Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athlon Sports College Football's Top 100 Impact Transfers for 2016

Started by Seminole Indian, June 29, 2016, 07:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

A-State gets 4 of the 100:

68. QB Chad Voytik, Arkansas State (from Pitt) Fredi Knighten departs after a successful two-year stint as Arkansas State's starter, but coach Blake Anderson has two promising options vying for the starting job. Junior college transfer (and former Oklahoma signal-caller) Justice Hansen and Pitt transfer Chad Voytik are set to battle for the No. 1 spot in the fall. Voytik started all 13 games for Pitt in 2014 and threw for 2,223 yards and 16 touchdowns and added 466 yards and three scores on the ground. Voytik lost the starting job at Pitt to Nathan Peterman in 2015 but is a key pickup for Anderson and the potent Arkansas State offense for 2016.

61/62. WR Kendall Sanders (Texas)/Cameron Echols-Luper (TCU) to Arkansas State The Red Wolves could have three Big 12 transfers starting on offense this fall, as Sanders (Texas), Echols-Luper (TCU) and quarterback Justice Hansen (Oklahoma/junior college recruit) were key pickups on the recruiting trail for coach Blake Anderson. Sanders and Echols-Luper bring dynamic play-making ability and speed for a receiving corps that must replace Tres Houston, J.D. McKissic and tight end Darion Griswold.

10. DL Dee Liner, Arkansas State (from Alabama) Arkansas State already has one of the top Group of 5 defensive linemen in Ja'Von Rolland-Jones, and the Red Wolves should have another standout in the mix with Liner joining the team after transferring from Alabama. Liner ranked as the No. 46 overall recruit by the 247Sports Composite in the 2015 signing class and recorded three tackles in limited action. Liner should be the Sun Belt's top newcomer for 2016.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-100-impact-transfers-2016
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Grizzlyfan

That's a pretty good group of transfers.  At least at face value.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 30, 2016, 11:03:55 am
That's a pretty good group of transfers.  At least at face value.
Although they were missing a couple of front line DL's who were injured this spring, and another front line player did not participate because he is waiting on the NCAA to decide if he gets back a year where he had to leave school to help is family, Dee Liner graded the highest of the DL's this spring and looked very good. I would say he is the real deal.

Cameron Echols-Luper looked like a super star in the spring game. Because of his athleticism and speed, if he stays healthy I look for him to be a true "game changer" for them, and one of the best G5 players by years end.

Justice Hansen looked ever bit of a 4 star player as far as talent , but also looked like a sophomore, new to the system in his decision making.

Even though they return most of their 2-deep on both sides of the ball, and most of the most talented roster of players in the SBC, they have a lot of newbies joining them this year that i think will end up playing key roles, and make this team better than last years.

They have had several players who played key roles the last couple of years leave the team since last year because they now find themselves way down the depth chart. I expect there will be more join  them.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 01, 2016, 07:07:21 am
Although they were missing a couple of front line DL's who were injured this spring, and another front line player did not participate because he is waiting on the NCAA to decide if he gets back a year where he had to leave school to help is family, Dee Liner graded the highest of the DL's this spring and looked very good. I would say he is the real deal.

Cameron Echols-Luper looked like a super star in the spring game. Because of his athleticism and speed, if he stays healthy I look for him to be a true "game changer" for them, and one of the best G5 players by years end.

Justice Hansen looked ever bit of a 4 star player as far as talent , but also looked like a sophomore, new to the system in his decision making.

Even though they return most of their 2-deep on both sides of the ball, and most of the most talented roster of players in the SBC, they have a lot of newbies joining them this year that i think will end up playing key roles, and make this team better than last years.

They have had several players who played key roles the last couple of years leave the team since last year because they now find themselves way down the depth chart. I expect there will be more join  them.
Good deal.  I like to see ASU do well.