Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State Plays @Appalachian State Thursday

Started by Seminole Indian, November 01, 2015, 05:58:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

6:30 CST on ESPNU.

Winner should have the inside track to the SBC Championship.

Should be a very good game.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

A-State is steamrolling Appalachian State in the 3rd.
This is my non-signature signature.

GolfNut57

How......excuse me........Howl about them Red Wolves? Went into Boone, NC and took down the 7-1 Mountaineers 40-27. Trailed at the half 21-17 and the first two TDs Ark State scored were the result of fumbles by App State. ASU is now the only undefeated team in the Sunbelt at 5-0 and if they can take care of business the last three games they will win the undisputed league title.  8)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

November 06, 2015, 05:54:31 am #4 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:26:28 am by Seminole Indian
Bowl eligible again, with three games to go.  Nice.

Even with two of the remaining three games on the road they have a very good shot at going undefeated in conference play.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Großer Kriegschwein

Made good defensive adjustments in the second half. Got back to their bread and butter after a blah offensive first half. Pretty much ran them off the field in the third quarter.

PossumFan

I was pleasantly surprised. Thought Appy State would kick butt. And it sure looked like it early. Hope nobody steals our coach again.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PossumFan on November 06, 2015, 11:49:58 am
I was pleasantly surprised. Thought Appy State would kick butt. And it sure looked like it early. Hope nobody steals our coach again.

Anderson isn't likely to go anywhere. The $3 million buyout will keep all but the big spenders away and those same big spenders will be looking for someone much more in the limelight than the coach from a mid major school in Arkansas.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PossumFan on November 06, 2015, 11:49:58 am

I watch every A-State game I can. Visited Jonesboro for college day twice my senior year, mother and SiL both alum.

For the students I hope he stays put for 4+ years. They deserve it after they were a farm league for other schools.

Dropkick

I don't think ASU has to worry about losing their coach yet.

pigture perfect

They did look good. They are a fun team to watch.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

November 07, 2015, 06:26:26 am #12 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:41:56 am by Seminole Indian
What makes them fun to watch, and so explosive is that under Freeze, Malzahn, and now Anderson (not so much Harsin), they absolutely refuse to recruit players who don't have SEC caliber speed, quickness and athleticism. Especially skill players.

Of course they don't get many with SEC size, and strength, so are smaller than most FBS teams at most positions, which can get them into trouble when they play teams with players with  all the physical gifts.

The interior of the DL is the only position where they had to make an exception, and they had to go big and strong after getting so many players hurt there last year.

Razorback fans should have a feel for the type of athletes they have based on the A-State commits they snatch-up late in the recruiting process from time to time. Guys like Josh Liddel, Drew Morgan, and Dre Greenlaw, may not be as big as most SEC players but they can play.

What Razorback fans probably don't know is almost without exception their best recruits  come from out of state, and they have a rooster full of these smaller but athletic players. In almost every case you will here a recruits coach say that, other that being a little short, or undersized, the player is SEC caliber.

That makes them very fun to watch, and if healthy very hard for most G5's to beat.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 07, 2015, 06:26:26 am
What makes them fun to watch, and so explosive is that under Freeze, Malzahn, and now Anderson (not so much Harsin), they absolutely refuse to recruit players who don't have SEC caliber speed, quickness and athleticism. Especially skill players.

Of course they don't get many with SEC size, and strength, so are smaller than most FBS teams at most positions, which can get them into trouble when they play teams with players with  all the physical gifts.

The interior of the DL is the only position where they had to make an exception, and they had to go big and strong after getting so many players hurt there last year.

Razorback fans should have a feel for the type of athletes they have based on the A-State commits they snatch-up late in the recruiting process from time to time. Guys like Josh Liddel, Drew Morgan, and Dre Greenlaw, may not be as big as most SEC players but they can play.

What Razorback fans probably don't know is almost without exception their best recruits  come from out of state, and they have a rooster full of these smaller but athletic players. In almost every case you will here a recruits coach say that, other that being a little short, or undersized, the player is SEC caliber.

That makes them very fun to watch, and if healthy very hard for most G5's to beat.

I hope they win out and throttle a G5 opponent in their bowl. I don't think they'll be getting a P5 team. A good A-State team is good for the state. Better college programs equal better high school programs.