Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 04:16:25 am

Re: Alex Collins

Started by RebelliousHog, September 24, 2017, 12:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Happy for all our Hogs in the NFL. I bet THEY ain't going to one knee on the SSB.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

DOGALUM

Does anyone know whether AC and/or Mallett kneeled for the anthem?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 12:54:20 pm
Does anyone know whether AC and/or Mallett kneeled for the anthem?

No idea. Does it really matter?  More are kneeling now because the president can't just shut his mouth. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Qui Gon Jinn

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/24/pittsburgh-steelers-national-anthem-mike-tomlin/697847001/

Tom Brady can tweet all he wants about "Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Team. Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Loyalty. Work. #nflplayer" and Aaron Rodgers  can tweet about "#unity #brotherhood #family #dedication #love #" all they want.  They don't know what those things really are.

This guy lived all of this and put it on the line so these guys can play football.  Alejandro Villanueva has lived these things under fire, not just on the field.  I would shake Villanueva's hand, the others, not so much.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on September 24, 2017, 01:59:41 pm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/24/pittsburgh-steelers-national-anthem-mike-tomlin/697847001/

Tom Brady can tweet all he wants about "Strength. Passion. Love. Brotherhood. Team. Unity. Commitment. Dedication. Determination. Respect. Loyalty. Work. #nflplayer" and Aaron Rodgers  can tweet about "#unity #brotherhood #family #dedication #love #" all they want.  They don't know what those things really are.

This guy lived all of this and put it on the line so these guys can play football.  Alejandro Villanueva has lived these things under fire, not just on the field.  I would shake Villanueva's hand, the others, not so much.

Tomlin did the right thing. Just don't bring out the players before the anthem.

PorkRinds

The NFL should just stop televising the anthem.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Glad to see Alex get a breathe of fresh life in Baltimore. It looked like he was close to being out of the NFL in Seattle.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 24, 2017, 01:46:26 pm
No idea. Does it really matter?  More are kneeling now because the president can't just shut his mouth. 

Ummm, this started before any of us thought Trump had a chance in Hell.  Let's not blame this on Trump.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebHog

Does anyone know if Collins got in the game early or these carries during the blowout? I am hoping he gets a chance to be a meaningful back in the League.

DOGALUM

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 24, 2017, 01:46:26 pm
yes.  It absolutely matters to me.  That is why I asked.

3kgthog

Quote from: HenduHog on September 24, 2017, 02:36:16 pm
Ummm, this started before any of us thought Trump had a chance in Hell.  Let's not blame this on Trump.

Started before him and then kinda died down. Now he's lit a fire he can't put out.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Glad our guys are getting a chance to shine and proud of them regardless.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 24, 2017, 02:51:01 pm
Started before him and then kinda died down. Now he's lit a fire he can't put out.

This died down only when last season ended.  Then it ramped back up in this year's pre-season, and continued to get stronger as CK couldn't make a roster.  His supporters refuse to lay blame for his unemployment on his poor performance, or hateful positions.  Instead, they lay the blame on others whom they call "white supremacist," or "racist." The President is just a convenient scapegoat.  His comments, a reflection of how many people feel, are little more than an excuse for bad behavior by "crybaby millionaires" who are disrespectful to the county that allows them the opportunity to get rich playing a game.

Silver Hog

my3boneheads

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 24, 2017, 03:50:00 pm
boycotting the NFL.

I don't blame you. We have people dying so we can have freedom and we can't stand for the national anthem to show our thanks? This country has become so backslid it's insane.

bphi11ips

All the more reason for me to pull for the Titans today against the Seahawks.  I was counting on seeing him here today when the 2017 schedule came out.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

greenEGnHAWGS

Wonder if any of the Seahawks RBs wish they'd been cut...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Flighthawg

It is important for me too!  Let the players speak their opinions that is fine with me.  Kneeling during the National Anthem sends a message to me the players don't wish to support the United States. (Not solidarity, brotherhood, team support)  If that is the case, they should show their resentment by leaving the country and find work else where.  Just my opinion, from someone who helped protect that flag the players choose to kneel in front of. 

longpig

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 24, 2017, 04:22:28 pm
I don't blame you. We have people dying so we can have freedom and we can't stand for the national anthem to show our thanks? This country has become so backslid it's insane.

Kneeling during the national anthem is freedom.  You know where you can't kneel during the national anthem?

Those countries we've been fighting.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Silver Hog

i remember when taking a knee was BAD!

Augustus

First off, while the kneeling started with Colin K last year, the explosive kneeling/standing arms locked across nearly all NFL teams today... is solely due to President Trump and his comments made a few days ago.

This weekend, entire NFL teams are not coming out during the Anthem, not because of the Anthem... but because of Trump and his mouth.

Second... just curious, for those that get outraged about someone kneeling during the Anthem... do you also get outraged at the TV cameramen who walk around filming everyone else during Anthem, and don't observe it at all?

apcapri

Do you stand in your living room when it's played on TV? Just curious.

apcapri

And before 2011 or so teams didn't really come out and line up for the anthem. I'm sure most players were just sitting in the locker room. Wasn't a big deal then. What's changed?

nchogg

Quote from: Flighthawg on September 24, 2017, 04:44:06 pm
It is important for me too!  Let the players speak their opinions that is fine with me.  Kneeling during the National Anthem sends a message to me the players don't wish to support the United States. (Not solidarity, brotherhood, team support)  If that is the case, they should show their resentment by leaving the country and find work else where.  Just my opinion, from someone who helped protect that flag the players choose to kneel in front of.
I agree. Some of these players need to go to the 4th of July celebration in Pensacola, FL and watch the citizens, veterans and military during the National Anthem. They all stand with hands over heart unless they are in a wheel chair because they can't stand. It's all about the honor of our military past and present.

bphi11ips

Meanwhile Chris Carson at 9 carries for 26 yards for Seahawks.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hoglady

I don't know what teams did what other than Houston and New England.
The radio said all the Texans stood arms locked together.
New England had about 10 or so players kneel??, but Brady stood with his hand over his heart.
The Pat's fans let those kneeling have it - resounding boos, then resounding cheers after for the anthem, then some more resounding boos for the kneelers.
Kudos to the Pats fans.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorcineSublime

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 24, 2017, 02:09:07 pm
Tomlin did the right thing. Just don't bring out the players before the anthem.
This is the answer. I would elaborate, but I think this should remain a thread about AC getting PT.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

onebadrubi

Chris smith just got a sack for cincy.... I had forgotten all about him. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 24, 2017, 02:51:01 pm
maybe it doesn't need to be put out, the fire you speak of...personally I'm tired of capitulating to every grievance that comes along
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 24, 2017, 05:05:10 pm
Meanwhile Chris Carson at 9 carries for 26 yards for Seahawks.
I'm not a fan of Pete errgh Cheat Carroll....the snake in the grass broke every rule in the book at USC then slithers up the west coast to Seattle for a new lie, errgh, life...I think Carroll would lie when the truth sounded better and if he ever wins another game it will be one too many...AC should be thankful for being out of Pete Carroll's web of deceit 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 24, 2017, 04:48:07 pm
i remember when taking a knee was BAD!
friggn SUPER POINT...I had not thought of that...boy was that guy ever laughed at by the media for taking a knee because of his religious beliefs....great find

DOGALUM

Flowers and Wise both knelt during the anthem.  To hell with them both. 

DOGALUM

AC is my all time favorite Hog, but if he knelt....to hell with him too.

Augustus

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 05:49:06 pm
AC is my all time favorite Hog, but if he knelt....to hell with him too.

What if he just locked arms with the rest of his team? (The Ravens who didn't kneel, did).

Because... while AC didn't kneel, he did lock arms to show solidarity with his fellow teammates & brothers across the NFL.  So... the sentiment is kind of still there, no?

You should probably hate AC too, along with Flowers & Wise... just to be on the safe side

bennyl08

First I complained when there were marches and such and said that they needed to do peaceful, law abiding demonstrations.

Now that they are doing that, I'm going to complain because they are doing it in a way that's making noise and making it hard for me to ignore what they are saying, and that makes me angry.

Further, I'm also going to complain, because I assume everybody interprets things the same way I do. Just because I think the anthem represents one thing, I'm going to assume every single other person interprets it exactly the same.

Way to go Flowers and Wise. Snowflakes will melt over your actions, but you guys are and have been great ambassadors for the University of Arkansas.

Throughout the NFL, it has been a good week for razorbacks.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DOGALUM

Quote from: Augustus on September 24, 2017, 06:11:34 pm
What if he just locked arms with the rest of his team? (The Ravens who didn't kneel, did).

Because... while AC didn't kneel, he did lock arms to show solidarity with his fellow teammates & brothers across the NFL.  So... the sentiment is kind of still there, no?

You should probably hate AC too, along with Flowers & Wise... just to be on the safe side
i don't hate either of them.  Hate was your word.  Certainly not mine.  Grow up man.  Disagreeing with someone....even to the point of wanting nothing to do with them....is not "hate".  Too many people like you that seem to not know what hate means. 

Stewhog 11

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 06:18:47 pm
i don't hate either of them.  Hate was your word.  Certainly not mine.  Grow up man.  Disagreeing with someone....even to the point of wanting nothing to do with them....is not "hate".  Too many people like you that seem to not know what hate means.

You said they should go to hell...

HogHomer

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 05:48:26 pm
Flowers and Wise both knelt during the anthem.  To hell with them both.
I get this is a sensitive subject but seriously how is this trash allowed to stay on the board. You dont Have to agree with them that's your right as it is their to voice their opinion as long as it harms no one else.

Get the freak over yourself.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on September 24, 2017, 06:20:49 pm
You said they should go to hell...
i said "to hell with them".   

010HogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 24, 2017, 06:16:19 pm
First I complained when there were marches and such and said that they needed to do peaceful, law abiding demonstrations.

Now that they are doing that, I'm going to complain because they are doing it in a way that's making noise and making it hard for me to ignore what they are saying, and that makes me angry.

Further, I'm also going to complain, because I assume everybody interprets things the same way I do. Just because I think the anthem represents one thing, I'm going to assume every single other person interprets it exactly the same.

Way to go Flowers and Wise. Snowflakes will melt over your actions, but you guys are and have been great ambassadors for the University of Arkansas.

+1

Kevin

Walking around doing  your job during the anthem, is not the same as doing a protest during the anthem.

Yes I would like tv to fix one camera on whose singing and have their crew stand

These players have a platform any time they want one, they don't have to disrespect this country, to protest.

If you ask have of them, they would not know what they are protesting.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Stewhog 11

hoglady

I like what the Steelers did - Smart move.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DOGALUM

Quote from: HogHomer on September 24, 2017, 06:22:00 pm
I get this is a sensitive subject but seriously how is this trash allowed to stay on the board. You dont Have to agree with them that's your right as it is their to voice their opinion as long as it harms no one else.

Get the freak over yourself.
because they played here and I cheered my ass off for them, they get a pass?   No thanks.  I'm an American and a veteran way before I'm blindly loyal to someone who played at the school I love. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

daprospecta

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 24, 2017, 06:16:19 pm

Thank you sir.  Trump called the rioters in Charlottesville good people but athletes who protest silently AND non-violently "Sons of [CENSORED]" and he still has a 40% approval rating.  Even with that, people still think racism is dead and the cause the athletes are fighting  doesn't have a leg to stand.  Some of you should be ashamed.   

010HogFan

No one wants to hear it, but the point of doing it during the anthem is visibility. any other means of protest would go unnoticed and you guys know it. All the outrage does is prove that they have your attention and in that case, that the protest is working.

daprospecta

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
because they played here and I cheered my ass off for them, they get a pass?   No thanks.  I'm an American and a veteran way before I'm blindly loyal to someone who played at the school I love. 
Have you ever thought for one second that they are not protesting you or the veterans?

HogHomer

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 24, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
You don't have to be blindly loyal to them. I don't agree with what they do but that is my opinion and I'm not gonna say "to hell with them" just because their opinion doesn't mesh with mine.