Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McCasland Now Winningest 1st Year Coach in A-State BB History

Started by Seminole Indian, February 05, 2017, 12:40:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

The Red Wolves collected their sixth consecutive victory(over Appalachian State)  and improved to 17-6 overall, giving Grant McCasland the most victories ever by head coach in his first season at Arkansas State.  McCasland passed Marvin Speight (1963-64), John Rauth (1949-50) and Jack Dale (1931-32), who all claimed 16 wins their first year leading A-State.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211455087
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

clutch

He's a great guy too. I've gotten to speak with him a few times and it's been great every time. He's going to end up being a big name in college basketball I think.

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Everything I have heard from friends who are ASU fans is positive about him as a person as well as a coach. AD at  ASU has apparently made another HR hire.

holeinthewall

If they hadn't of lost the 2 games to App St and Coastal on the road they would have a shot at an at large. That app st loss killed them.  Will be interesting to see if a bigger program comes after McCasland. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 07, 2017, 06:47:08 am
If they hadn't of lost the 2 games to App St and Coastal on the road they would have a shot at an at large. That app st loss killed them.  Will be interesting to see if a bigger program comes after McCasland.

It was said on the ASU board, and I happen to agree with it, that ASU would likely need to win a game in the NCAA tourney first before some bigger school comes calling. Just winning the Sunbelt postseason tourney for the auto bid likely won't be enough to draw real interest. And ASU still has a tough row to hoe to even get that auto bid.

btw, with last nights win over Coastal Carolina ASU has won 7 straight. 18-6 and looking good.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.