Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Speed

Started by TexArkHogFan, September 18, 2017, 07:00:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TexArkHogFan

One thing that stands out to me is our team speed or lack of it. Of course, there are other things that have been discussed over and over but our team speed, or lack of it, is the root of all our problems. Speed is something that either you got it or you ain't.  Now there are a few things about speed that can be done to help, but lack of basic speed is what will come back to haunt us.  Anybody watch the Cowboys/Denver game yesterday?  The Broncos ran circles around the Cowboys and their superior speed was obvious.  The WR's and QB dominated that game and their defense stuffed the Cowboys the entire game.  Zeke hardly ever got past the line of scrimmage and they brought the Cowboys down to earth so fast they had to delay the game for an hour.  Their WR's literally shook the sky on their way to making the Cowboys eat humble pie.  The Cowboys so reminded me of the Hogs yesterday.  I was a competitive runner for many years and I'm not a football expert but I do know speed when I see it.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

bphi11ips

Can you suggest a halftime snack that might improve team speed?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HoginIllinois

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 07:16:50 am

Prune juice.

3kgthog

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 18, 2017, 07:16:50 am

Meth?

TexArkHogFan

Game day is too late.  Try wind sprints before and after after every practice.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Oklahawg

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 18, 2017, 07:36:03 am

Oh my! You think the team doesn't work on speed and agility?

I saw a team that was noticeably faster in the first game and clips of the second game (have not watched the entire TCU game). If we are still slow then that is a reasonable comment, I guess.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 18, 2017, 07:56:38 am
Oh my! You think the team doesn't work on speed and agility?

I saw a team that was noticeably faster in the first game and clips of the second game (have not watched the entire TCU game). If we are still slow then that is a reasonable comment, I guess.
We're still slow. Our football coach seems to have the same mentality as Abe Lemons when he said "ain't nothing hard about coaching track.  Just tell 'em to hang left and get back as quick as you can". 

DeltaBoy

Shoot even Memphis looked faster than the Hogs.  Tiger High on a roll
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

codeHog

hard to look fast with your speed on the bench

AirWarren

hawgon

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 18, 2017, 07:36:03 am

What, and mess up all those pics of our gains that we love to post?

codeHog

I suspect that in a couple years fans will be saying "Why was this player sitting on the bench while we were losing.....he is really good?"

Pecos Hog

TAMU has speed.   Hogs not so much.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: hawgon on September 18, 2017, 10:22:09 am
What, and mess up all those pics of our gains that we love to post?
Get rid of Herb and talk John McDonnell out of retirement.

hawgon

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on September 18, 2017, 12:23:16 pm
Get rid of Herb and talk John McDonnell out of retirement.

And who would produce "When the Freaks Come Out"?