Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SI's Thayer Evans on Coaching A-State in Spring Game

Started by Seminole Indian, April 22, 2016, 07:05:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

April 22, 2016, 07:05:02 am Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:47:24 am by Seminole Indian
A State continued to use outside coaches during their spring game including SI's Thayer Evans. Thayer took it seriously, before and after the game,and promised to hang 50 on the defense, even with only 5 healthy OL.

"Still, I called several coaches for advice, including former East Carolina coach Steve Logan, one of college football's most underappreciated offensive minds."

".... I had badly underestimated the toll of being without the four starters on the offensive line. As fast as we called plays, the defense was even faster. It riddled us its Cover-2 scheme, and we were simply overmatched up front."

"Afterward, I don't really remember shaking hands with the other team. I was that pissed we lost."

http://www.campusrush.com/arkansas-state-spring-game-guest-coach-1744502399.html
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne