Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All A-State Coaches to Somewhere, and Who Will Replace Them Post

Started by thebignasty, May 22, 2016, 05:05:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebignasty

May 22, 2016, 05:05:07 pm Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:03:39 am by Seminole Indian
The Fayetteville High head coaching job? I have heard this is a real possibility. Has ties to the school, and UA sophomore Dre Greenlaw is his son.

BPsTheMan

bad timing or good timing? I hear he's also in the mix to leave as we speak for Florida International (in the Ron Cooper shakeup)

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

BPsTheMan

Quote from: thebignasty on May 22, 2016, 05:05:07 pm
The Fayetteville High head coaching job? I have heard this is a real possibility. Has ties to the school, and UA sophomore Dre Greenlaw is his son.

I've heard he's popular with other Hog players too - Drew Morgan loves the guy

thebignasty

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 22, 2016, 05:11:18 pm

I've heard he's popular with other Hog players too - Drew Morgan loves the guy

Fayetteville has several kids the next few years who will get looks by the UA as well.  Certainly wouldn't hurt UA to have a guy like Early in charge at Fayetteville, given his track record with kids on the hill.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: thebignasty on May 22, 2016, 05:14:00 pm
Fayetteville has several kids the next few years who will get looks by the UA as well.  Certainly wouldn't hurt UA to have a guy like Early in charge at Fayetteville, given his track record with kids on the hill.

he's loved by the administration

BPsTheMan

I PM'd some guys that know Coach Early - we'll see - I'm hearing quick wheels are in motion on both FHS and Florida International

Boardon Hamsay

Plus, looking at the campus improvements made over the past decade or so at FHS and one could argue they're better than stAte.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on May 23, 2016, 06:14:56 pm
Plus, looking at the campus improvements made over the past decade or so at FHS and one could argue they're better than stAte.
That is lame.

BPsTheMan

that's an excellent point

however I keep hearing Early is headed to Florida International as Def Line - somehow Ron Turner is still employed, and I hear there are opportunities to move to mid-season DC if Turner is ousted midseason and Ron Cooper takes over

Take that interim DC momentum to an Appalachian State or whatnot as perma DC - good move

but again, yes, FHS facilities are on par w/UCA, ASU, Henderson, etc..

yraciv

Fayetteville likely has coaches knocking at their door with far more impressive resumes than Early.  I don't doubt he would want it, but I doubt he has 1 of the Top 5 resumes of applicants.

thebignasty

Quote from: yraciv on May 24, 2016, 01:00:47 pm
Fayetteville likely has coaches knocking at their door with far more impressive resumes than Early.  I don't doubt he would want it, but I doubt he has 1 of the Top 5 resumes of applicants.

Likely that we will know in early June it appears:

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/may/21/prep-football-purple-dogs-move-past-tou/

pigture perfect

And the last time you have been to stAte? If you said UAM, I might take you seriously.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 24, 2016, 02:39:43 pm
And the last time you have been to stAte? If you said UAM, I might take you seriously.
IMO the snide remarks about A-State  really reflect the progress their football programs has made. Probably going to get a lot worse.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

haters gonna hate and when all else fails...make up lame ass stories about the Red Wolves and their coaches.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

thebignasty

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 24, 2016, 05:20:54 pm
haters gonna hate and when all else fails...make up lame ass stories about the Red Wolves and their coaches.

I couldnt.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 24, 2016, 02:39:43 pm

ASU has a beautiful campus

Seminole Indian

Early always gives everyone a heads-up when a commit is coming.

https://twitter.com/BrianEarly2/status/735239488637538304/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on May 24, 2016, 08:32:10 pm
Early always gives everyone a heads-up when a commit is coming.

https://twitter.com/BrianEarly2/status/735239488637538304/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

yep

BPsTheMan

Confirmed: Brian Early is not going to Florida International.

It will be excellent news for ASU if he stays for one more year.

Seminole Indian

Good to hear, hope he and Trooper take a shot at replacing Anderson, when he heads to Baylor after 2016, if not before.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/5/25/11548258/arkansas-state-red-wolves-best-sun-belt-jobs

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on May 26, 2016, 09:36:38 pm
Good to hear, hope he and Trooper take a shot at replacing Anderson, when he heads to Baylor after 2016, if not before.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/5/25/11548258/arkansas-state-red-wolves-best-sun-belt-jobs

I don't think so. Blake is going to stay for a long long time. The administration needs to give him that house they let Gus Malzahn use. Just give it to him.

BPsTheMan

I have a feeling this thread is going to blow up in the OP's face, and Brian Early is not going anywhere.

No Fayetteville High, nada.

Texman

Not sure Brian would want to go back and coach high school.  Having too much fun at the college level.  His players absolutely love him.  He has one of the best family/work life situations in CFB working for Blake.  I've had many coaches tell me that.  I know of 2 that turned down jobs this year to larger schools (AAC and SEC) for big raises... boiled down to the family atmosphere and work environment.

chiefsfan

Early is not going to FHS.  They wanted to hire him, yes, but he didn't really show any interest.  Same with FIU.  He's got a really good situation under Anderson, and could easily parlay that to a P5 job if Anderson was to get a better offer.

FIU would make no sense anyway.  they don't have half the commitment to facilities that AState does.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

thebignasty

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 26, 2016, 09:54:50 pm
I have a feeling this thread is going to blow up in the OP's face, and Brian Early is not going anywhere.

No Fayetteville High, nada.

Just sharing info I'd heard,  and seems like I'm not the only one.

BPsTheMan

BPsTheMan

Quote from: thebignasty on May 27, 2016, 04:36:53 am
Just sharing info I'd heard,  and seems like I'm not the only one.

it's pretty obvious you're just whitewashing the fact that Brian Early can't make up his mind what he's going to do. If he's "committed" to ASU, then he needs to be committed, stop toying with the idea of other jobs, and stop having you as his publicity agent..

:puke:

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 27, 2016, 11:06:32 am

it's pretty obvious you're just whitewashing the fact that Brian Early can't make up his mind what he's going to do. If he's "committed" to ASU, then he needs to be committed, stop toying with the idea of other jobs, and stop having you as his publicity agent..

Just jockeying for a raise.

thebignasty

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 27, 2016, 11:06:32 am

Sounds like someone is pissed they were fed bad Florida International info.

BPsTheMan

That's what they seem to think on those other Wolf message boards

I'm telling you all, give Anderson Gus Malzahn's free house while you can. Gotta keep him. There's too much whispering going on about Baylor.

I hope Tyrell Lyons begins summer school before the whispers about Anderson get louder.

Seminole Indian

This will be his third year there, and they think he is gone after this year anyway, so might as well move on now.

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 27, 2016, 11:39:51 pm
That's what they seem to think on those other Wolf message boards

I'm telling you all, give Anderson Gus Malzahn's free house while you can. Gotta keep him. There's too much whispering going on about Baylor.

I hope Tyrell Lyons begins summer school before the whispers about Anderson get louder.

I think they gave the free house to Trooper.......

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2016, 08:21:27 am
I think they gave the free house to Trooper.......

okay, wait, if it went to Tropper, then that's just unfair to the other assistants

no wonder Brian Early has a wondering eye

BPsTheMan

Quote from: thebignasty on May 27, 2016, 06:55:51 pm
Sounds like someone is pissed they were fed bad Florida International info.

Early pulled out of the Florida International job just last week. Fluid situation.

Stop spinning.

BPsTheMan

looks like a certain OP is avoiding this thread now

hmm...

thebignasty

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 22, 2016, 07:18:33 pm
I PM'd some guys that know Coach Early - we'll see - I'm hearing quick wheels are in motion on both FHS and Florida International

It's like you forgot what you already posted.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on May 24, 2016, 06:24:54 pm
ASU has a beautiful campus

Not really. They have improved the athletic facilities greatly recently. The overall campus is not "beautiful" though it is a work in progress and improvements have been made. I worked in Jonesboro a few years ago and now go there on business occasionally. I was there recently at their graduation ceremonies when my nephews wife graduated with a nursing Masters Degree. There one thing that still sticks out in my mind from all the time I've spent there is there is still a "disconnect" between the city and it's leaders and the ASU community and it's leaders to some degree. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfNut57

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 02, 2016, 07:37:35 pm
Not really. They have improved the athletic facilities greatly recently. The overall campus is not "beautiful" though it is a work in progress and improvements have been made. I worked in Jonesboro a few years ago and now go there on business occasionally. I was there recently at their graduation ceremonies when my nephews wife graduated with a nursing Masters Degree. There one thing that still sticks out in my mind from all the time I've spent there is there is still a "disconnect" between the city and it's leaders and the ASU community and it's leaders to some degree.

Re the bolded part. That disconnect does exist but has no bearing on the quality of the campus itself.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

They have a very nice campus, and athletic facilities for the most part.

Very few G5's have better support from their community than does A-State.

Disconnect.......not really on most things, but does anyone care if their is a disconnect between the leadership at the UofA, and what ever the name of that town they are in. Who cares!!!  Like the UofA, A-State is the 600 lb gorilla in the room if there is  a disconnect. 

BPsTheMan

yeah, you're just wrong - Thank God Brian Early has obviously decided to stay and help Wolf Nation take on those city leaders head on.

Planting classic American Boxwood shrubbery around campus, figuratively and literally... that's Brian Early folks.

BPsTheMan

it's official - Biran Early is staying and that's great news for ASWofls!!!

big nasty was wrong

Seminole Indian

Anderson to Baylor was brought up in this interview with former A-State HC Larry Lacewell.

That he is a good fit there was acknowledged by Lacewell and the interviewer. Most A-State fans think he will go somewhere after this season, and Baylor really does seem like a good fit IMO.

http://www.foxsportsarkansas.com/former-asu-coach-larry-lacewell/

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on June 07, 2016, 08:25:42 pm
Anderson to Baylor was brought up in this interview with former A-State HC Larry Lacewell.

That he is a good fit there was acknowledged by Lacewell and the interviewer. Most A-State fans think he will go somewhere after this season, and Baylor really does seem like a good fit IMO.

http://www.foxsportsarkansas.com/former-asu-coach-larry-lacewell/

Powerful. I'm glad Larry Lacewell is adding credibility to my thread.

I imagine Larry is reading this forum on a daily basis.

BPsTheMan

and I repeat...

bignasty was wrong

troll
hater
yellow journalist

thebignasty

clutch

Quote from: Seminole Indian on June 02, 2016, 07:59:27 pm
They have a very nice campus, and athletic facilities for the most part.

Very few G5's have better support from their community than does A-State.

Disconnect.......not really on most things, but does anyone care if their is a disconnect between the leadership at the UofA, and what ever the name of that town they are in. Who cares!!!  Like the UofA, A-State is the 600 lb gorilla in the room if there is  a disconnect. 

The campus is getting better as the new buildings continue to pop up, but it's still a long ways from very nice in my opinion. And I say this as an ASU grad. I enjoyed my time at ASU, but always thought it was lagging way behind in overall campus appeal to many of the other schools in the state. Hopefully one day soon all the ugly yellow brick buildings will be gone.

The football stadium is nice and the new indoor facility are nice. The baseball field is nice too. The convo is still "BUBBA" as it was referred to in the older days. Big Ugly BasketBall Arena.

ricepig

Quote from: clutch on June 09, 2016, 04:21:45 pm
The campus is getting better as the new buildings continue to pop up, but it's still a long ways from very nice in my opinion. And I say this as an ASU grad. I enjoyed my time at ASU, but always thought it was lagging way behind in overall campus appeal to many of the other schools in the state. Hopefully one day soon all the ugly yellow brick buildings will be gone.

The football stadium is nice and the new indoor facility are nice. The baseball field is nice too. The convo is still "BUBBA" as it was referred to in the older days. Big Ugly BasketBall Arena.

The baseball facility is on the par with JUCO's and D-2's, but it holds the 200 that show up. The campus has improved the last 10 years, but new buildings will always help that. They hold some old relics in that yellow brick that were hideous, and they finally finished that building that was a steel shell for several years. The west side of the football stadium is nice, the east looks like an erector set, can't complain too much as our west side looks bad from Razorback Rd.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on June 09, 2016, 04:36:35 pm
The baseball facility is on the par with JUCO's and D-2's, but it holds the 200 that show up. The campus has improved the last 10 years, but new buildings will always help that. They hold some old relics in that yellow brick that were hideous, and they finally finished that building that was a steel shell for several years. The west side of the football stadium is nice, the east looks like an erector set, can't complain too much as our west side looks bad from Razorback Rd.

hater