Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State’s leading MBB scorer charged with assaulting a police officer

Started by jbcarol, May 31, 2015, 01:45:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Anthony Livingston was arrested on Thursday night after a run-in with police outside of a hospital in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

Livingston, the sophomore forward for the Arkansas State men's basketball team, was charged with second-degree assault after punching a police officer in the throat, leaving the officer with a broken hyoid bone.

QuoteJohn Brady: "Anthony Livingston has been an exemplary member of our basketball team during his time here. He is an excellent student, a pleasure to coach and has been a positive representative of the university. This recent incident involving him is totally out of character for who I know this young man to be.

"There are times when we need to evaluate all the personal reasons why a young man could possibly react in a way inconsistent with his previous behavior. I support every effort we have in order to find out the reasons for his behavior and then proceed to place the proper discipline or care he may need."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Seminole Indian

Brady has lost several of his 'star' players  for 'aggressive' behavior off the court, since he arrived. 
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

What was left out of the story is that the player was taken to the behavioral clinic by Brady and the players parents after having some issues and was due to be admitted. But once Brady and the parents left the hospital and the staff were taking Livingston back to be processed and admitted that is when he became combative and the police were called. Once they arrived Livingston confronted the officer and threatened him if Livingston was not allowed to leave the facility.

Obviously the guy has a mental problem.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.