Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Anderson explains what Arkansas State needs to upset Nebraska, Miami

Started by Seminole Indian, July 10, 2017, 11:48:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Found link to this article on Howlyes.com.

"We really take the same methodical approach to everyday practice. They're like everybody else. They're going to play with 11, but if we play our best game, don't turn the ball over and are ready when they make mistakes, those are games we can win. We have to have everything go our way, but we've seen those games won before, and we are talented enough to do it."

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Blake-Anderson-explains-what-Arkansas-State-needs-to-upset-Nebraska-Miami#.WWL5ESAiBr8.twitter

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

First game of the year. ASU might stick around with Nebraska.   

Seminole Indian

While this A-State team is probably more talented than last year, they again are breaking in a lot of "newbies" who are just now joining the program. With a new  OL, and a lot of new faces in the secondary on defense, it is reasonable to  expected that it will take some time for them to get going.

The front end of their schedule is harder than last year, when they started 0-4, so a 1-4 start is certainly possible, and that is something they do not want. I think that is why Anderson will be coordinating the offense, and coaching QB's.

I do expect that they will end up in a bowl game, and have a good shot at another SBC Championship.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

QuoteWith a new  OL, and a lot of new faces in the secondary on defense, it is reasonable to  expected that it will take some time for them to get going.

And therein lies the problem against Miami.  Miami front 7 is as good as anyone in the country this year everyone is back from last years team.  And the speed at WR will be too much for a young ASU secondary.

Seminole Indian

A-State has really upgraded their talent at safety, and they were very good there last year, but I agree Miami's speed will be a problem, as it was in their game at Miami. Granted it was one players speed that killed them, but they have even more speed across the board this time.  Miami is just a very, very talented team.

While A-States OL is new, they are head-and-shoulders above last years group in talent, so if they can have some success in running the ball they have enough talent at QB and at receiver to have some success.

Should be a fun game to watch.

What I do expect is that people will see that this A-State team has a lot more speed and talent than they have had, and that in 10 games, they will have the talent advantage.

holeinthewall

I have my tickets for the ASU-Miami game. Should be a good day of tailgating.