Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henderson State Reddies

Started by Southpaw Hawg, May 16, 2015, 04:28:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southpaw Hawg

I know this is obviously not Razorback related, but a shout out to another in state school.  Henderson State Reddies are in the finals of the Central Region, Division II Baseball Regionals.  One win away from Div II World Series.  Good stuff.

Hawgphish

Congrats to the Reddies.  As a former reddie, I have to say a little bit credit should go to the great Clyde Berry.

Southpaw Hawg

Agree.  Former Reddie myself and played baseball for Clyde Berry in the 80's.  Still stay in touch with him every chance I get.  Great Man and Great Coach!

SPAL

I consider this an Arkansas baseball board.....it is always welcomed to see Arkansas teams that have had success get recognized. 

Birminghog

You're the man, Sir-Pig.  Go Reddies! Representing the class of Dec, '76.

MissippHog

Wish they were still in the GSC.  A lot of good memories of my Statesmen battling the Arkansas schools back in the late 90's / early 2000's.

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 16, 2015, 10:12:43 pm
I consider this an Arkansas baseball board.....it is always welcomed to see Arkansas teams that have had success get recognized.

Thanks sir pigs a lot. 

Hawgphish

Reddies won today to win the Regional.  Headed to Div.II World Series.  Congrats!

Maddhog

Quote from: Hawgphish on May 17, 2015, 06:51:27 pm
Reddies won today to win the Regional.  Headed to Div.II World Series.  Congrats!

That is awesome!
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Southpaw Hawg

Great performance!  Beat the #1 ranked team in the nation twice this tourny on their home field .

beachhawg

Southpaw Hog, when we're you at HSU? 

Teddyhawgeddy

I am also a former Reddie and considered myself fortunate to have attended from 73-78. When we had both Dr Berry and the very low profile Billy Bock coaching Baseball, Sporty Carpenter in Football, and Don Dyer in Basketball. Good Times indeed.

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: Bailey on May 21, 2015, 12:31:22 am
[/quote

83-86. Started in Fall of 82.  Coach Berry was tough to play for but a good coach.

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on May 21, 2015, 05:52:10 am
I am also a former Reddie and considered myself fortunate to have attended from 73-78. When we had both Dr Berry and the very low profile Billy Bock coaching Baseball, Sporty Carpenter in Football, and Don Dyer in Basketball. Good Times indeed.

All Great Coaches!  You probably knew or heard about the Braddock Brothers right?

beachhawg

Quote from: Southpaw Hawg on May 21, 2015, 05:37:36 pm
Quote from: Bailey on May 21, 2015, 12:31:22 am
[/quote

83-86. Started in Fall of 82.  Coach Berry was tough to play for but a good coach.

Cool. I played football at Henderson in 85 86

Hawgphish

Henderson won opening game in D2 World Series 4-0 over Angelo State.  On quite a roll!

Pigsear

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 16, 2015, 10:12:43 pm

I agree except for ASU.   ;)

jbell96

Good luck to the Reddies today as they play in an elimination game with Angelo State at noon.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

HawgTrough

HSU wins 4-1. On to the finals.
WPS

Maddhog

Quote from: HawgTrough on May 27, 2015, 01:33:48 pm

This is wonderful.  HSU is likely full of Arkansas kids who didnt get offered by the larger schools so I'm very happy for them.   My dad graduated from OBU so HSU was the enemy in our household when I was growing up.  😃
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

revolution

Quote from: HawgTrough on May 27, 2015, 01:33:48 pm
Don't think they've gotten that far yet.  The bracket published by D2 baseball has them having to beat Tampa twice just to get to the championship game (or two if necessary).  But maybe I'm reading it wrong. 

Here's the link:  http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d2

Go Reddies! 

jbell96

Quote from: revolution on May 27, 2015, 03:06:08 pm
Don't think they've gotten that far yet.  The bracket published by D2 baseball has them having to beat Tampa twice just to get to the championship game (or two if necessary).  But maybe I'm reading it wrong. 

Here's the link:  http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d2

Go Reddies! 

Yeah, they have to beat Tampa twice. Really unusual how they do the D2 CWS. They play in two 4 team brackets, but when it is down to 4 teams total, the winner of each losers bracket has to play the undefeated team of the other bracket. Just weird.