and we can do better.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 04:35:58 pm
Personally don't want a dude that can't make it happen with all of Auburns 'resources.'
Trust me I don't want the dude at Arkansas, but there are people that do. I hope they don't get their way.

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 04:42:16 pm
Trust me I don't want the dude at Arkansas, but there are people that do. I hope they don't get their way.

There have been since 2005.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 04:48:50 pm
There have been since 2005.
True, and I hope they keep getting denied.

ipigsooie

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 10, 2017, 04:55:19 pm
True, and I hope they keep getting denied.

I liked it better when the Springdale "clan" pushed two different guys, it meant neither was chosen.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 05:09:38 pm
I liked it better when the Springdale "clan" pushed two different guys, it meant neither was chosen.
They make me nervous.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 05:09:38 pm

I'm not sure the clans are united on GM.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2017, 02:47:28 pm
Yes, no more Pepsi for them after 2022.

Dammit man, Dr. Pepper or bust!

LZH

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 10, 2017, 05:30:28 pm
I'm not sure the clans are united on GM.

I doubt they are, too. But there are some big money boosters that are adamant that he should be our next coach. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know.

thebignasty

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 05:31:09 pm
Dammit man, Dr. Pepper or bust!

Would have to get Coke back. Bottled and distributed by Coca Cola in this area right now.  Dont see that changing.
But they win

thebignasty

Quote from: LZH on November 10, 2017, 05:32:39 pm
I doubt they are, too. But there are some big money boosters that are adamant that he should be our next coach. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know.

Surprised they have moved on from Butch
But they win

LZH

Quote from: thebignasty on November 10, 2017, 05:33:14 pm
Would have to get Coke back. Bottled and distributed by Coca Cola in this area right now.  Dont see that changing.

Troof.

Or why not just give everyone in the stadium a bottle of Jim Beam and a bag of rocks to throw, that would be fairly entertaining.

TX HOG

Campbell or Norvell...

You serious Clark?

TX HOG

TX HOG

I'd be happy with either.