Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Drew Champlin
‏@DrewChamplin

What is Auburn getting in new commit Kyle Davis? @bartonsimmons helps me out and explains - http://ow.ly/V4Rrp

Quote6-foot-2, 211-pound Davis was once committed to South Carolina, but the Tigers reap the rewards from the Lawrenceville, Ga., standout, who announced his commitment in a tweet on Wednesday and will likely enroll in January.

Barton Simmons, director of scouting for 247Sports, credited Auburn assistant Dameyune Craig for the recruiting win.

"This is one that Auburn just went out and won in an old fashioned recruiting battle," Simmons told AL.com. "Auburn struggled throwing the ball this year but it's not like Georgia or Tennessee have done a great job getting the ball to their receivers either. Receiver is certainly a need for Auburn in this class and Davis recognized that opportunity."

Davis joins Eli Stove and Marquis McClain as receiver commitments for the 2016 class. Stove is a four-star recruit from the Florida panhandle, but Davis' physical upside sets him apart in this year's crop of receivers.

"It will be interesting to see if he can hang onto the No. 1 WR spot in the rankings by signing day as he goes through the All-American circuit because he has shown some inconsistency, but his best has been better than everyone else's best to date," Simmons said. "He's just so strong and powerful and he still has the ability to run away from you despite a linebacker's frame."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  5h5 hours ago
Mother of nation's No. 1 prospect interested in learning more about Auburn's academics http://trib.al/r022bif

QuoteGary, the nation's No. 1 prospect out of Paramus Catholic High School (N.J.), took an unofficial visit to Auburn in June. His mother was not initially impressed with the Tigers' academic pitch.

The 5-star defensive lineman's mother, Jennifer Coney, was shown a video about the daily schedule of an Auburn football player. It documented everything from a player getting up in the morning, to going to school, tutoring and weight lifting. Coney was not impressed.

"They showed step-by-step the day in the life of a football player. And then when it was all over everybody looked at me and I was like, 'Really? I don't care about him (the player in the video),'" Coney told SEC Country in an interview this week.

"I just tell you how I feel. I don't care about him, I want to know what you are going to do for Rashan.

"It was a great movie. That's not why I spent my money to go down to Alabama to see."

Academics is a real sticking point for Coney when it comes to her son's looming college decision. She walked away from the video having more questions than answers, and was hoping for a more detailed report about Auburn's academic regimen.

"When Rashan is that far away and things don't go good and he has a bad day, he can always call me but sometimes you need somebody to talk one-on-one and not over the phone," Coney said. "Who is that person? When I go to college visits I have a ton of questions and I want them answered. You can't answer them with a film about somebody else."

But as quickly as her doubts arose, they quickly faded. Following the session, Coney was promised the information she wanted after lunch, and the Auburn staff delivered.

By the time Coney was done with lunch last summer, she told SEC Country that Auburn had sent the masses to ease her concern. She said that several high-ranking Auburn academic officials were at her service,, as well as people in charge of individualized scheduling and tutoring.

"So five or six people were there. And they sat there and broke it down," Coney told SEC Country. "That was impressive to me because not only did the football staff feel Rashan was that important to them. But that what I needed was important to them. They were home with their families and they came out."

Gary has previously taken official visits to Michigan and Ole Miss...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeffrey Lee ‏@JLeeAU21 Nov 25

Auburn has 16 commitments in its 2016 class. Ten of the 16 are scheduled to enroll at Auburn in January and practice in the spring.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 2h2 hours ago

Tennessee hosting a bevy of impressive recruits for Vanderbilt game http://trib.al/wMXNsIg

QuoteTennessee will host six junior college prospects this weekend for the Vanderbilt game. The Vols will host three junior college players already committed to Tennessee.

Defensive tackle Alexis Johnson, a 4-star prospect from Fort Scott Junior College (Fort Scott, Kan.), will take his official visit this weekend. So will 3-star receiver Jeff George and cornerback Desmond (D.J.) Henderson, both of whom are from Dodge City Junior College (Dodge City, Kan.).

George recently visited Auburn but told SEC Country that he is firmly committed to Tennessee and just took the trip "to get out of Dodge City"...

It was time to get outta Dodge

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Tob7as_/status/670700493191127040

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 3m3 minutes ago

Matt Jones Retweeted Cash Gilliam7⃣

One of UK's biggest recruits

jbcarol

Jen Smith ‏@jenheraldleader 7m7 minutes ago

Stoops: "This won't hurt our momentum in recruiting."

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Keith247Sports 6h6 hours ago

New 4* DE commit @NIckCoe_34 locked in with #Auburn

jbcarol

Drake Jackson
‏@THE_DRAKE_52

The #B16BlueNation is ready to work. No fair weather commits. We're going to do our best to help get this job done. We need your support.

Love or hate The Drake?

http://247sports.com/Player/Drake-Jackson-37345
'16 Woodford Reserve OG

jbcarol

Drew Champlin ‏@DrewChamplin 10h10 hours ago

Spoke w/ Auburn commit/Spanish Fort state champ Tre Threat on Will Muschamp rumors and more http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/auburn_commit_tre_threat_not_b.html ...

QuoteThe future starts sooner than later for Spanish Fort linebacker Tre Threat.

Threat committed to Auburn last spring and is said he'll be officially done with his high school classes next week. Threat, a four-star linebacker, had three tackles in the Toros' 31-28 Class 6A state championship win over Clay-Chalkville.

"The feeling is bittersweet," Threat said. "It's a great win, but I'm a senior and I want to keep playing high school football. I love the feeling. I love my team and I wouldn't be able to do it without them."

Threat has heard rumors that Will Muschamp, Auburn's defensive coordinator, won't be with the Tigers next year.

"I am 100 percent solid to Auburn," Threat said. "There's no changing, regardless of if there's some coaching changes or anything like that. I'm not going to let it affect my decision.

"I made a real close relationship with a bunch of coaches, especially Coach Muschamp. I talk to him every game I go to. I talk to him in my off time. He has to do what's best for him and if he decides to leave, it's his own personal choice and I can't hold it against him."

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound Threat will play in the Under Armour All-America game in Orlando on Jan. 2.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tennessee lost another commitment Sunday when defensive lineman Chidi Okonya from Riverdale High School (Riverdale, Ga.) announced he will de-commit from theVols.

Chidi Okonya@_itschii

After careful consideration I am de committing myself from the University of Tennessee. I thank the Vol Nation and staff for their support.

Quote6-foot-6 ½, 230-pounder's decision drops Tennessee to 16 commitments for the 2016 class. The 4-star prospect committed to the Vols in May over several scholarship offers, including Georgia, Clemson and Florida, among others

On Sunday. Okonya is the second prospect to announce he is no longer a part of the Vols' upcoming class. Athlete TaDarryl Marshall said his scholarship was revoked via Twitter on Sunday.

Marshall, a 6-foot, 180-pound prospect from Leeds High School (Leeds, Ala.), chose Tennessee over scholarship offers from several other schools, including Auburn, Alabama and Mississippi State.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 7h7 hours ago

Tennessee target announces no longer committed to Southern California http://trib.al/DrBFmVU

QuoteAmari Rodgers has opened his recruitment. 4-star, 2017 receiver prospect from Catholic HIgh School (Knoxville, Tenn.) had been committed to Southern California since June.

Rodgers' father, Southern California receivers coach Tee Martin, was a national championship winning quarterback for Tennessee in 1998. Several schools in the South, including Tennessee, have pursued Rodgers following the dismissal of former Southern Cal coach Steve Sarkisian in October.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 14m14 minutes ago

Mississippi State makes a late push to flip 4-star CB/Auburn commit John Broussard before he enrolls in January http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/12/10/mississippi-state-making-late-push-4-star-auburn-commit/77098376/ ...

QuoteHATTIESBURG - Time is of the essence for Central (Ala.) cornerback John Broussard.

The four-star Auburn commit will graduate high school in a few weeks and enroll in college in January. Broussard has been committed to the Tigers since May, but things grew complicated when former defensive coordinator Will Muschamp left last week to become the head coach at South Carolina.

"I'd say it affects me a bit because Coach Muschamp and (former Auburn defensive backs) Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) were a big reason why I committed to Auburn," Broussard said.

The 6-foot, 164-pound corner is one of the top commits for Auburn in 2016, and Tigers coach Gus Malzahn is trying to keep it that way...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  14m14 minutes ago
Auburn QB commit reinjures knee http://trib.al/0YCrZ5G

QuoteAuburn quarterback commit Lowell Narcisse sustained a right knee injury during his team's loss in the state championship. He suffered a torn his ACL to the same knee in May. At this time, the severity of the injury sustained on Saturday is unknown.

Narcisse was not supposed to play this season, as his recovery was supposed to last through his junior season. He came back and led his team to the state championship game.

6-foot-3, 200-pounder is rated as the nation's No. 4 dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2017 and Louisiana's No. 5 overall prospect. He committed to Auburn in July over LSU and Clemson.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin  3h3 hours ago
Courtney Cronin Retweeted Brou Brou ™
Four-star Auburn cornerback commit John Broussard is headed on a visit to Mississippi State. 

jbcarol

Jon Hale
‏@JonHale_CJ

New Story | UK football adds junior-college outside linebacker Jordan Bonner to 2016 recruiting class http://cjky.it/1NNtRp8

jbcarol

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP 13h13 hours ago

Vols sign junior college trio of Alexis Johnson, Jeff George and DJ Henderson.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jeffrey Lee ‏@JLeeAU21 20h20 hours ago

Half of Auburn's 18 commitments/signees will begin classes at AU in January.

Enrolling in Jan (9) Davidson (DE), Jackson (DT), James (DE), Threat (LB), Broussard (CB), Rice (TE), Davis (WR), Miller (RB), Franklin (QB)

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on December 18, 2015, 09:56:14 am
Jeffrey Lee ‏@JLeeAU21 20h20 hours ago

Half of Auburn's 18 commitments/signees will begin classes at AU in January.

Enrolling in Jan (9) Davidson (DE), Jackson (DT), James (DE), Threat (LB), Broussard (CB), Rice (TE), Davis (WR), Miller (RB), Franklin (QB)

Jeffrey Lee ‏@JLeeAU21 Dec 17

Auburn now has 18 commitments/signees in 2016 class. Ten are ranked as a 4- or 5-star by http://Rivals.com .

jbcarol

Tashawn Manning@tashawn544

I wanna thank my @AUFAMILY  for all their uplifting prayers and words of encouragement I also want to thank the aufamily for the donations.

1:08 PM - 18 Dec 2015

Sentinel Recruiting ‏@OS_Recruiting Dec 3

Auburn commit Tashawn Manning @Tashawn544 diagnosed w/cancer
#TeamManning #Always Winning
http://fw.to/YeLS0RX 

jbcarol

SportsCenter Verified account
‏@SportsCenter

Kareem Walker, the No. 1 ranked RB in the 2016 class, has committed to Michigan over ASU, Auburn and FSU. http://es.pn/1UFDaca

jbcarol

Chuck Kingsbury ‏@Kingsbury_AJC 11h11 hours ago

Auburn, LSU in final three for four-star linebacker Rahshaun Smith | http://sec.news/1OhCsfP 

Quotefour-star linebacker Rahshaun Smith will decide between three programs — Auburn, LSU and Clemson.

The IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) standout tweeted Sunday evening that he would be announcing his decision on Jan. 2 at the Under Armour All-America Game.

Clemson got his last official visit.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 2h2 hours ago

Top Tennessee prospect postpones decision and possibly enrollment http://trib.al/u1Or4D6

QuoteDonnie Corley's recruitment is more fluid than he is.

The 4-star receiver from Martin Luther King High School (Wyandotte, Mich.) told SEC Country on Wednesday that he's not sure if he'll be able to enroll at his chosen school in January...

He's still primarily considering Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Tennessee.

Corley has taken a liking to Miami, in part, because former UGA coach Mark Richt has taken the reigns there.

"I liked Georgia too," Corley said.

One service ranks Corley as the No. 19 WR in our nation and No. 2 player in Michigan.

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens Dec 22

Matthew Stevens Retweeted KD Clause - Ho Ho Ho

4-star WR Kyle Davis announces signing Financial Aid Agreement papers w/ Auburn. Expected to be eligible for spring.

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 Dec 26

#Vols commits, targets playing in national all-star games: (FREE) http://bit.ly/1PpykgZ  via @GoVols247

QuoteUnder Armour All-America Game
TENNESSEE COMMITMENTS
Jarrett Guarantano, QB, Oradell, N.J.
Marquill Osborne, CB, Cornelius, N.C.

TENNESSEE TARGETS
Carlos Becker, CB, Kissimmee, Fla.
Landon Dickerson, OL, Hudson, N.C.
Terrell Hall, DE, Washington, D.C.
Cavin Ridley, WR, Deerfield Beach, Fla.

U.S. Army All-American Bowl

TENNESSEE COMMITMENTS
None

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 6h6 hours ago

4-star OT reveals new top schools, excludes Auburn http://trib.al/46i2PCs

QuoteIn recent months, four-star offensive tackle E.J. Price had maintained that Georgia and Auburn were his co-leaders.

Price listed Oklahoma, USC and Georgia among his favorites. The Tigers, however, appear to be on the outside looking in —

Ej Price
‏@Ej_Price77

Top 3 schools not Final

jbcarol

Kash Daniel ‏@KashDaniel15 28 Dec 2015

Wheels up to San Antonio on Saturday✈️ catch me wearing #52 for the west squad! #ArmyBowl

Gonna miss the media, physics, and AP lit squad.

jbcarol

'16 Peachtree Ridge 3-star CB Baylen Buchanan gave a verbal to Tennessee.

jbcarol

Jon Hale@JonHale_CJ

New Story | Some background on the JUCO QB UK offered this week http://cjky.it/1R2ewUa

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 16h16 hours ago

Kyle Tucker Retweeted Jon Hale

Cats currently have one scholarship QB, adding one more (a freshman) this month, badly need another. This guy?

https://twitter.com/stephen_h_j/status/682671798282928128

QuoteThe first step to addressing the shortage of quarterbacks on the roster created by the transfers of Patrick Towles and Reese Phillips may have come this week with a scholarship offer to three-star College of the Desert quarterback Stephen Johnson II.

Johnson completed 58.3 percent of his passes for 3,210 yards, 34 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 10 games as a junior-college sophomore in 2015. He also gained 429 yards and eight touchdowns on 126 carries.

Johnson is ranked as the No. 5 dual-threat junior-college quarterback in the country by the 247Sports Composite...

Arkansas State and Hawaii have also offered scholarships to Johnson, who would have two seasons of eligibility remaining ...

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 01, 2016, 09:46:00 am
Kash Daniel ‏@KashDaniel15 28 Dec 2015

Wheels up to San Antonio on Saturday✈️ catch me wearing #52 for the west squad! #ArmyBowl

Gonna miss the media, physics, and AP lit squad.

Jon Hale ‏@JonHale_CJ 17h17 hours ago

UK commit Kash Daniel named Kentucky Mr. Football http://bit.ly/1MLh41d

jbcarol

'16 6-6 and biscuit shy o' 260 Colerain 3-star OT Nathan Niehaus gave a verbal to Tennessee. 

Jones is keeping his tie to Cincinnati area recruiting.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 13h13 hours ago

Anyone blasting a kid for committing/decommitting/committing somewhere else likely doesn't remember being a 16- to 19-year-old.

I remember being a high school senior. It would have been difficult at that point in my life to avoid committing to every place I visited.

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 15h15 hours ago

JUST IN: Nation's top juco prospect decommits from #Vols

QuoteJonathan Kongbo, a 6-foot-5.5, 264-pound defensive end from Arizona Western College

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 9h9 hours ago

4-star RB names Kentucky his leader http://sec.news/1OSVxFc

QuoteFour-star running back Adarius Lemons announced that Kentucky — not Ohio State — is now the school leading his recruitment.

"All do respect Ohio State is no longer the leader," Lemons tweeted.

"Kentucky Wildcats is now the school I will be leaning (to)," adding a #BBN at the end.

Lemons holds offers Florida, Mississippi State and Missouri, among others, as well as both Ohio State and Michigan, two Big Ten schools that at different times led his recruitment.

The 6-foot-2, 180 pound prospect out of Clearwater High School (Fla.) is rated as the No. 19 running back in the 2017 recruiting class and Florida's No. 32 prospect, per 247Sports' composite rankings.

jbcarol

UK football commitments Kash Daniel, Drake Jackson and Landon Young helped lead the West team to a 37-9 victory in the Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio on Saturday.

QuoteDaniel — an inside linebacker — finished the game with three tackles and one tackle for loss. Future teammates Jackson and Young blocked for a West offense that outgained the East team in yardage, 338-164. Jackson was praised multiple times during the nationally televised broadcast.

All three UK commitments started for the West squad, and Daniel and Jackson were named team captains earlier in the week.

All in-state guys

jbcarol

With a little more than three weeks until National Signing Day on Feb. 3, Auburn has 18 players in its recruiting class and ranks 10th in the nation on Rivals.com's team recruiting rankings.

QuoteOf those 18 prospects, nine will be starting classes this week. Along with EMCC backup QB John Franklin III, fellow JUCO signee Paul James II — a three-star defensive end — will also be enrolled. The Tigers also have five true freshmen enrolling early, including five-star defensive end Marlon Davidson — the No. 1 defensive end in the country, marking the second straight season Auburn has signed the top-rated player at that position. Joining Davidson on the Plains will be Central four-star cornerback John Broussard, four-star wide receiver Kyle Davis, four-star tight end Landon Rice, four-star linebacker Tre Threat, four-star defensive tackle Antwuan Jackson and four-star athlete Malik Miller.
Getting those players on campus early is a big plus for Auburn, though there's still work to be done with National Signing Day quickly approaching.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tennessee commits react to hiring of Shoop

Quote"That's really exciting," three-star cornerback Baylen Buchanan from Peachtree Ridge High School (Suwanee, Ga.) said. "I've heard real good things about him. I'm interested in talking to him and getting to know him."

The timing of the hire certainly helped Desmond Henderson. The defensive back from Dodge City (Kansas) Junior College enrolls at Tennessee on Monday.

Linebacker Ja'Quain Blakely from Colquitt County High School (Moultrie, Ga.) strongly endorsed the hire.

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 16h16 hours ago

Changed my @247CrystalBall prediction to Tennessee for OT Marcus Tatum. Hearing #Vols won him and his mom over. http://247sports.com/User/Zach%20Abolverdi/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2016&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football ...

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan ‏@RyanCallahan247 4h4 hours ago

Three-star Fla. OT commits to #Vols: (FREE) http://bit.ly/1K9GtSD  via @GoVols247

QuoteThree-star senior offensive tackle Marcus Tatum of Mainland High School in Daytona Beach, Fla., announced Monday afternoon on his Twitter account that he has committed to Tennessee.

The 6-foot-6.5, 255-pound Tatum chose the Vols over Florida, Miami and Alabama.

Tatum gave Tennessee its 17th known commitment for the 2016 class and its third from an offensive lineman, joining four-star offensive tackle Ryan Johnson of Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy and three-star offensive tackle Nathan Niehaus of Cincinnati's Colerain High School.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on January 11, 2016, 10:14:13 am
Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 16h16 hours ago

Changed my @247CrystalBall prediction to Tennessee for OT Marcus Tatum. Hearing #Vols won him and his mom over. http://247sports.com/User/Zach%20Abolverdi/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2016&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football ...

SB Nation Recruiting ‏@SBNRecruiting 8h8 hours ago

Assuming Tennessee adds 3-star OL Marcus Tatum this afternoon, some info: Bright student, athletic, does need at least 40 lbs so obvious RS

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 1h1 hour ago

Signing Day countdown: Where Auburn's offensive targets stand now: http://ow.ly/WYumi 

QuoteAuburn's 2016 recruiting class currently holds 17 commitments with room for more, as the Tigers look to add to their receiving corps and offensive line...

Willie Allen (OT, New Orleans, Louisiana)
This massive four-star prospect stands at 6-foot-7, 300 pounds and is at the top of Auburn's offensive line board. The Tigers are in his top five, along with LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss and TCU -- but that was before Auburn replaced J.B. Grimes with Herb Hand as the offensive line coach...

Nate Craig-Myers (WR, Tampa, Florida)
You can't count Auburn out of this race until the elite prospect puts pen to paper, since he was once committed to the Tigers from July 2014 to May 2015. He has always had a great relationship with wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig and Craig-Myers will take his official visit to the Plains this weekend with his brother, defensive back Jayvaughn Myers...

jbcarol

Jon Hale ‏@JonHale_CJ 5h5 hours ago

UK officially announces Drake Jackson, Kash Daniel, Gunnar Hoak and Dakota Holtzclaw as mid-year enrollees.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 32m32 minutes ago

How did Auburn transfers fare in 2015? Find out; http://ow.ly/X58mX 

QuoteCheck out how nine former Auburn players performed in 2015 after transferring from the Plains with this statistical roundup:

Linebacker Mackenro Alexander (Northeast Mississippi) In his lone season at NEMCC, Alexander finished with 29 tackles (17 solo) and 2.5 tackles for loss for the Tigers (2-7). He has since signed with South Florida.

Defensive end Elijah Daniel (Murray State) Daniel finished with 32 total tackles, including nine for loss with 3.5 sacks while adding three quarterback hurries, one forced fumble and one blocked kick for the Racers (3-8).

Offensive lineman Christian Westerman (Arizona State) The Sun Devils finished 6-7 as Westerman and the offensive line made way for 178.8 rushing yards per game while allowing 39 sacks for 233 yards.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Andrew John ‏@Andrew_L_John 23h23 hours ago Palm Desert, CA

COD quarterback @stephen_h_j, one of the top players in SoCal, signed with #Kentucky today. Story coming. #BBN @BBN

College of the Desert is former Vandy TE Brandon Vandenburg's former Juco.

jbcarol