Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beer Sales on campus

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, April 09, 2015, 01:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldfart

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on April 09, 2015, 04:30:06 pm
Legend has it that, when the Student Union at Fayetteville was being designed in the early 70s, Anheuser-Busch offered to pay 100% of construction costs if they could have some sort of beer concession in the building. I really do not think UA officials seriously considered it. Different world now.

thats an urban myth. i was on the campus building committee at the time so i  know its not true

twistitup

Quote from: oldfart on April 13, 2015, 03:35:44 pm
thats an urban myth. i was on the campus building committee at the time so i  know its not true

I bet you hang out w ol rice.....committee dropping and all
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

GolfnHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 10, 2015, 10:12:05 pm
Enjoyed the club level at RRS this year, but I enjoyed it the previous 12 years, too. To me, there's nothing better than to be with friends or family at a game.

End of convo! Amen.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

husker71

Back in the early 80's we tried very very hard to get gambling legalized in Arkansas.  Of course some of our main opposition was from Baptists.  Well, we lost badly.  A few months later the Baptists had their big convention in of all places Las Vegas.  A friend who was the Sports director at the Union Plaza at the time told me "you should hear those Baptists praise the Lord--------when they hit 3 7s"