Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Contact for SEC Head of BB Officiating?

Started by lookawayquick, January 28, 2018, 07:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lookawayquick

Does anyone have a contact for Mark Whitehead, head of SEC officiating?  I would like to send an email to express displeasure with the zebras.  I've gone back and watched the OSU game.  The officiating was absolute garbage.  Those three officials should get terrible grades for the game.  Probably should be reprimanded.  Not only did they miss multiple calls they jacked up the game by one review after another.  Check the egos zebras the game is not about you!

Dwight_K_Shrute

While I doubt anything will come of it, it can't hurt and will at least make you feel better.  They were beyond the pale.  I actually tweeted at our AD and said stand up for competent officiating and bring back Coke and you will have a 10 year honeymoon period.  Again doubt that does any good but makes me feel better.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jfred59

Why contact him?  He is part of the problem.  In football and basketball especially the SEC has the good ole network and nothing is going to change that.  We used to be able to say that if the NCAA took over officiating that would solve it but as we have seen the NCAA is more corrupt than most of the officials

hogsanity

Why are none of you college officials since you seem to know so much about officiating college ball?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jjdlc

The part that pissed me off, after they overturned the out of bounds call at the end. The announcers were questioning what they saw to overturn it.  One of the announcers said that Pat Adams came over and said they thought it went off Barfords nose.  The rule absolutely states there must be irrefutable evidence to overturn a call.  "THINK" is absolutely not irrefutable evidence!

Fan701

Quote from: jjdlc on January 28, 2018, 08:38:08 pm
The part that pissed me off, after they overturned the out of bounds call at the end. The announcers were questioning what they saw to overturn it.  One of the announcers said that Pat Adams came over and said they thought it went off Barfords nose.  The rule absolutely states there must be irrefutable evidence to overturn a call.  "THINK" is absolutely not irrefutable evidence!
It did look as if it might have gone off Barford's nose first, but then it clearly went off the OSU player's shoulder and out of bounds.  How could they have missed that?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 08:23:13 pm
Why are none of you college officials since you seem to know so much about officiating college ball?
I get it that we have a lot better view but you CANNOT MISS TWO out of bounce calls in a row, EVEN WITH REVIEW OMG
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

urkillnmesmalls

Curious...did you watch the game Saturday?  We have been the recipient of some horrible replay reviews in football...Auburn, Florida, etc. 

But that call where the ball went out of bounds, and was ruled to have gone off Barford, was ridiculous.  I've never seen worse.  They showed the replay from every angle possible, and it CLEARLY went off the OSU player's shoulder.  They saw the same replays.   

They were commenting that for some reason, these reviews were done locally by the officials, rather than the remote site that is sometimes used to assist. 

I would LOVE to hear someone explain what they saw on that replay to say it went off Barford.  Seriously man...you don't have to be an official to see that and make a call. "Which player did it touch last?" and you're watching it in slow motion from at least 3 different angles, that ALL showed the same thing.  No degree in officiating needed....blatant. 

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on the one where TT blocked the guy from the side, and the ball "appeared" to glance off the OSU player's hand before going out of bounds.  That didn't have a really clear view, and historically...a block that goes out of bounds goes to the offense, when I think sometimes it actually stays on the offensive player's hand before it goes out of bounds.  So...not too overly critical of that one, but the Barford call...outlandish. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 28, 2018, 08:44:19 pm
I get it that we have a lot better view but you CANNOT MISS TWO out of bounce calls in a row, EVEN WITH REVIEW OMG

Two in a row?  I missed that I guess.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 08:57:04 pm
the next review where we locked it but it stayed in their guys hand.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jgphillips3

I hope you remember that opinion the next time a plumber screws up his job, your doctor commits obvious malpractice, the auto mechanic fails, etc.  Sometimes experts screw up so bad that even novices can see it.  But if you disagree, don't ever complain about any profession, other than your own, ever again no matter how obvious the screw up is so you can remain consistent. 👍🏻

mykidsdad

refsanity strikes again. what a loser!

hogsanity

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 28, 2018, 10:12:02 pm
I hope you remember that opinion the next time a plumber screws up his job, your doctor commits obvious malpractice, the auto mechanic fails, etc.  Sometimes experts screw up so bad that even novices can see it.  But if you disagree, don't ever complain about any profession, other than your own, ever again no matter how obvious the screw up is so you can remain consistent. 👍🏻

What opinion? I asked a question. Why are none of you college basketball officials since you see to know so much about calling games?

I have said refs make mistakes, but some of you think every call is a mistake. Also a mistake by a dr or an electrician could result in DEATH.  A mistake by a ref MIGHT result in a score for a team or a score being wiped out. It isn't life or death.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 28, 2018, 10:15:51 pm
refsanity strikes again. what a loser!

et you cant even answer a simple question. Why are you not a college ref, or even a youth league ref? You act like you now so much about doing the job, get off your fat as% and do it. 

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 10:48:14 pm
et you cant even answer a simple question. Why are you not a college ref, or even a youth league ref? You act like you now so much about doing the job, get off your fat as% and do it. 

why do you get on a hog fan board, criticize the players, the coaches and everyone else, but defend refs in games you don't watch? get on a ref board or shut up. you ONLY post in threads dealing with refs and you speak without any knowledge. So as you do it, I will call you out for the hypocrite that you are. oh and by the way, I bet you are a fat ass that couldn't play sports growing up aren't you? poor little unauthentic joke of a person.

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 28, 2018, 10:55:39 pm
why do you get on a hog fan board, criticize the players, the coaches and everyone else, but defend refs in games you don't watch? get on a ref board or shut up. you ONLY post in threads dealing with refs and you speak without any knowledge. So as you do it, I will call you out for the hypocrite that you are. oh and by the way, I bet you are a fat ass that couldn't play sports growing up aren't you? poor little unauthentic joke of a person.

Still won't answer the question. Typical. So Ill ask one more time, Why, with your self proclaimed vast knowledge of officiating, are you not an college bball official?

razorpimp

I agree there were some really bad calls against the Hogs down the stretch!

Hogsanity - the better question to ask is should a "great" Hog team (FCJoe Anderson's opinion) have kept the game that close against the #89 rpi team missing their two best players AT HOME!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: razorpimp on January 28, 2018, 11:17:35 pm
I agree there were some really bad calls against the Hogs down the stretch!

Hogsanity - the better question to ask is should a "great" Hog team (FCJoe Anderson's opinion) have kept the game that close against the #89 rpi team missing their two best players AT HOME!!!

I asked that yesterday and was told I am just a hater and it was only close due to the refs. A good team at home should have dispatched OSU by double digits.

razorpimp

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 11:22:49 pm
I asked that yesterday and was told I am just a hater and it was only close due to the refs. A good team at home should have dispatched OSU by double digits.

Yea let the MMM (Mediocre Mike Mafia) enjoy their ceiling of squeaking into the tourney as an 8-9 seed....

FYI....just because he is better than Heath or Pelphrey does not mean he is good enough for Arkansas basketball! 

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 11:06:29 pm
Still won't answer the question. Typical. So Ill ask one more time, Why, with your self proclaimed vast knowledge of officiating, are you not an college bball official?

The only one who has ever 'claimed' to have any knowledge of officiating is you, the one that comes on a fan board and lectures everyone as to how the refs are correct. You sir are full of crap and hence I am calling you out. You pretend to be all knowledgeable about officiating but yet for some reason you don't seem to understand the game.

You see, just like the refs we complain about in the games who interject themselves into the games, making the game about them self, you interject yourself into every, and I mean every single discussion that even remotely takes issue with poor calls. It is all about you right? Everyone can see it. You can't let it go.

Then when people question the great, all knowing 'refsanity', you prop yourself up by challenging others to ref. Sad really, you could come on here and admit when calls are incorrect, and then say refs are human, which would be acceptable. But no, according to you, mind you I bet you didn't even watch the game as happens often, the problem was with the 'system'. Therefore the problem with you and other 'officials', you assume, or anticipate. I image it goes back to your unalthletic childhood. If you could do that then they couldn't have.

Lastly I worked with children all my life, namely children very ill. I don't ref now although I have when I was younger. I ran into your kind then and thought it was a joke. Them trying to interject themselves into the game instead of letting the kids decide it, just like yesterday in the game you didn't see.

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 28, 2018, 11:39:44 pm
The only one who has ever 'claimed' to have any knowledge of officiating is you, the one that comes on a fan board and lectures everyone as to how the refs are correct. You sir are full of crap and hence I am calling you out. You pretend to be all knowledgeable about officiating but yet for some reason you don't seem to understand the game.

You see, just like the refs we complain about in the games who interject themselves into the games, making the game about them self, you interject yourself into every, and I mean every single discussion that even remotely takes issue with poor calls. It is all about you right? Everyone can see it. You can't let it go.

Then when people question the great, all knowing 'refsanity', you prop yourself up by challenging others to ref. Sad really, you could come on here and admit when calls are incorrect, and then say refs are human, which would be acceptable. But no, according to you, mind you I bet you didn't even watch the game as happens often, the problem was with the 'system'. Therefore the problem with you and other 'officials', you assume, or anticipate. I image it goes back to your unalthletic childhood. If you could do that then they couldn't have.

Lastly I worked with children all my life, namely children very ill. I don't ref now although I have when I was younger. I ran into your kind then and thought it was a joke. Them trying to interject themselves into the game instead of letting the kids decide it, just like yesterday in the game you didn't see.

You keep referring to calls that were incorrect. Incorrect to who, fans of the team the were called against? Let me guess, not one call against OSU was incorrect.

If you had actually ever reffed, you'd know why blaming the refs all the time is about as lame as it gets. My point is Hogs fans blame the refs for EVERYTHING. It is like the kid crying wolf, after a while no one listens.

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 11:45:35 pm
You keep referring to calls that were incorrect. Incorrect to who, fans of the team the were called against? Let me guess, not one call against OSU was incorrect.

If you had actually ever reffed, you'd know why blaming the refs all the time is about as lame as it gets. My point is Hogs fans blame the refs for EVERYTHING. It is like the kid crying wolf, after a while no one listens.

You mean like how you defend every call without seeing it? Is that the crying wolf you speak of?

I know refs make mistakes, they make them both ways. However it is obvious that you dont know that. You have an agenda and it is apparent to everyone. My point is that this is a 'fan' board. Do you know what fan is short for, fanatic. So therefore I would assume that most 'fans' would question calls that swing games.

So if you are going to comment on games you don't watch as if you know what happened and act like you are superior to fans that question calls, then I will point out your bias to everyone.

Oh and by the way fans don't blame refs for everything, you just have your little rabbit ears up. Most times fans will say things like we were killed and would have lost any way, but the refs didn't do us any favors.

BannerMountainMan

So you are telling me Hogsanity don't even watch the games but posts on here for a living it seems like?

razorback1829

Quote from: razorpimp on January 28, 2018, 11:30:10 pm
Yea let the MMM (Mediocre Mike Mafia) enjoy their ceiling of squeaking into the tourney as an 8-9 seed....

FYI....just because he is better than Heath or Pelphrey does not mean he is good enough for Arkansas basketball!

Aw it's so cute.. y'all are like Batman and Robin. Quick, somebody grab the cape! You two are pathetic. Never touched a basketball past junior high. Spare us you're worthless thoughts please. I understand it's fun to troll, but comeon.

razorpimp

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 29, 2018, 01:43:58 am
Aw it's so cute.. y'all are like Batman and Robin. Quick, somebody grab the cape! You two are pathetic. Never touched a basketball past junior high. Spare us you're worthless thoughts please. I understand it's fun to troll, but comeon.

Standard sports message board come back - check

If you have a different opinion then you never played a sport!  You probably live in your mom's basement, etc....

bottom line is Mike is an average coach, Heath and Pelphrey were well below average....hogs deserve better

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 28, 2018, 10:12:02 pm

Plus one. Dude takes everyone elses incompetence SO personal. It makes you think he has a guilty conscience. Must be one of the many on the take.

1highhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 10:45:28 pm
What opinion? I asked a question. Why are none of you college basketball officials since you see to know so much about calling games?

I have said refs make mistakes, but some of you think every call is a mistake. Also a mistake by a dr or an electrician could result in DEATH.  A mistake by a ref MIGHT result in a score for a team or a score being wiped out. It isn't life or death.

Hogsanity, look man, we all make mistakes because we all are imperfect.  But that's why they came up with the idea of using replay in the first place.  So in the game Saturday they used it on those two out of bounds calls.  The TV announcers showed the replays over and over, it clearly showed the ball went out of bounds touched last by the Okie player, and Arkansas got screwed on both calls.  In a game that was a one point victory, that could have been the game.  I'm not a typical Arkansas fan that thinks ESPN is out to get us or the refs are screwing us every game we play either, but they sure as hell missed those two calls very bad.  That's all, I'll hang up and listen. 

bighog2255

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 11:45:35 pm

Amen! Every freaking game, win or lose, we were "screwed" by the refs. I'm disappointed at how we have played since SEC season began, with the exception of Tennessee and Georgia games.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 08:57:04 pm

The one with barford was screwed up. I thought they got that next one (the next two, actually) right.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

BannerMountainMan

hogs7199

The good ol' boy network is hard to crack.  And, if you do crack it, you are expected to do things they way they want it done.  You don't get a voice.  You are usually placed with a lead official who thinks he already knows everything and could care less about any input you may have.  The state of officiating is terrible, and the environment that is present is not conducive to bringing in quality young officials.  So, it will only get worse.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 10:48:14 pm

Your stigma of "you can't discuss something with bias and knowledge unless your s professional" is getting old. We absolutely would've won by double digits had the refs even half of the calls right. Btw...DID you watch the game? Cuz this game was bad. And I don't have to be in the profession to KNOW 1. Don't overturn the call on the field if it's noy clear, and 2. Be consistent. The fact that they overturned that it "appeared" that the ball went of Barfords nose is all fine and dandy...but the ball also "appeared" to have gone off of Ok st after the block.

You also realize they didn't make a FG in the last like 7 minutes of the game. The touch fouls in a physical game was the ONLY way they scored.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

KlubhouseKonnected

I'm too busy winning cases and partying... mind your business
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogs7199 on January 29, 2018, 07:58:23 am
The good ol' boy network is hard to crack.  And, if you do crack it, you are expected to do things they way they want it done.  You don't get a voice.  You are usually placed with a lead official who thinks he already knows everything and could care less about any input you may have.  The state of officiating is terrible, and the environment that is present is not conducive to bringing in quality young officials.  So, it will only get worse.

Well we all know someone who will work well in that system don't we?

The problem is and always has been at any level, referees don't think they are subject to the same sportsmanship rules as the players and coaches.  They think they are the game.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogs7199 on January 29, 2018, 07:58:23 am

But that is a whole different conversation than " the refs are out to get the Hogs " stuff posted here. Lets go with your premise that the officials are not very good. Ok, then they'd be not very good, period, they would not be biased against a certain team. The assertion here, by many, that the Hogs have to win 8 on 5 every game indicates the refs are intentionally biased against the Hogs. That is a lot different than just being poor officials.

I know all about the officiating ladder. I have a friend who started calling Arkansas class B ball 30 years ago ( when they still had class B ) and he finally, just in the last 2 years, made it to the big time level in college ball.

As you point out, it is not conducive to bringing in young officials, which is why they are so reluctant to get ride of officials because there are no viable replacements.

I have no doubt that, just like in anything, people top out at different levels. Some refs are good enough to call lower level HS ball, but never adjust to the speed at higher levels. Some guys are great HS officials, but can't make the adjustment to college ball. Some guys are good at d3 or d2 college but just not good enough for d1.  But what are all the d1 league supposed to do? With 350 or so d1 teams, that's somewhere around 150-175 games on a weekend, with the majority being on Sat. If there are 100 d1 games on Sat that's 300 refs needed to cover them. Lets limit it to p5 conf games. that may be 30 games, or 90 refs needed just for those.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 08:29:31 am
But that is a whole different conversation than " the refs are out to get the Hogs " stuff posted here. Lets go with your premise that the officials are not very good. Ok, then they'd be not very good, period, they would not be biased against a certain team. The assertion here, by many, that the Hogs have to win 8 on 5 every game indicates the refs are intentionally biased against the Hogs. That is a lot different than just being poor officials.

I know all about the officiating ladder. I have a friend who started calling Arkansas class B ball 30 years ago ( when they still had class B ) and he finally, just in the last 2 years, made it to the big time level in college ball.

As you point out, it is not conducive to bringing in young officials, which is why they are so reluctant to get ride of officials because there are no viable replacements.

I have no doubt that, just like in anything, people top out at different levels. Some refs are good enough to call lower level HS ball, but never adjust to the speed at higher levels. Some guys are great HS officials, but can't make the adjustment to college ball. Some guys are good at d3 or d2 college but just not good enough for d1.  But what are all the d1 league supposed to do? With 350 or so d1 teams, that's somewhere around 150-175 games on a weekend, with the majority being on Sat. If there are 100 d1 games on Sat that's 300 refs needed to cover them. Lets limit it to p5 conf games. that may be 30 games, or 90 refs needed just for those.

So your saying the odds of being a good P5 ref is lower than the odds of being a good NFL QB?  Sounds about right to me!

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 29, 2018, 08:17:54 am
We absolutely would've won by double digits had the refs even half of the calls right.

This is what I am talking about. How do you know they did not get the calls right? The one out of bounds review did not cost the Hogs 9 pts. What other calls did they allegedly not get right. Just because you do not think something is a foul, does not mean it is not a foul. A good case is the call on Thomas 70 Ft from the basket. He reaches across with his right arm into a player going to Thomas' left, his arm from hand to above the elbow is in the ball handlers chest impeding him from the direction he was moving. That's a foul, yet hog fans were up in arms about it being a "touch" foul. That's not a touch foul, that is a foul.

hogs7199

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 29, 2018, 08:25:03 am
Well we all know someone who will work well in that system don't we?

The problem is and always has been at any level, referees don't think they are subject to the same sportsmanship rules as the players and coaches.  They think they are the game.

That is not the case with all officials.  The problem is officiating up to this point has been a "legacy".  If someone's father was an official, they get a fast lane to better games and better opportunities.  The problem is, they are going to officiate the same way their father officiates.  There are high quality officials that never get an opportunity because of the way the system works.  Just look at all of the father/son combos in MLB.  It is that way everywhere.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 29, 2018, 08:32:26 am
So your saying the odds of being a good P5 ref is lower than the odds of being a good NFL QB?  Sounds about right to me!

Good is subjective. Fans think many nfl qb's are not very good, but the people paid to evaluate them and alot millions to pay them often think otherwise. Just because fans do not think a ref is very good does not mean he is not.

Jay Bilas made a good point during the KY/WVU game, when he said " it is not the refs fault, it is the rules they are being asked to enforce.". Jay is not shy about calling out officials either.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 08:37:00 am
Good is subjective. Fans think many nfl qb's are not very good, but the people paid to evaluate them and alot millions to pay them often think otherwise. Just because fans do not think a ref is very good does not mean he is not.

Jay Bilas made a good point during the KY/WVU game, when he said " it is not the refs fault, it is the rules they are being asked to enforce.". Jay is not shy about calling out officials either.

Wouldn't that kinda be like you saying the teams have to deal with how the refs are calling the game and overcome.  Don't go blaming it on rules that's hypocritical.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 08:34:13 am
This is what I am talking about. How do you know they did not get the calls right? The one out of bounds review did not cost the Hogs 9 pts. What other calls did they allegedly not get right. Just because you do not think something is a foul, does not mean it is not a foul. A good case is the call on Thomas 70 Ft from the basket. He reaches across with his right arm into a player going to Thomas' left, his arm from hand to above the elbow is in the ball handlers chest impeding him from the direction he was moving. That's a foul, yet hog fans were up in arms about it being a "touch" foul. That's not a touch foul, that is a foul.

Well...I'm glad you're logical enough to not take one sentence (and the least important point of everything I wrote) and ignore the rest.

You're correct on the Thomas call. Coulda gone either way. And would we have won by double digits? Meh... maybe not but it most likely wouldn't have come down to a tip shot to win. Our defense was lights out down the stretch and offense was doing ok. There were 4 big calls that were blatantly anti-Hog. The foul on Barford when he got the tech, the foul on Gafford when the guy drove and stumbled and just threw the ball up, then the two reviews.

But now that I've responded to what you actually wrote. Why don't you respond to what I actually wrote.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 29, 2018, 08:40:24 am
Wouldn't that kinda be like you saying the teams have to deal with how the refs are calling the game and overcome.  Don't go blaming it on rules that's hypocritical.

His point was in all the reviews for things like f1 or common foul. There was a play where guys wee going for the ball, a jump ball was called, but in the scrum someone got hit in the face, so they had to go to the monitors, AGAIN, to see if anyone committed a f1. Bilas' point was that used to be when a ball went on the floor and guys dove for it and a jump ball was called, that was it, a jump ball alternating possession, game continues. Now they have to parse every little thing.

Just like the out of bounds calls now that seem to always be reviewed in the last 2 minutes. Used to they made the call and the fans of whatever team did not get the call were mad, but the game went on. Now it is call, review, everyone gets mad because of all the dead time, usually the call stands, those fans still think it was wrong, or it gets changed and then from there on out everyone thinks they miss every out of bounds call so they go look at them all.

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 29, 2018, 08:17:54 am
Your stigma of "you can't discuss something with bias and knowledge unless your s professional" is getting old. We absolutely would've won by double digits had the refs even half of the calls right. Btw...DID you watch the game? Cuz this game was bad. And I don't have to be in the profession to KNOW 1. Don't overturn the call on the field if it's noy clear, and 2. Be consistent. The fact that they overturned that it "appeared" that the ball went of Barfords nose is all fine and dandy...but the ball also "appeared" to have gone off of Ok st after the block.

You also realize they didn't make a FG in the last like 7 minutes of the game. The touch fouls in a physical game was the ONLY way they scored.

I watched the entire game, it was an ugly game all the way around. I am not saying you have to be a professional, but that is not getting any older than the "refs screwed the Hogs " stuff posted after every game.

You say the calls were "anti-hog" are you saying th refs wanted OSu to win? If so, why did they not make a call on the last OSU shots, when there was ample contact to do so, to give OSU game winning FT's? Why did they not call Gafford for a push off on the tip in, another chance to be "anti-hog"?

So they did not make a fg in the last 7 minutes? How many possessions did they have in that 7 minutes where they made ft's?

lookawayquick

Back to the original post......does anyone have email contact info for Whitehead or the SEC office?  While it may not do any good, I would like to express my displeasure.  Not only did the refs miss a call or three, they inconsistently interpreted the rules.  And, the ego/attitude of Pat Adams and the dude who called the T on Barford have no place on the court.  Is it my imagination or have the Hogs drawn Pat Adams almost every other game? 

Cinco de Hogo

I thought the Georgia game was a well called game.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 08:52:34 am
I watched the entire game, it was an ugly game all the way around. I am not saying you have to be a professional, but that is not getting any older than the "refs screwed the Hogs " stuff posted after every game.

You say the calls were "anti-hog" are you saying th refs wanted OSu to win? If so, why did they not make a call on the last OSU shots, when there was ample contact to do so, to give OSU game winning FT's? Why did they not call Gafford for a push off on the tip in, another chance to be "anti-hog"?

So they did not make a fg in the last 7 minutes? How many possessions did they have in that 7 minutes where they made ft's?

I agree with you that not EVERY game is won/lost by the refs. But that doesn't mean that a game that has some VERY blatant bad calls that all go against the Hogs doesn't mean their can't be some bickering on an open forum about the refs.

The anti-hog comment was just a term used as falls going against the Hogs. That's it.

I don't have the FT count on those final 7 minutes but all of their points that they got once we finally came out of our hole that we dug were from FTs. No matter how you spin it, that's saying something when we were scoring on the other end.

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 29, 2018, 08:58:59 am
I thought the Georgia game was a well called game.

It was, but the same usual suspects were here posting the same usual " Hogs had to win 8 on 5 to beat the Dogs " stuff.

I have no problem saying a ref or an entire crew can have a bad game. I thought the crew in the KY/WVU let that game turn into rugby in the 2nd half. But to hear many hog fans every game the entire crew is intentionally out to get the Hogs. It just gets old that they go to that instead of actually looking at how the Hogs played.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 09:05:28 am
It was, but the same usual suspects were here posting the same usual " Hogs had to win 8 on 5 to beat the Dogs " stuff.

I have no problem saying a ref or an entire crew can have a bad game. I thought the crew in the KY/WVU let that game turn into rugby in the 2nd half. But to hear many hog fans every game the entire crew is intentionally out to get the Hogs. It just gets old that they go to that instead of actually looking at how the Hogs played.

There will ALWAYS be irrational posters. But you need some perspective in which you can't bash anyone who mentions bad reffing...when there is a game that IN FACT has bad reffing.

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 29, 2018, 09:03:28 am
I agree with you that not EVERY game is won/lost by the refs. But that doesn't mean that a game that has some VERY blatant bad calls that all go against the Hogs doesn't mean their can't be some bickering on an open forum about the refs.

The anti-hog comment was just a term used as falls going against the Hogs. That's it.

I don't have the FT count on those final 7 minutes but all of their points that they got once we finally came out of our hole that we dug were from FTs. No matter how you spin it, that's saying something when we were scoring on the other end.

OSU only made 18 ft's the entire game, don"t have a breakdown of when those were shot, but I know several were in the 1st half. Hogs were only called for 19 fouls the entire game, which is pretty normal for them.

The main difference Sat was that in the prior 2 games the Hogs had shot over 50% from the field and close to that from 3, Sat they were shot 39% fro the field ( 36 from 3 ) and were only 10-18 fro the FT line. That is why the game was close. If they just shoot 45% from the field and make 2 more ft's they win by double digits.

PonderinHog

Call them and ask for Mark Whitehead's email address:

Southeastern Conference

2201 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North

Birmingham, AL 35203

(205) 458-3000