Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State VS Georgia State Thursday Night

Started by Seminole Indian, October 31, 2016, 07:37:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

October 31, 2016, 07:37:58 am Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:53:11 pm by Seminole Indian
Game on ESPNU.

No line has been set for the game, and after four straight home games, they now must play four of their last five games on the road, starting this Thursday.

Even though their head coach is doing his best emphasizing that they are 3-0 in SBC play, their fans apparently have not gotten over their 0-4 start and there is really not a lot of interest in Redwolf football right now.

They continued to show improvement on the field after a bye week before their game with ULM, especially on defense, where they have really been playing well since the UCA game.

On offense, the continued improvement of Sophomore QB Justice Hansen, and better play by the OL,since the UCA game also continued.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Looks like they are a 2-3 point favorite in the game. 
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

PossumFan

Really need a FG kicker. Misses from 42 and 24 in 1st Q.

Sure love watching Warren Wand run the ball. Dynamic at 5-foot-5.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PossumFan on November 03, 2016, 07:09:57 pm
Really need a FG kicker. Misses from 42 and 24 in 1st Q.

Sure love watching Warren Wand run the ball. Dynamic at 5-foot-5.

He would really look good running it on jet sweeps instead of that BS up the middle crap Buster Faulkner stubbornly runs.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

PossumFan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 03, 2016, 08:11:53 pm
He would really look good running it on jet sweeps instead of that BS up the middle crap Buster Faulkner stubbornly runs.

His build and running style kind of reminds me of Dennis Johnson, one of my all-time favorite Hog RBs. Compact, low to the ground, hard to get a good shot on him.

PossumFan

Good grief. ASU returns blocked punt for TD, returns punt for TD, a snap over punter's head sets up another TD. Georgia State answers the punt return with a KO return for TD, but ASU blocks the PAT. Never have seen a game where special teams have figured so prominently. ASU offense stifled, but they still lead 24-16 in the 4th.

asuato

ASU wins 31-16. Buster Faulkner is awful as an OC. What Blake saw in him I don't know. Offensive line play is poor at best. One series had a play where GSU rushed four linemen and two sacked the QB. I think Hansen was sacked six times and rushed a lot more. Troy will destroy us like this.

Seminole Indian

That the game came down to defense, and special team play was pretty much what was expected, but watching them in the 1st half it should not have.

Did not catch the 2nd half, but other than the fact they failed to score when they had the opportunity , like the UCA game A-State's offense was in control of the game at the start, something very hard to do against this Georgia State defense.

This game shows that, just like the GaSo game this year and a lot of games last year, even when they are not scoring points with their offense, their defense, and above average speed and talent everywhere gives them a chance because they can still score points  in a lot of ways.

Because of their talent, if they do not beat themselves(something they were very good at in their first four games), it will be very hard for any SBC team to beat them even when they are not playing well on offense, even Troy.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: asuato on November 03, 2016, 10:29:46 pm
ASU wins 31-16. Buster Faulkner is awful as an OC. What Blake saw in him I don't know. Offensive line play is poor at best. One series had a play where GSU rushed four linemen and two sacked the QB. I think Hansen was sacked six times and rushed a lot more. Troy will destroy us like this.
The offensive line play is baffling.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 04, 2016, 10:28:31 am
The offensive line play is baffling.

Were suppose to be the strength of the team, and the only games they have looked decent in is Auburn, and ULM.

asuato

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 04, 2016, 01:12:50 pm
Were suppose to be the strength of the team, and the only games they have looked decent in is Auburn, and ULM.

They played well against South Alabama also. Its not the players, its the scheme under the new O-line coach. I fully expect a change there after the season.

Seminole Indian

November 06, 2016, 07:03:43 am #11 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:24:47 am by Seminole Indian
Apparently they have a problem staying healthy too.

Need to use the extra time before New Mexico State to continue to show improvement across the board.

While there is not a lot of buzz about their program now, if they beat New Mexico State at home, I expect interest will pick up. That would put them one win shy of being bowl eligible, and even though their last three games are on the road, they will likely be favored in two of them, and certainly have the talent to win all three.