Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Attendance in Arkansas better/worse ?

Started by Seminole Indian, April 08, 2015, 07:21:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Noticed in this article that A-State was off a little last year( still among the best in G5) , and the Razorbacks up (among the best in P5).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415

While it is hard to predict in advance because of those mid-week games they have to play, I look for A-State to have a nice increase this year. More games early than last year, plus Missouri at home.

Looking ahead home games against UCA (2016, one last time), and  Miami (2017), should be well attended.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Saw this on HowlYes.com, just dealing with G5 attendance:

http://www.minerrush.com/2015/4/7/8148419/group-of-five-attendance-numbers-aac-mw-mac-sun-belt-cusa

"They have supplemented their power teams(Arkansas State, Lafayette) with proven up and coming schools (Georgia Southern, Appalachian State)that might be small markets, but they sure do love their teams and fill up the stadium."

Little different numbers but A-State is still one of the better G5's in this area, and this year should be better.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

April 09, 2015, 12:50:14 pm #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:33:43 pm by Seminole Indian
Could not find any attendance numbers for the other Arkansas Colleges and Universities for 2014, but here is how the Arkansas schools did in 2013.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2013.pdf

The 126,693 total average attendance for all schools breaks down like this:

Arkansas  61,596
Arkansas St. 24,913
Central Ark. 8,238
Ark.-Pine Bluff  6,653
Southern Ark.  4,736
Arkansas Tech  4,728
Henderson St.  4,555
Ouachita Baptist  4,205
Harding 2,820
Ark.-Monticello 2,687
Hendrix  1,562

Seminole Indian

The % of the 126,693 total average attendance by school in 2013 was:

Arkansas (48.6%)
Arkansas State (19.7%)
Central Ark. (6.5%)
Ark.-Pine Bluff  (5.3%)
Southern Ark.  (3.8%)
Arkansas Tech  (3.7%)
Henderson St.  (3.6%)
Ouachita Baptist  (3.3%)
Harding (2.2%)
Ark.-Monticello (2.1%)
Hendrix  (1.2%)

This 126,693 is equal to about 4.3% of the total population of the state in 2013 (about 2,949, 000 total).

Of course many come from out of state, and some may have attended more than one of these games, but IMO it is safe to say not a very large number of people in Arkansas attend college football games, and those that do like FBS football, and by a wide margin.

DeltaBoy

Shows to me that folks are watching to much the games on TV, Web or Radio.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 09, 2015, 01:41:47 pm
Shows to me that folks are watching to much the games on TV, Web or Radio.

Do you go to any games at any college Delta?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 09, 2015, 04:57:25 pm
Do you go to any games at any college Delta?

I went to 2 Hog games a year while I was in LR 1986-1991, I been to the battle of the Ravine in Arkadelphia . My last college game was the 2008 Texas game in Austin.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 16, 2015, 03:11:37 pm
I went to 2 Hog games a year while I was in LR 1986-1991, I been to the battle of the Ravine in Arkadelphia . My last college game was the 2008 Texas game in Austin.

So what is keeping you away?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 16, 2015, 05:28:08 pm
So what is keeping you away?

Money I took a pay cut about that time to spend more time with my daughter.  She will be getting out soon plus with my health issues it is just too easy to sit at home and watch it on TV.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 20, 2015, 02:51:04 pm
Money I took a pay cut about that time to spend more time with my daughter.  She will be getting out soon plus with my health issues it is just too easy to sit at home and watch it on TV.

Understand. Good luck to you and your daughter!