Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State #90 on CFN's Prespring Rankings

Started by Seminole Indian, April 07, 2017, 07:15:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Another slow start but strong finish expected.

"Give it a little time, and Arkansas State should be able to roll and be in the mix for the Sun Belt title once again. Give the coaching staff a little time and the lines should be fine, but it's asking a whole lot to replace so much experience on both sides. With Nebraska coming up first and Miami to follow, it could be a rough go early on. The ranking will be much, much higher as the season goes on – just like last year – but give it a bit."

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/2017-prespring-rankings-no-90-arkansas-state-red-wolves
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

Tough non conference schedule for the Red Wolves
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

April 10, 2017, 08:00:04 pm #2 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:23:47 am by Seminole Indian
They have their work cut out for themselves not to start 1-3.

I did watch their scrimmage Saturday, and I expect this team will be better than last years at some point. Much more physical on offense.

Their HC (if you can call a guy that is going to coordinate the offense, call plays and coach QB's a HC, and not a coordinator), said this has been their best spring in his tenure there. 

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

They started slow last year but finished strong.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 12, 2017, 02:42:08 pm
ASU doing a pretty good job.
Yes, but they need to do a little better, especially on offense.

The offense has really not been what they had hoped it would be under Blake Anderson, and his taking over the role of OC, QB coach, and play-calling is expected  to change that. 

They certainly have the talent to be better in 2017, and based on reports from their scrimmage Friday, it looks like things are finally beginning to come together on that side of the ball, so maybe 2017 will be when they finally see the product they expected to see when they hired Anderson.

asuato

Nebraska to start is tough but its a 1.7 million payday. Miami in Jonesboro is great for the state and ASU but they likely will be a top 10 next year.