Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Bad.

Started by Seminole Indian, July 31, 2016, 09:34:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

July 31, 2016, 09:34:19 am Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:47:05 am by Seminole Indian
For not leaving the original subject title when merging topics. Well Humpty Dumpty, just was not thinking when I was clicking. I'll do better going forward Harry.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BPsTheMan

my football season is ruined already

Seminole Indian

All those great threads jumbled, but what can I say i did it.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 31, 2016, 09:48:16 am

You need to hit ole Seminole up for some suite seats and come catch a game. They play on every night of the week, so you can't use watching a Hog game as an excuse.

Seminole Indian

Only suite seats I have access to are at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, and that side of the family does not like me.

Well one family member was a football star for the Hawgs in the 80's , and I think he is on good terms with his ex, who someone told me married a Tyson ( have no idea if that is true, just she is not married to him) , so he might have got me access over there, but not sure that side of the family likes me either.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 31, 2016, 10:39:34 am
Only suite seats I have access are at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, and that side of the family does not like me.

Well one family member was a football star for the Hawgs in the 80's , and I think he is on good terms with his ex, who someone told me married a Tyson ( have no idea if that is true, just she is not married to him) , so he might have got me access over there, but not sure that side of the family likes me either.

Oh, with your connections to the movers and shakers at the water cooler at church, I bet you could swing some seats for Harry in the Allison tower.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2016, 10:45:25 am
Oh, with your connections to the movers and shakers at the water cooler at church, I bet you could swing some seats for Harry in the Allison tower.
I don't think they like me either.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 31, 2016, 10:48:34 am
I don't think they like me either.

Ok, I'll get him some, it's pretty easy. I just thought he would appreciate them more coming from you.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2016, 10:54:06 am
Ok, I'll get him some, it's pretty easy. I just thought he would appreciate them more coming from you.
I was hoping you would step-up to the plate and help him out. Kodo's to you ricepig.

thebignasty

Might have to switch to making ATU threads

Seminole Indian

After today I'm going to follow the example of jbcarol on SEC Sports and try and focus in providing links related to the other state schools.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Keep mixing them up and merging them and playing head games.  Keeps biggus off.   balance. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 31, 2016, 09:48:16 am

Did Willie Snograss II walk-on this year? Kid will be a beast just like his pop and that may help unruin the season.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Seminole Indian

Really don't know yet who is on their roster and probably will never know for sure.

They simply don't recruit like a normal school and have enticed so many JC guys that had anther year of JC ball to join them instead  it is hard to keep up, and a few more players are finishing up academic work.

https://twitter.com/Justin_CookRWRC/status/760905334995034112

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 04, 2016, 06:40:54 am
Really don't know yet who is on their roster and probably will never know for sure.

They simply don't recruit like a normal school and have enticed so many JC guys that had anther year of JC ball to join them instead of playing another year of JC ball it is hard to keep up, and a few more players are finishing up academic work.

https://twitter.com/Justin_CookRWRC/status/760905334995034112

Lol, I know Justin well and love him and his family, but that's no different than a tweet from an average fan. Now, if the discussion was futbol, he would have a leg up on most.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2016, 06:46:46 am
Lol, I know Justin well and love him and his family, but that's no different than a tweet from an average fan. Now, if the discussion was futbol, he would have a leg up on most.
Actually I listened to Voitik on the radio yesterday, and knew he said A-State had a lot more speed than Pitt, and thought he said they had more talent but was not sure.

That is why I included this tweet, when discussing their players. Don't know who all they have on the roster just know they have the most talented roster of players in this recent run of decent talent.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 04, 2016, 06:57:38 am
Actually I listened to Voitik on the radio yesterday, and knew he said A-State had a lot more speed than Pitt, and thought he said they had more talent but was not sure.

That is why I included this tweet, when discussing their players. Don't know who all they have on the roster just know they have the most talented roster of players in this recent run of decent talent.

Ok, I thought Justin was saying that, haha. Anyway, it's August and football weather, 100 degrees...

Seminole Indian

Of course pointing out a few years ago that they had upgraded their talent to where they should win at their level is what got me into the mess I'm in. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Use to end my post on their talent by saying " the best is yet to come, for real tangible reasons", well it has come. Only a handful of G5's are as talented as they are, and probably no G5 has their speed.

Just have to see if they can find a QB, but they have done OK the last two years without one IMO.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 04, 2016, 07:05:22 am
Of course pointing out a few years ago that they had upgraded their talent to where they should win at their level is what got me into the mess I'm in. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Use to end my post on their talent by saying " the best is yet to come, for real tangible reasons", well it has come. Only a handful of G5's are as talented as they are, and probably no G5 has their speed.

Just have to see if they can find a QB, but they have done OK the last two years without one IMO.

Hmm, I'd slow down on the back patting, and it's too early to make a few of those calls as far as talent, it's much easier to see/prove after the season.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2016, 07:12:16 am
Hmm, I'd slow down on the back patting, and it's too early to make a few of those calls as far as talent, it's much easier to see/prove after the season.
Sorry, like I said should keep my mouth shut, but they are what they are.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 04, 2016, 07:17:00 am
Sorry, like I said should keep my mouth shut, but they are what they are.

And, as I said, we'll know at the end of the year, if "they are what they are". Or, are you implying that it will be a poor coaching job should they not end up being  one of the highest ranked G5 at the end of the year?

Seminole Indian

Don't know, other factors have a way of effecting outcomes other than talent.

QB's may be total bust or might lose 2-3 QB's during the course of the season.

I still expect them to finish with 9 win's +/-1, with a lean toward 10. Not sure where that would put them as far as G5's.

Pretty sure it will not get them to Dallas, but not sure 12-0 would either.

Seminole Indian

August 04, 2016, 01:44:11 pm #22 Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:03:01 pm by Seminole Indian
The first practice apparently went well and according to what was reported on AStateNation radio, they look to be further along and more talented than the first two Anderson's teams( return almost everyone from his 9 win 2015 team, that was better than his 7 win 2014 team,so what did they expect) .

QB's and receivers looked very good, and that is good because other than replacing a punter, those are the only real questions with this team. Noted that the players competing at both positions look more talented( gee 3-4 star types are more talented than 2-3 star types, who would have thought that) , and there are more of them than any recent A-State team(how-about ever) .

Looks like football in Arkansas is here (excuse the comments I'm from Tennessee), and about time to turn my thoughts to fishing.