Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFN's Arkansas Red Wolves Football Preview 2016

Started by Seminole Indian, June 29, 2016, 07:35:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Not really a CFN fan but do agree with them when it comes to the prospects of them looking for a new HC after 2016, "It's Arkansas State – it'll find another head coach who'll win, too.", and "With four championships in five seasons, nothing less than yet another Sun Belt championship will be okay."

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/arkansas-red-wolves-football-preview-2016
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

July 09, 2016, 09:00:43 am #1 Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:49:56 am by Seminole Indian
I noted that CFN has A-State going 9-3 with loses on the road to Auburn, Utah State and ULL on a another thread. Because I have them with 9 win's +/- 1, that seems pretty reasonable, but I'm also leaning toward the +1, and fact is +2 is not out of the question.

IMO there are a lot of newbies in their program that are not being considered that are going to make the 2016 version of the Red Wolves much, much more talented than the 2015 version.

I think transfers like former Texas receiver Kendall Sanders, former Texas Tech rb Armond Weh Weh, JC transfers like lb Kyle Wilson, WR's Christian Booker, and Justin McInnis, all have the talent to make a big impact on this years team, at positions where they were already considered solid.

The return of safety Allen Sentmore, lb Tajhea Chambers, nb Justin Clifton, rb/ab Daryl Rollins‐Davis, and dl Dovonon Ransom from injuries should also make a huge difference.

These guys are all above average talents and could all be standout players for them in 2016.

They will also be adding some truly outstanding freshmen ( true and red-shirts) into the mix. Safeties Ben Sukut, and BJ Edmonds, offensive linemen Dalton Ford, and Cam Davis, QB's D.J. Pearson, and Logan Bonner, rb Jamal Jones, wr Omar Bayless, k Sawyer Williams, ab Darveon Brown, te Javon Isaac, de TJ Harris, and dl Javier Carbonell were all big gets for them, and have the talent to help this year.

My interest in college football is recruiting, and only recruiting, and IMO most people do not realize what a good job they have been doing recruiting talent in Jonesboro. This is a very talented team.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne