Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brady Resigning

Started by Inhogswetrust, November 18, 2015, 06:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Why no discussion of ASU basketball coach John Brady resigning at the end of the season? It was announced Monday yet no news.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

pigture perfect

Yeah, I don't get it. Too young to retire unless burnout, illness or family issues. He doesn't appear to be having any trouble with the team. Why not announce at the end of the season? Curious.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 18, 2015, 06:09:17 pm
Yeah, I don't get it. Too young to retire unless burnout, illness or family issues. He doesn't appear to be having any trouble with the team. Why not announce at the end of the season? Curious.

Because he knew the only reason he wasn't fired last season was they couldn't afford to pay him his $350,000 and a new coach. He's already sold his Ridgepointe house and bought a condo in N.O. He's giving the AD a break to get a jump on the possible candidates for the job.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 18, 2015, 06:09:17 pm
Someone told me their starting point guard was arrested in the off season and was facing some serious  jail time, and their best player attacked and injured a  police officer.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hawginbigd1

Well he has been a disappointment in my book, I expected his prior ability to recruit and his prior resume' to result in ASU becoming the bully in the conference.

Seminole Indian

Don't know what the deal is with him. He brought in some talent, heck this team has talent, but he and they just never seen to mesh, and he had off the court and on the court player issues every year. At some point fans start pointing the finger at the coach, and that was the case at ASU.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 02, 2015, 03:55:40 pm
Well he has been a disappointment in my book, I expected his prior ability to recruit and his prior resume' to result in ASU becoming the bully in the conference.

You'd think a coach that was able to take LSU to the final four could dominate the Sunbelt. But Brady just never did. That is why a lot of us ASU fans have finally lost patience and are ready for new leadership.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.